2024 TRANSFER TRACKER

Tess Heal stock 📈📈📈

I am just not interested in those mid-major players for the most part.

Really only see then work well once or twice. They go from being a big impact to meh at a higher level.

Like Park-Lane she would have gotten way more attention if she just stayed put. She wasn’t cut out for the SEC.

Alexus Dye was one of the more successful mid-majors who moved up and maintained some success.

Kiki Jefferson really didn’t do much for Louisville and she was expected to be a top transfer. A lot of those kids were recruited to the right level the first time and that is where they need to stay.

Well to be frank we have a system of “dribblers” and “non-dribblers”

That’s the easiest way to put it

Hard to really say “positions” she would definitely be more on ball than say Tess
I need to see how we play, that’s the only way we will know how this system works with this roster.

Reactions: VolFuture

Really only see then work well once or twice. They go from being a big impact to meh at a higher level.

Like Park-Lane she would have gotten way more attention if she just stayed put. She wasn’t cut out for the SEC.

Alexus Dye was one of the more successful mid-majors who moved up and maintained some success.

Kiki Jefferson really didn’t do much for Louisville and she was expected to be a top transfer. A lot of those kids were recruited to the right level the first time and that is where they need to stay.
Morrow (DePaul>LSU) thanks you for the kind attention.

Kiki had career shooting percentages at Louisville and was the leading scorer on a much more balanced team than JMU. If anything, chemistry seemed to be the bigger issue for them with all of the newcomers adjusting to new roles.

The UConn player who transferred from Fairfield (?) a few years ago had no issues adapting to the higher level of competition and lit up every SEC school she played against. There's really nothing special there compared to the other schools, other than an alarming number of post players that can't make layups.

Yes, morrow is very talented. Notice she wasn’t an AA though. She took a big step back from her DePaul numbers
But she was still voted first team All-SEC. Other players on less deep teams posting eye-popping numbers was why Aneesah wasn't an All American this year, not that she couldn't adjust to a more competitive conference. She was still one of the very best in the SEC.

Yes, morrow is very talented. Notice she wasn’t an AA though. She took a big step back from her DePaul numbers
1. Overstated your case, badly.
2. Confronted with opposing facts, you moved the goalposts. Winning an argument matters more to some folks than good sportsmanship.
3. Kept digging. This is known to be an ineffective technique for exiting a hole.

1. Overstated your case, badly.
2. Confronted with opposing facts, you moved the goalposts. Winning an argument matters more to some folks than good sportsmanship.
3. Kept digging. This is known to be an ineffective technique for exiting a hole.

Uh sorta lol. I said I’ve only seen it work a few times. Morrow is one of those players.

There isn’t some long list of mid-major players impacting P5 schools.

There isn’t some long list of mid-major players impacting P5 schools.
That's a true statement.

There is a flip side to the coin:
If you were to take the majority of the rosters of the bottom third or bottom half of
P5 conference teams and place them on the better mid-majors—Creighton, Gonzaga for example—those players would not turn into superstars. Many would be bench warmers.
Most of the best talent goes to the top third of the teams in each conference.

Reactions: Amb3096
Totally disagree. Competition is 10x harder now than anytime in the late 90s early 2000s. Those were my fave teams and I was at every game, but I wouldn't discount SCs super athletic teams chances against them. It's a whole different game now.
Only one question. Who's guarding the 3 Meek or Candace ? They were all 4 Elite and USCjr, as good as they were, all but lost to this year's UT team. I'll go ahead and answer my own question, NOBODY!!

Only one question. Who's guarding the 3 Meek or Candace ? They were all 4 Elite and USCjr, as good as they were, all but lost to this year's UT team. I'll go ahead and answer my own question, NOBODY!!
Then why didn't they repeat? As a trio, they won 1 NC and lost at least 3 games I remember (Purdue, LSU, Duke) during Chamique's senior year. Semeka and Tamika lost a handful of games their Jr. year playing together, and same with their senior year. None of those teams that beat them during these years would be argued as being better than SC was this year.

Geter would have gotten eaten up by Watkins and Cardosa, Jollie Harper would have been outmatched athletically by their quick backcourt and Semeka's lack of an outside shot would have rendered her less effective against a team with equal size and athleticism. It's a different level now. These scenarios would have also been true for some of those early UConn teams that ran over all the other teams like a steamroller.

Then why didn't they repeat? As a trio, they won 1 NC and lost at least 3 games I remember (Purdue, LSU, Duke) during Chamique's senior year. Semeka and Tamika lost a handful of games their Jr. year playing together, and same with their senior year. None of those teams that beat them during these years would be argued as being better than SC was this year.

Geter would have gotten eaten up by Watkins and Cardosa, Jollie Harper would have been outmatched athletically by their quick backcourt and Semeka's lack of an outside shot would have rendered her less effective against a team with equal size and athleticism. It's a different level now. These scenarios would have also been true for some of those early UConn teams that ran over all the other teams like a steamroller.

I agree with you but to the prior post- picking out the very best players of a generation is irrelevant to the argument that the overall level play is considerably higher with present day players than prior generations.

I mean Wilt Chamberlain in his prime would still be a great NBA player today but the very best teams of that era would be run out of the gym by any current NBA team.

The jump in the women's gap from the 90's to the present era is just as great.

I agree with you but to the prior post- picking out the very best players of a generation is irrelevant to the argument that the overall level play is considerably higher with present day players than prior generations.

I mean Wilt Chamberlain in his prime would still be a great NBA player today but the very best teams of that era would be run out of the gym by any current NBA team.

The jump in the women's gap from the 90's to the present era is just as great.
I don’t think the overall play is significantly better. It’s different.

Talaysia Cooper will be a starter. Anybody that watched her practice this year, including a few different ESPN announcers like Carolyn Peck, all mentioned how good she looked. I believe it was Peck who said she thought she looked like the best player on the floor. Cooper spent a year in South Carolina too. So she has 2 years of preparation, including going against the likes of Zia Cooke, Brea Beal and Raven Johnson in practice. She is a big talent and Lady Vols fans are going to love her.

Boyd and Wells will be great for Caldwell's system as long as their recoveries go well and are healthy at the beginning of the season.
zakly

She is a good player, but would feel great to play them if that was all they had. Booker and Harmon and a host of other players are going to make it tough for her to play a lot.
I believe that Rori Harmon is the key here, and perhaps the "business" reason Texas went after the Michigan star, Laila Phelia. If Harmon returns fully recovered, great! However, it is possible that she will be less effective than before. A high insurance premium for sure, but blanket coverage is expensive.

This is not to suggest that Phelia is onboard solely for insurance purposes. To the contrary, I think we can look forward to having to defend that triple-headed-monster when they're all playing at the same time. And, if healthy, they will be on the court together. A lot. So, a smart move by Vic Schaefer. And a probable win/win for the Horns.

Kiki had career shooting percentages at Louisville and was the leading scorer on a much more balanced team than JMU. If anything, chemistry seemed to be the bigger issue for them with all of the newcomers adjusting to new roles.

The UConn player who transferred from Fairfield (?) a few years ago had no issues adapting to the higher level of competition and lit up every SEC school she played against. There's really nothing special there compared to the other schools, other than an alarming number of post players that can't make layups.
Abby Meyers from Princeton was really good for Maryland And Lopez Senechal was great at UConn.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back