21/22 Line-up Options

Thanks for the summary. I’d definitely disagree with Suarez as 2G option against anyone. She really has a lot of improving to do in terms of ability to move to even think about SF. I suppose you listed her there due to the handful of occasions she made 3s. I’d rather see that from a stretch 4 role though rebounding would be a challenge.

No I listed her there because she actually does have a good handle. Just needs to time when to use it better and trim up some.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
No I listed her there because she actually does have a good handle. Just needs to time when to use it better and trim up some.

She likes to handle. But it is high, often gets her in trouble and her speed limitation negates any benefit of her rebound and go on the dribble approach. I’d agree with Rickster with her t the stretch four backup.

I don't think our 4 will be a traditional power forward. I believe our 4 will be a hybrid capable of generating offense outside of the lane. Suarez, Striplin and Dye all fill that role. Green may also by next season.

I also think she lives by the mindset, "If it aint broke, don't try to fix it." If you can't defend me when I attack or shoot 15 to 18 feet, why would I help you defend me by taking 3pt shots that I don't have to. And this isn't directed at your comment, just the frequent complaint that Dye can't shoot the 3. We honestly wouldn't know because she doesn't take them and hasn't had to and she still puts points on the board.

50% from two (Dye) is equivalent of 33% from three. Only two returning players (Darby and RB) were 33% or better from three (and Darby had small total of shots). I realize it isn't the same as actually shooting the threes, because that stretches and stresses defenses, but we still have to get the points somehow.

Those who point out our weakness is the three ball, however, are correct. We have to keep defenses honest by making the three a realistic threat. I don't think it's realistic to expect shooters who have not shown a talent for hitting threes to suddenly start hitting them at 35%. I'm thinking of Horston and Walker there. Darby is a possibility for better three production. Marta is a possibility, too, as she shot almost 30% last year. I'm hoping that Puckett and Wynn can bring some 3 shooting with them. Don't know enough about Miles to opine. Hopefully, we can find a 3 ball shooter in the portal.

50% from two (Dye) is equivalent of 33% from three. Only two returning players (Darby and RB) were 33% or better from three (and Darby had small total of shots). I realize it isn't the same as actually shooting the threes, because that stretches and stresses defenses, but we still have to get the points somehow.

Those who point out our weakness is the three ball, however, are correct. We have to keep defenses honest by making the three a realistic threat. I don't think it's realistic to expect shooters who have not shown a talent for hitting threes to suddenly start hitting them at 35%. I'm thinking of Horston and Walker there. Darby is a possibility for better three production. Marta is a possibility, too, as she shot almost 30% last year. I'm hoping that Puckett and Wynn can bring some 3 shooting with them. Don't know enough about Miles to opine. Hopefully, we can find a 3 ball shooter in the portal.

Puckett is a definite threat

I don't think our 4 will be a traditional power forward. I believe our 4 will be a hybrid capable of generating offense outside of the lane. Suarez, Striplin and Dye all fill that role. Green may also by next season.

I see a double wing attack in our future....
Can't sit all these scorers on the pine.....Multiple offensive options are the keys to victory.
Paint-touch-1-fixed.png

If the defense spreads out to cover the numerous 3 point bombers, Miles can crash the lane for an easy 2, or kick out to either wing for a crowd pleasing 3....

So many options!!!!!

VN Store

Back