24 Free Throw Attempts….

Hate to blame the refs, but when you can not look at a Kentucky player, much less touch one while rebounding all the time they push/shoulder you in the back on every rebound and no call, well fans are going to blame the officiating. Funny how after Cal called every ref on the floor over and stayed in their ear duing a time out that all of the sudden the calls went Kentucky's way. I have witnesses that heard me say, "Cal just slid a fiddy in the refs pockets, watch what is getting ready to happen" just kidding, but then pow, I must be a prophet lol. Loved the traveling call that Cal called beside the ref before the ref called it. Amazing how he can remain on the floor during play without even a warning. Coaches need to set up a play like a sweep and take him out. NOt only would he get knocked out, but surely a tech. I guess you can tell by now I am not happy with the outcome, but the calls did have a larger impact than a lot are saying. Yes, missed shots were awful, but call it both ways, different outcome. Still a long season ahead. Learn from this one and go forward.

Reactions: VOLinPD
I don’t doubt that…but do you show up when you lose?

I used to make an thread every year after lost in football and I used to spend an unhealthy amount of time defending the basketball program and Calipari. So yes I've definitely been here during a lot of bad times for UK.

I used to make an thread every year after lost in football and I used to spend an unhealthy amount of time defending the basketball program and Calipari. So yes I've definitely been here during a lot of bad times for UK.

Out of curiosity, which of these did you think was the worst:

Vols 44 KY 6 in football
Bama 78 KY 52
Losing to South Carolina at Rupp

Just curious about the KY fan perspective on this

Reactions: TheMookieMonster

It seems like you’ve figured it out…it makes no sense to spend any time at all on an opposing teams message board…the only time it’s pleasant for you to be here is when you win…which explains your recent extended absence

Reactions: cardvolfan
Shooting 14% from 3 and getting out rebounded by 20 usually results in a loss. Thought the whistles favored our style of play especially when they didn't call Uros for pancaking the sheib. We simply got out played at home. Happens in a rivalry. We'll probably return the favor later on.

“Whistles favored our style of play”??????

You watched a different game then I did. The momentum of this game changed at 8-0 due to whistles.

They controlled the boards in part because of the pushes and over the backs and UT played by the rule book and not whistle.

Reactions: VOLinPD
Was definitely physical. Had to laugh when Oscar was called for the foul on Vescovi while holding him down and Bilas whined about the foul being called on Oscar. Billas,, bless his heart....

Wasn’t a foul. Bilas told me so even if the camera was lying.

It seems like you’ve figured it out…it makes no sense to spend any time at all on an opposing teams message board…the only time it’s pleasant for you to be here is when you win…which explains your recent extended absence

My absences have mainly been caused by my job and 11 month old

Did the refs miss wide open layups?

Oh, please. I worked the Lexington market for over 20 years and you have NEVER heard a more arrogant, pathetic and whiny bunch. In their alleged minds, Kentucky has NEVER legitimately lost a basketball game. It's ALWAYS the refs that cost them the victory. Hell's bells, they're still whining about games that took place a quarter century ago. If you don't believe me listen to KY call-in shows for a while.

I knew UT was toast Saturday as soon as I saw Buzz "The White Wade" Peterson in the stands.

Last edited:
Reactions: sami
Oh, please. I worked the Lexington market for over 20 years and you have NEVER heard a more arrogant, pathetic and whiny bunch. In their alleged minds, Kentucky has NEVER legitimately lost a basketball game. It's ALWAYS the refs that cost them the victory. Hell's bells, they're still whining about games that took place a quarter century ago. If you don't believe me listen to KY call-in shows for a while.

I knew UT was toast Saturday as soon as I saw Buzz "The White Wade" Peterson in the stands.

I think most fan bases are like that. I've never seen a game thread without ref complaints. I work with a UGA fan who swears to me his team never gets calls. One of my best friends is a Duke fan who says the same thing.

Literally every passionate fanbase will have biases for them team

VN Store

Back