247Sports Update

Fwiw, Colby and Brown didn't get evald higher. Nor did Salter, mosley, wilcoxson get evald lower. Those all stayed same. Easy way to tell is to see if the guys around them had the same number change. It just means guys around them rose or dropped. Another easy way to tell is if it is a really small number.

Only real evaluation movements look to be lewis, brooks, willis, and Evans (+300 spots).
The original post said they dropped , which they did. Their grade may not have changed but their ranking did. The point is valid, how are they changing a recruits grade when no one is playing.

The original post said they dropped , which they did. Their grade may not have changed but their ranking did. The point is valid, how are they changing a recruits grade when no one is playing.
All I mean is a 1-8 spot "rise" or "drop" is not actually being evaluated higher or lower. It is others dropping or rising past them. It is a necessity if anyone is going to rise or drop. Same as Colby and the other guy going up 8 spots. That was just other guys dropping. Easy to spot because everyone around them had the same numerical increase. As a general rule of thumb, if it is fewer than 10, it is likely not an eval change. That is just them holding steady.

As to evaluating players higher or lower, it is pretty simple. They literally do this every year, multiple times. This is nothing new. They base it off either film or camps. This year they are spending more time evaluating and going deeper into 2019 film and there were a handful of camps before the shutdown.

I commented on this in the football forum a few weeks ago. A buddy of mine recently talked to Tee about recruiting rankings. College and High School Coaches actually pay the evaluators at these sites for a higher ranking of the recruit. It makes the college coaches look like they're doing their job right, and it helps "handlers" shop kids. I always thought it was driven by certain fan bases buying more memberships. It's apparently different lipstick on the same pig. Half of it is bs. Just look at the idiots that do it for a living, and don't have the look of someone that ever played a snap of football.

Excuse me a 43 spot DROP for Brooks and 64 spot DROP for Willis? With no camps? How can anyone justify a drop that substantial considering the circumstances?
Same thing, new year. There were camps all last year and people asked how they could re-evaluate just off camps.

I wonder how high some of our commits would have moved up if they chose UGA? I bet Brown would be the number 2 RB in the nation and Lewis would have stayed #1. Sites are a joke. Only go by offers...

Reactions: OG.V83
I commented on this in the football forum a few weeks ago. A buddy of mine recently talked to Tee about recruiting rankings. College and High School Coaches actually pay the evaluators at these sites for a higher ranking of the recruit. It makes the college coaches look like they're doing their job right, and it helps "handlers" shop kids. I always thought it was driven by certain fan bases buying more memberships. It's apparently different lipstick on the same pig. Half of it is bs. Just look at the idiots that do it for a living, and don't have the look of someone that ever played a snap of football.

I'm embarrassed that I've never seriously considered how often this happens. Ugh

Let’s be honest, if Rivals & 247 were a thing back then, Peyton Manning probably would have ended up dropping to a low 4 star due to having limited mobility.

That’s how how stupid these recruiting experts are anymore.

So your argument is that a lot of morons misspell moron? That's a logical fallacy son. They're still wrong and so are you. It's not that big a deal, but there is a fun irony to someone misspelling moron.

Argumentum ad populum - Wikipedia

There's a fun irony in someone missing the joke AFTER it's been explained to him.

What joke? Purposely or sarcastically misspelling a word? I'm sorry but I've missed it. Continue on morans.

So your argument is that a lot of morons misspell moron? That's a logical fallacy son. They're still wrong and so are you. It's not that big a deal, but there is a fun irony to someone misspelling moron.

Argumentum ad populum - Wikipedia
It's kind of like colloquialisms of the recruiting forum. They start out as jokes and before long they're Webster bona fide and verified.
anigif_sub-buzz-20401-1538436848-1.gif

VN Store

Back