'22 TN C Felix Okpara

Best rim protector in a very long time. Still kinda raw, but I would not be surprised if he ends up a low 5 star tbh

Why. He is raw but has a ton of potential and is already a great rim protector.

Tennessee had been recruiting him for a long time, his reciprocation has never been quite that strong, as evidenced by him taking OV’s to Ohio State and Ole Miss while not making the 1 hour trip from Chattanooga to come see Rocky Top. The staff is done with what seemingly is a waste of time as for whatever the reason is it doesn’t seem he wants to play at Tennessee.

We have plenty of other options and kids wanting to come for Tennessee, not an issue.

Tennessee had been recruiting him for a long time, his reciprocation has never been quite that strong, as evidenced by him taking OV’s to Ohio State and Ole Miss while not making the 1 hour trip from Chattanooga to come see Rocky Top. The staff is done with what seemingly is a waste of time as for whatever the reason is it doesn’t seem he wants to play at Tennessee.

We have plenty of other options and kids wanting to come for Tennessee, not an issue.
I know we have other guys we can land. Outside of his play, I just have met him before and know people around him and thought it would be cool to know a guy on the team. He took an unofficial to UT I'm pretty sure when Hamilton Heights had a camp/tourney in Knoxville this summer, but I could be wrong

I know we have other guys we can land. Outside of his play, I just have met him before and know people around him and thought it would be cool to know a guy on the team. He took an unofficial to UT I'm pretty sure when Hamilton Heights had a camp/tourney in Knoxville this summer, but I could be wrong
HHCA did come up for team camp. As BTO said, the interest from Okpara just doesn't seem to be as strong as it is with some other kids like Traore and Udeh, both of whom are trending upward while Okpara has seen his stock slip a bit. Just seems like time better spent with those two kids, among a couple others, than time wasted on a kid who doesn't seem to have a great deal of interest. Interestingly, despite the proximity,, we haven't gotten much traction with any kids from HHCA, historically.

It would seem like UT basketball under Barnes and Hamilton Heights with their focus on faith based education and development and incredible high school basketball program would be a perfect match. For whatever reason it doesn't seem like the relationship is really there. Especially compared to the Bobby Maze program where we seem to be taking marginal prospects in order to keep in better position to land the higher rated guys later.

It would seem like UT basketball under Barnes and Hamilton Heights with their focus on faith based education and development and incredible high school basketball program would be a perfect match. For whatever reason it doesn't seem like the relationship is really there. Especially compared to the Bobby Maze program where we seem to be taking marginal prospects in order to keep in better position to land the higher rated guys later.
Yea, something is off and idk what…we got Plavsic but that was after a transfer, straight out of HHCA we haven’t gotten anyone. It’s also worth mentioning that none of the guys who plays at HHCA play for BMaze’s AAU squad, so not sure if it’s connected to that or what.

We don't necessarily need Okpara but I'd like to have a true rim protector that strikes fear in the opposing player putting it up in the lane like an ace or closer on the mound.
That was a while ago. Haven't watched since. Still think he is already an elite rim protector tho

VN Store

Back