'22 TX CG Cason Wallace

It’s a shame Barnes couldn’t even make a final four with Kevin Durant. But please keep telling me how Cal winning a title with his generational player makes him worse than Barnes (who couldn’t win with his).
Barnes has had nowhere near the talent Cal has had season after season

Yup…even his October date was prior to Wallace but this date will be before his OV to Knoxville this weekend. Again I doubt that it means too much as Cal has taken 5-6 highly ranked guys before, but it’s definitely something that Tennessee can try and pitch.
With Livingston officially committed to Kentucky and they already have Clark and Sharpe, we should be able to sell the pitch of that they already have people committed in his spot. Unless he really wants to play point guard which we already have Edwards, is he wanting to play point guard or shooting guard in college that you know of?

Reactions: Cosmo Kramer
With Livingston officially committed to Kentucky and they already have Clark and Sharpe, we should be able to sell the pitch of that they already have people committed in his spot. Unless he really wants to play point guard which we already have Edwards, is he wanting to play point guard or shooting guard in college that you know of?
Yes, I’ve mentioned before that I’m sure Tennessee is pitching depth chart to him, maybe it doesn’t matter but I’m sure it’s being mentioned. As for what he wants to play in college, I think he’s fine with playing off the ball but probably would like the opportunity to have the ball in his hands and create some to. I don’t think Edwards is a shoe in to walk in here and start Day 1 at PG, he’s not Kennedy Chandler…I think he will be a very good player here but I don’t think he’s necessarily Day 1 starter at PG.

I’m feeling a lot better about this recruitment now that we’ve made it to his 2nd Official Visit to Tennessee and he didn’t commit right after the allure and shine of UK impressed him. Not saying he will come here, but I’m feeling much more confident in our chances the further we get away from that visit in August.

I’m feeling a lot better about this recruitment now that we’ve made it to his 2nd Official Visit to Tennessee and he didn’t commit right after the allure and shine of UK impressed him. Not saying he will come here, but I’m feeling much more confident in our chances the further we get away from that visit in August.
I definitely don’t buy the “he’s a silent to UK” or “he’s a lock to UK” talk we have seen…he and his family have too much respect for Clark than to waste his and Tennessee’s time by coming back for an OV, especially after he’s already been here…again like you said we may not ultimately land him, but I definitely think we are in it still and have a legitimate chance.

I think Wallace and his family are pragmatic. I think he ends up at Tennessee unless they buy the Calipari narrative. If they look at history, they will see Calipari for what he is.

what’s this mean @cncchris33

What I hope it means is that they were trying to get him to shut it down and cancel the Tennessee visit. And it would be nice to know if that was Cal's home visit, or just a visit to the school, which he can do as much as he wants (IIRC). I presume it was a school visit. If Wallace follows thru with the official visit, this weekend, I suspect we still have a puncher's chance. If he doesn't, we're done.

What I hope it means is that they were trying to get him to shut it down and cancel the Tennessee visit. And it would be nice to know if that was Cal's home visit, or just a visit to the school, which he can do as much as he wants (IIRC). I presume it was a school visit. If Wallace follows thru with the official visit, this weekend, I suspect we still have a puncher's chance. If he doesn't, we're done.

60/40 UK, right now. Like I said previously, if he visits, we are pulling out all the stops. Straight from Edwards, played golf with him and my little brother this past weekend.

He said we were getting Mitchell when it seemed like we led for him. Recruiting changes daily. You don’t have to be a douche about it
I’m not being, my point was simply that maybe BJ wasn’t necessarily getting/giving the best info, it wasn’t a knock on the OP at all.

He said we were getting Mitchell when it seemed like we led for him. Recruiting changes daily. You don’t have to be a douche about it

He should’ve looked at the post after mine basically saying the same thing. I should stay quiet from now on, no big deal tho! I’m no inside, I just get information from my brother who is really close with BJ and Tommy. Nolen came over to my brothers house the other I was told. Oh well.

Reactions: Maxwell865
Nice. I'm wrong, I'm wrong, oh well.

All I'm saying was, I said Vol, and had a lot of post after backing it up. Hey, like ATL and others say, "things change" and clearly I wasn't aware. I just relay what I'm told, when I'm told
No worries man, and it definitely does change…was just saying that maybe Edwards info wasn’t the greatest. I hope like hell he’s right about Wallace and we can pull him, would love to land him, watching UK reaction would almost be as much fun as watching him in orange.

VN Store

Back