'22 TN PG Brian Edwards Jr. (BJ Edwards) (Tennessee commit)

I’ll be honest. I wasn’t in love with Edwards at first (a year ago). Seemed like a solid player, but not an immediate high-level contributor, necessarily.

I’m not necessarily sure I was wrong, at that point, either. But the good news is that he has clearly taken strides. That kid I saw play last week wasn’t the same kid I watched play last spring. And the kid I saw last week is a top-50 player, IMO. I’d be interested how his weekend went in the Rocky Top Invitational.

BJ and Brandon Miller seem to be close. If Barnes & Co. can get BJ in by this summer, we got a real good shot with Miller.

I’ll be honest. I wasn’t in love with Edwards at first (a year ago). Seemed like a solid player, but not an immediate high-level contributor, necessarily.

I’m not necessarily sure I was wrong, at that point, either. But the good news is that he has clearly taken strides. That kid I saw play last week wasn’t the same kid I watched play last spring. And the kid I saw last week is a top-50 player, IMO. I’d be interested how his weekend went in the Rocky Top Invitational.
I was kind of the same way. I wonder if he is a player that plays up to the level of competition. Thats what it looked like to me in the game last week. Big time competition brought out the best in him and he showed he is elite.

Reactions: cncchris33

Part of that may have to do with how Knoxville Catholic plays. Don't they play a little slower paced ball? I swear I saw someone post that about them on this board somewhere (may even have been you, Chris lol).

Part of that may have to do with how Knoxville Catholic plays. Don't they play a little slower paced ball? I swear I saw someone post that about them on this board somewhere (may even have been you, Chris lol).
Wasn't me, but I do remember it (BTO, I think). And I'm not sure if that's it, or not. Maybe a case of just going thru the motions vs inferior competition, at times. Certainly not the case, last week.

I'm thinking that's a joke, get G League money, so he doesn't have to eat Cook-Out. But, what do I know ? I'm 50, he's 17, so I'm probably way off

Reactions: AngryButchJones
Fanbo Zeng, a former Gonzaga commit and 4*, #75 player in the country has decided to go to the G-League Ignite team.
I saw that he left bc the assistant coach that was recruiting him left Gonzaga. Hopefully Kennedy Chandler balls out and shows that college is the way to go.

I was kind of the same way. I wonder if he is a player that plays up to the level of competition. Thats what it looked like to me in the game last week. Big time competition brought out the best in him and he showed he is elite.
Seems Grant Williams was like that in high school too. Different positions I know but just a gamer when the lights are brightest

VN Store

Back