'22 TN PG Brian Edwards Jr. (BJ Edwards) (Tennessee commit)

According to Edwards 247 timeline UGA just offered him on Jan 26. Seems late to the party.

Just finished watching Edwards play against a pretty good Bearden team. Kid looks like he could play us right now, imo.

Reactions: berryvol
No one had as strong of a day on Saturday as Tennessee native BJ Edwards. The 6-foot-1, 170-pound point guard out of Knoxville (Tenn.) Catholic did it all from defending, facilitating, playmaking and scoring for his team.

Edwards possesses a terrific feel and IQ for the game. He stayed under control, took care of the ball and made excellent decisions in both games. His impact extended beyond that on the offensive end as he also finished well through contact and connected on multiple jumpers from behind the arc, including the game-winning buzzer-beater on Saturday night.

Edwards is currently the No. 87 overall prospect in the 2022 247Sports Top150.

Saturday recap of the Tip-Off Classic

Rob said he and the other rivals guys feel he’s way underranked, sounds like a nice bump is likely upcoming.

He's a 5-Star talent, IMO. Not that it matters much. He could be ranked 150, but his highlight tape tells me all I need to know. Will be a nice replacement for Chandler, and we likely won't even miss a beat. He's that good. Can't wait for him to wear the Orange.

He's a 5-Star talent, IMO. Not that it matters much. He could be ranked 150, but his highlight tape tells me all I need to know. Will be a nice replacement for Chandler, and we likely won't even miss a beat. He's that good. Can't wait for him to wear the Orange.
I think he’s Top 50, not sure I see him as #1 PG Top 10 nationally good, but he’s up there.

Rob said he and the other rivals guys feel he’s way underranked, sounds like a nice bump is likely upcoming.
Which is odd because he recently fell 27 spots in their last update, and is down to #88. There aren’t 87 better players in that class than the guy I watched last night. I’d bet my house on it.

Which is odd because he recently fell 27 spots in their last update, and is down to #88. There aren’t 87 better players in that class than the guy I watched last night. I’d bet my house on it.
I know AAU didn’t happen last year so I’m guessing it was just him not getting much exposure and Catholic not playing a schedule like a prep team does...they also play a slower style and their games are lower scoring so his points don’t jump off the page for HS ranks.

I know AAU didn’t happen last year so I’m guessing it was just him not getting much exposure and Catholic not playing a schedule like a prep team does...they also play a slower style and their games are lower scoring so his points don’t jump off the page for HS ranks.

I wish points didn’t matter that much in HS, especially from a PG. Like @cncchris33 said, the kid I watched last night took command of the floor, scored, he did everything right. Definitely deserves a top 50 ranking.

VN Store

Back