'22 SC SF Julian Phillips (Tennessee commit)

Up next, Bruce Pearl is gonna join Nick Saban in complaining about collectives, lol.

I love the irony of coaches who have always bought players complaining about players being bought. They hate that everyone can do it now.

We should prepare for one final shot from the NCAA. Most schools are pointing at our collective and saying “That’s not fair, do something”. I hope Danny White is ready to stand up for us.

Funny story they’re sharing in the AD: Throughout the process, Barnes has been telling Phillips and family to pray on the decision, and they’d get the answer. Yesterday morning Barnes texted Phillips to ask if he had anything to share about his decision, and Phillips told him to pray on it and he’d get the answer. I now feel like Paul Harvey. Gotta like Phillips matching Barnes on the humor front.

Funny story they’re sharing in the AD: Throughout the process, Barnes has been telling Phillips and family to pray on the decision, and they’d get the answer. Yesterday morning Barnes texted Phillips to ask if he had anything to share about his decision, and Phillips told him to pray on it and he’d get the answer. I now feel like Paul Harvey. Gotta like Phillips matching Barnes on the humor front.
I would've rioted if he went to Auburn after saying that lol

View attachment 454939
This is the kind of ignorance that Auburn fans have. It’s crazy
Auburn has only had 4 draft picks under Pearl (not going to include Mitchell). Will be 6 this year with Smith and Kessler. Rick has had 5 and will be 6 this year with KC. Both Coaches should have 4 first rounders after this year.

Auburn has only had 4 draft picks under Pearl (not going to include Mitchell). Will be 6 this year with Smith and Kessler. Rick has had 5 and will be 6 this year with KC. Both Coaches should have 4 first rounders after this year.
Barnes has put nearly 30 dudes in the league compared to Pearls 7 (including Jabari/ Kessler). Barnes has coached for only 4 more years than Pearl. It’s not even close

Schools don’t develop talent. Coaches do. Barnes has consistently developed players who get drafted throughout his career. Pearl has not.
Still not really sure what that has to do with what I said. I felt like it was pretty clear that Barnes has done a better job at it, I was responding to the tweet that said auburn had developed 6 one and dones over the last few years and Barnes has zero, which was completely wrong.

Schools don’t develop talent. Coaches do. Barnes has consistently developed players who get drafted throughout his career. Pearl has not.

Pearl has taken players with NBA talent and not developed them. Scotty Hopson and even Tyler Smith when he transfered to UT are two that stick out. I believe it is because he focuses on their strengths rather than improving weaknesses. Even Tobias didn't get going til his second team after a few years in the league.
Personally, I hope Jabari Smith struggles to the point that commentators talk about his potential, but how he just isn't ready. His final year of his rookie year, he can have a "breakout season" but only after being developed by the NBA.

VN Store

Back