'22 TN PG Brian Edwards Jr. (BJ Edwards) (Tennessee commit)

Is there any explanation as to his drop in the rankings? The folks on this forum who’ve seen him in action against other highly ranked guys seem to think very highly of him?

Is there any explanation as to his drop in the rankings? The folks on this forum who’ve seen him in action against other highly ranked guys seem to think very highly of him?

No reason at all. Seen him in action and the kid is electric with the ball in his hands. Can drive left or right, has strong upper body control when driving the lane, absorbs contact and is able to finish around the rim. Speed is up there as well but with the speed he is able to stay in control. He has a great mind for the game and vision on the court is as good as you will see on the court. IMO seeing him play no reason he should not be soaring in the rankings. Will be a good addition to start off the 22 class for sure.

He just keeps proving everywhere he goes that he is one of the best. Will be highly disappointed if he doesn’t end up a top 10 PG in this class.

Reactions: ArdentVol
Pangos All-American Camp: Top storylines, notes on class of 2022

BJ Edwards, PG- Pangos was my first chance to see Edwards in person in some time and as a guy currently ranked No. 81 in 2022, he’d be a heck of a value because he’s a potential mult-year starter at a high major. He has great feel for the game, can get downhill and has good size for a guard. He’s also a proven winner. Tennessee appears to be the pretty big favorite here.

Ernest Udeh and Yohan Traore getting a nice little shout out in that same article. Once again, it seems like Tennessee was way out in front on identifying those guys.

They’ve don’t a great job doing early work on this 2022 class, wouldn’t be surprised at all if it’s another Top 5 class nationally.

They’ve don’t a great job doing early work on this 2022 class, wouldn’t be surprised at all if it’s another Top 5 class nationally.
The downside to these top 5 classes is you have to keep doing it almost every year since those caliber recruits leave early

The downside to these top 5 classes is you have to keep doing it almost every year since those caliber recruits leave early
Aidoo, Mashack, Diboundje aren’t one and done unless something unexpected happens…taking 1-2 of those one and dones and 3-4 of the multi year guys is a nice mix.

Aidoo, Mashack, Diboundje aren’t one and done unless something unexpected happens…taking 1-2 of those one and dones and 3-4 of the multi year guys is a nice mix.
Don’t disagree, but it’s not a top 5 class without Chandler and BHH. It appears a top 5 class will always have 1 or more 1&done guys until the rules change.

Everybody keeps sleeping on the 🦒, I hope he isn't one and done, but it's not impossible, especially considering he seems to be a late bloomer and he is a 7 footer or damn close

Reactions: walkenvol
No, you sign 5 highly rated 4 stars and you’re there
It isn’t impossible, but it isn’t very realistic either. Way too many factors involved. Identifying 5 high 4 stars a year or two in advance of signing….not having any blow up to 5 stars during their last 2 years in high school or dropping to mid 4 stars etc. I mean it’s possible I suppose but a coach would be crazy to consider that as their strategy….

It isn’t impossible, but it isn’t very realistic either. Way too many factors involved. Identifying 5 high 4 stars a year or two in advance of signing….not having any blow up to 5 stars during their last 2 years in high school or dropping to mid 4 stars etc. I mean it’s possible I suppose but a coach would be crazy to consider that as their strategy….
I’m not saying that’s a dead set strategy, but it’s pretty easy to find guys you think are going to be really good but likely not one and done…maybe they get bumped to that low end 5 star range but a lot of those guys aren’t one and done.

VN Store

Back