'22 SC SF Julian Phillips (Tennessee commit)

Apparently there is a video of a former Auburn player singing "about that time" before a game or something. I saw it on twitter and Auburn fans are spamming his social media with it. Don't know if it's actually a reference he is intending to make or not.

I think it is one of their hype videos that is played before every home game. Auburn fans are going to be crushed if he picks elsewhere. They are all on social media gloating like he's an Auburn lock.

Reactions: TheMookieMonster
I think it is one of their hype videos that is played before every home game. Auburn fans are going to be crushed if he picks elsewhere. They are all on social media gloating like he's an Auburn lock.
They've been like this for several years now. Since their Final 4. They aren't stopping.

Sure they’ve been getting paid. But it’s not close to what it was. Explain Nigel Pack and the $800,000 for two years. Or the deal that USC supposedly offered the Pitt WR. Rumored to be a couple of million and a house. No, this is an entirely new world.
It’s come a long way from the “booster handshakes” of the 1970’s. Things went on, but not nearly on the level we are seeing now.

Reactions: CBVols
He’s not going to Auburn. He might have that phrase in his head because he just spent a weekend there or an Auburn leaning person might have made that graphic for him.

Reactions: Lankykong
You should always fear snake oil salesman like Pearl.

The point is, he gets wayyyy too much attention in this forum more than he deserves.

He’s not the best coach in the country, hell not even in the SEC. His offense is simple and not that complicated.

He’s a crook. That’s all he is.

Phillips may very well go to Auburn but it’s dumb to base that off a reference from some Auburn fan.

The point is, he gets wayyyy too much attention in this forum more than he deserves.

He’s not the best coach in the country, hell not even in the SEC. His offense is simple and not that complicated.

Phillips may very well go to Auburn but it’s dumb to base that off a reference from some Auburn fan.

I’m not basing it off anything. I honestly have no idea where he goes. I just simply said I have a bad feeling this might not go our way, which has kind of been the stance for awhile now. Still trying to remain hopeful though.

Reactions: VolFreakJosh
I think the staff pretty tight-lipped right now given the roller coaster ride of the last few weeks. Again, they talked to him and family for two hours last night answering every possible question about development, school, etc. It went “as well as it could possibly go” according to my friend, and when I asked if the coaches felt better or worse about it than a week ago, he said “much better”. I think his parents are worn out on the bs of handlers and genuinely trust Barnes. Anything can happen, but we’re in a good spot.

I think the staff pretty tight-lipped right now given the roller coaster ride of the last few weeks. Again, they talked to him and family for two hours last night answering every possible question about development, school, etc. It went “as well as it could possibly go” according to my friend, and when I asked if the coaches felt better or worse about it than a week ago, he said “much better”. I think his parents are worn out on the bs of handlers and genuinely trust Barnes. Anything can happen, but we’re in a good spot.

Pearl is a good coach but a slime ball. Even with as much success as he had here no TN Fan can dispute this

I knew I should have asked Coach Barnes about giving us some code words. He was tied up from 5-7:30 central, so that’s impressive.

Well, I guess we just have to hope the family really does what to end the circus and send their son to arguably the most stable situation of any of the programs. I have a feeling thought that delaying the commitment for 8 days is to give Auburn time to match the NIL deal, otherwise I wonder why not just commit this week.

Well, I guess we just have to hope the family really does what to end the circus and send their son to arguably the most stable situation of any of the programs. I have a feeling thought that delaying the commitment for 8 days is to give Auburn time to match the NIL deal, otherwise I wonder why not just commit this week.
That’s the problem with Auburn they say they can match the deal its just not in writing like ours is, so it could be complete BS from Pearl from what the rumor is. Our deal is guaranteed while there’s is hopes and promises…

And some folks have been saying, “Oh it’s business as usual. Nothing to see here.” Please. This is anything but “business as usual”. We are going to see all sorts of sleaze and crazy scenarios. But it’s OK because it’s “out in the open now”. Break out the popcorn boys. This is going to be fun to watch.

So it was better when we didn’t see the sleaze? Okay.

Bruce and Lane both get a lot of “air time” from Volnation.

VN Store

Back