'22 SC SF Julian Phillips (Tennessee commit)

Umude is a decent loss as well. Jaylin Williams is testing the waters and could leave but that would be a bit of a surprise.

I think it would be a mistake for Williams to leave. Are y'all going to get that kid from Arkansas State as well?

I am on a business trip with a Missouri grad right now. He sure hates you guys.

A guy like Toshibwe or Kesselr and were a legit final 4 team rite now...Tell me im lying?We had a hell of a run but took a little bit to get going.Man imagine chandler comes back everyone gets healthy?They could be just as good/better.Who knows futures bright qnd tuff but fudge it LegGo

Idk why but this article doesn’t fill me with confidence about landing him. With teams like Auburn and Gonzaga in the mix. He specifically points out Jabari smith on Auburn, so that’s a big deal to him. Also, if playing a lot as a freshman is that big of a deal to him then I don’t know if he will choose us either. I mean he will basically be in Josiah’s position and he won’t start over him. It’ll be tough to land him IMO, but I’m still holding out hope. Odds are, IMO, that we get 2 transfers. Hopefully high impact guys who will enhance our squad.

Idk why but this article doesn’t fill me with confidence about landing him. With teams like Auburn and Gonzaga in the mix. He specifically points out Jabari smith on Auburn, so that’s a big deal to him. Also, if playing a lot as a freshman is that big of a deal to him then I don’t know if he will choose us either. I mean he will basically be in Josiah’s position and he won’t start over him. It’ll be tough to land him IMO, but I’m still holding out hope. Odds are, IMO, that we get 2 transfers. Hopefully high impact guys who will enhance our squad.

If he does come here. He’s going to play a lot. Especially with his skill set. Even being behind JJJ and possibly BHH. There’s a lot of minutes to be had.

I think it would be a mistake for Williams to leave. Are y'all going to get that kid from Arkansas State as well?

I am on a business trip with a Missouri grad right now. He sure hates you guys.

We’re going after him and Fardaws Aimaq but a lot is up in the air right now. Rumors Notae could even come back with a large NIL deal but don’t think that happens - could use a veteran guard transfer with him gone to balance out the freshmen if we don’t get Omier. Spots are getting tight.

he would still play a ton here even off the bench. it will suck and be disappointing if he did pick Auburn though.

Reactions: vol94
A guy like Toshibwe or Kesselr and were a legit final 4 team rite now...Tell me im lying?We had a hell of a run but took a little bit to get going.Man imagine chandler comes back everyone gets healthy?They could be just as good/better.Who knows futures bright qnd tuff but fudge it LegGo

We didn’t lose because if a lack of inside points.

We lost because we had the worst 3PT shooting outing of our entire season

We lost because Michigan fought for 2 offensive putbacks and made a no look hook shot and got a block vs charge call

The Vols owned Toshibwe or Kesselr. Took them both outside the arc and isolated them. Ah geeze, just like Hunter Dickinson did.

We beat Michigan 8/10 times. We just went cold.

We were tooled to win it all. Couldn’t hit OPEN shots.

he would still play a ton here even off the bench. it will suck and be disappointing if he did pick Auburn though.

Depends on the kid really

Auburn is selling “we need a feature star, like Jabari”

Tennessee is selling “we have a great team that you could help turn into champions”

Auburn is building individuals. Tennessee is building team.

Just accept what it is. We won’t get all the talent. Let’s just get a few.

Evidence for my argument: Jabari Smith smiling after his last game. Kennedy Chandler distraught.

Tennessee is selling “we have a great team that you could help turn into champions”

Evidence for my argument: Jabari Smith smiling after his last game. Kennedy Chandler distraught.
I think your last statement is so important. You want to see evidence of what it looks like when a school sets a certain type of culture with accountability to that culture. Personally, I love that!

Reactions: Volflyfisher

Your last point....really important point. Nice catch.

Reactions: Volflyfisher

Im just glad Auburn didnt make a final four. Personally of course i dont know JS but he played like a punk most of the season. He definitely has that NBA mentality. ME ME ME

While I agree about Auburn not making a FF the rest of this comment is a terrible take.
So your saying the way he acted in Knoxville is acceptable? It may be a bad take. But i saw several times where he needed to act more mature where he seemed to pout a lot.

We didn’t lose because if a lack of inside points.

We lost because we had the worst 3PT shooting outing of our entire season

We lost because Michigan fought for 2 offensive putbacks and made a no look hook shot and got a block vs charge call

The Vols owned Toshibwe or Kesselr. Took them both outside the arc and isolated them. Ah geeze, just like Hunter Dickinson did.

We beat Michigan 8/10 times. We just went cold.

We were tooled to win it all. Couldn’t hit OPEN shots.
We went cold because we weren’t getting good looks. A consistent scorer down low would open it up and relieve some of the pressure to hit from deep.

Watch a replay of the Tennessee game. He ran his mouth the whole game. But its just my opinion. You all have yours. Agree ir disagree i didnt care for him.
That’s not necessarily being a punk. Admiral talked a lot too. Wouldn’t call him a punk. Trash talk is just a huge part of basketball. Football too, you just can’t see it as easy.

That’s not necessarily being a punk. Admiral talked a lot too. Wouldn’t call him a punk. Trash talk is just a huge part of basketball. Football too, you just can’t see it as easy.
He was being a punk trying to dominate ZZ
He looked small

Reactions: volfaninky
He is just as bad.

Walker Kessler announced he's entering the draft and looking to hire an agent. Auburn may now look more appealing to Phillips now. They have one SF in Devan Cambridge who is transferring to Arizona State and two in Smith and Kessler going in the 1st round of the NBA draft. Hopefully we still have a chance and he wants to be a Vol.

Reactions: cwbytruckers

VN Store

Back