2024 WNBA Discussion Thread

I know I'm not alone in being tired of players -- in both college and pro basketball -- constantly carping to the officials about calls. Somebody is throwing their hands up and twisting their face in disbelief way too often anymore if they don't hear a whistle. The constant whiny displays are my least favorite part of being a basketball fan these days. That's NOT to suggest that there's not occasionally non-calls so egregious and costly that a tall glass of whine is justified, but come on. Way too much.

So tired of watching Alyssa Thomas shotput the ball out there. She’s another player that’s been in the league a long time that needs to see her way out.

Last couple seasons her passing, shooting and rebounding stats are all down due to her ongoing shoulder problems.

Which is interesting considering her ONLY move is to drive full steam into her defender with her shoulder. No wonder they are shot.

She’s done her part and had her time but she’s well beyond her best playing days.

Aged like hot milk lol

Rough first game for CC. After a huge build up. All rookies are going to struggle at times.

Clark seems at a huge physical disadvantage. She is so skinny.

Couldn't agree more about the constant ref whining. No one ever listens to them, they're just annoying.
More like a tough matchup with the most physical team in the league

She was ok not great not bad

Most of those turnovers were her teammates being weak

So tired of watching Alyssa Thomas shotput the ball out there. She’s another player that’s been in the league a long time that needs to see her way out.

Last couple seasons her passing, shooting and rebounding stats are all down due to her ongoing shoulder problems.

Which is interesting considering her ONLY move is to drive full steam into her defender with her shoulder. No wonder they are shot.

She’s done her part and had her time but she’s well beyond her best playing days.
This proves that you know nothing about the players in the WNBA. AT was runner-up to MVP voting last year, and actually got more first place votes than anyone, even Stewie. Going into the game last night she had recorded 11 triple- doubles, and I believe the total combined for everybody else was about 28. BTW, she recorded her 12th triple last night. So, you say last year her production went down, but she actually had one of the most iconic seasons in WNBA history. I continue to laugh at all the stuff you write about but know nothing about.

This proves that you know nothing about the players in the WNBA. AT was runner-up to MVP voting last year, and actually got more first place votes than anyone, even Stewie. Going into the game last night she had recorded 11 triple- doubles, and I believe the total combined for everybody else was about 28. BTW, she recorded her 12th triple last night. So, you say last year her production went down, but she actually had one of the most iconic seasons in WNBA history. I continue to laugh at all the stuff you write about but know nothing about.

Thomas sucks ass.

Really nice start to the season for Jordy last night. First off bench, played 22 mins which was actually a tad more than the 5th starter. Total Swiss Army Knife performance for JH, had 8 pts, 7 rebs, 3 assists and 4 steals. Could easily see her starting over Vivians who wasn't nearly as effective.

Mercedes Russell played 13 mins for the Storm, had 7 pts on 3-3 fg shooting and 3 rebs.

Storm overall was disappointing, Jewel Lloyd and Skylar Diggins Smith were a combined 7-32 fm the field and had 7 t.o.s between them.
Nneka had a good game but the new Storm def need some time to play together. Next game for them is Friday at 9:30, again against Collier and the very solid Lynx.

An interesting take, given that she had career highs (or tied) in points, rebounds and assists last season, and finished top 3 in MVP voting. And then followed that with a triple double in the season opener. Not quite the profile of someone "well beyond her best playing days"

I know I'm not alone in being tired of players -- in both college and pro basketball -- constantly carping to the officials about calls. Somebody is throwing their hands up and twisting their face in disbelief way too often anymore if they don't hear a whistle. The constant whiny displays are my least favorite part of being a basketball fan these days. That's NOT to suggest that there's not occasionally non-calls so egregious and costly that a tall glass of whine is justified, but come on. Way too much.
The line for me is when they don't get back on D bc they're busy twisting their face in disbelief. The Sun, a very chippy team anyway, did that a couple of times (Bonner, Thomas) and gave up baskets. Not a close game but still a line as a coach I would not allow to be crossed. At least learn to whine as you retreat on D.

An interesting take, given that she had career highs (or tied) in points, rebounds and assists last season, and finished top 3 in MVP voting. And then followed that with a triple double in the season opener. Not quite the profile of someone "well beyond her best playing days"
My stats would be great too if I was out there playing football while everyone else plays basketball.

Don’t like her game at all.

The line for me is when they don't get back on D bc they're busy twisting their face in disbelief. The Sun, a very chippy team anyway, did that a couple of times (Bonner, Thomas) and gave up baskets. Not a close game but still a line as a coach I would not allow to be crossed. At least learn to whine as you retreat on D.

Those two do a lot of whining and it’s irritating. Especially since Thomas should foul out in the first few minutes of every game.

The touch fouls they called on Indiana all night while the Sun were abusing them was confusing.

Alyssa Thomas opened with a triple double against the Fever last night. Tons of turnovers, yet managed to still get a faborable A/TO. Clark had a double double, but not the good kind. And *as much as I hate to say it* Taurasi still got it, Phoenix did better than they should have against Vegas.

Phoenix did better than they should have against Vegas.
And the Washington Mystics did better against the Liberty than they should have. Sabrina didn't shoot well and Stewie was a total no show but Jones and Laney carried NY.

Some of the young teams are going to be better than predicted. Tonight the Sky and Sparks will try to carry that forward.

I think Angel will do better than her skeptics think in her rookie year due to having the right coach in Teresa Weatherspoon. I read a good article in which talked about the apparent bond between them given their shared background and Angel's stated need for a strong mother figure. She mentioned how she wants to "please" Weatherspoon. While it could be a honeymoon phase, Angel does thrive when she has a strong coach. She needs someone to hold her accountable and I think she knows this even if she doesn't always submit to it.

Diamond w 10 pts in the first half, looks really healthy for the first time in awhile.

Angel having her rookie struggle like CC did last night. ! pt and 1 reb at halftime, 1-6 ft shooting. Matchups not good for her, McCowen is going off for the Wings. I'm sure Angel will pick it up in the second half.

Hope RIckea and Cam can break the first game rookie jinx later tonight.

The W has about half a dozen spots they run during game breaks and they play them over and over every stinking game. Naturally, most focus on CC. They are already getting really, really old.

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back