247 update down on state of TN in 2021

bluetick2

TheVolsWillRiseAgain!
Updated rankings have only five 4 star prospects in the state of TN, with Pennington as the top overall at 139.

Really down year according to them.

Reactions: RollerVol
Lol at Jaws trying to compare instate recruiting in Fl to TN
Certainly there is no comparison. However, in most years I think we can now build the nucleus of our classes from instate kids. 20 years ago, not so much.

And there is enough talent in a 5 hour radius of knoxville to compare favorably with most anywhere in the country.

Certainly there is no comparison. However, in most years I think we can now build the nucleus of our classes from instate kids. 20 years ago, not so much.

And there is enough talent in a 5 hour radius of knoxville to compare favorably with most anywhere in the country.

5 hour radius? Sounds like my ex's arse.

Happened last year. Grimes...Bryn Tucker...

My theory is 247 is in Nashville and will simply happen to hear about TN kids by chance early on and rank them when hardly anyone is ranked, so they appear higher. Then drop when national kids all start coming in to their view.

Reactions: Jackcrevol
Updated rankings have only five 4 star prospects in the state of TN, with Pennington as the top overall at 139.

Really down year according to them.

It will change.
The staff isn't high on the In-State group this year, but come Feb 2021, I'd bet you 8 TN boys sign with the Vols and 6 of them will be 4 stars.

Reactions: VolsVFL

The only problem there is much of that 5 hour radius to Knoxville is also within the same radius as UGA, Clemson and Bama. Let me explain with a Venn diagram. Sorry. Flashbacks to high school.

It’s a light year in state. Look for us to go hard in the paint in the Carolina’s and Georgia.
Seems like this staff is trying to get more involved in the Mid Atlantic and North East also. I think that having Osovet on the road will help us get more into DMV, Pennsylvania, and NJ. I think it makes sense because we can sell the closest school in the best conference.

Reactions: Jack Burton
FWIW, 247's composite rankings list 11 4-star prospects in TN with Pennington just 7th; looks like he's dragged down by Rivals' ranking of him as the 10th-best instate prospect. And while 247's composite ranks only 4 Tennessee guys in the top 200, another 12 are ranked in the top 500 so it looks like there are quite a few 3-stars who could easily reach 4-star status.

Reactions: Carp
Rankings are odd as when you click on certain players they actually have higher star rankings than what shows on the state list. Must be composite versus Top247.

As of now, 4 stars in the correct order are as follows:

Briningstool (highest recruit at #76 nationally and committed to Clemson)
Turrentine
Sutton
Colson
Wolfe
Barnes
Pennington
Josey
Nelson
Curry
Mitchell

That is 11 4 star players. Figure we probably pull at least 3 or 4 of them.

Rankings are odd as when you click on certain players they actually have higher star rankings than what shows on the state list. Must be composite versus Top247.

Turrentine
Sutton
Colson
Wolfe
Barnes
Pennington
Josey
Nelson
Curry
Mitchell

I just bumped Briningstool

We will have about 10-12 4star players before the football season starts. Camp season is just around the corner.

Turrentine
Sutton
Colson
Wolfe
Barnes
Pennington
Josey
Nelson
Curry
Mitchell

Likely. 11 composite blue chips. Only 5 by 247, but about 4 more are right on the edge.

The only problem there is much of that 5 hour radius to Knoxville is also within the same radius as UGA, Clemson and Bama. Let me explain with a Venn diagram. Sorry. Flashbacks to high school.
No doubt....its dog eat dog. But if you aint in the south you aint got a chance.

We just gotta keep raising our game.

Reactions: jkleno

VN Store

Back