2024 TRANSFER TRACKER

It’s going to take about 10 games to see how these teams/players come together as a team. For teams with their core players back you can tell but for teams with several (3 or more) new key players, it will take about 5-10 games for them to start playing as a team instead of as a collection. That’s why preseason rankings are poor predictors for rebuilt teams.
This fall will be very interesting to see how teams (including UT) respond.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Supposedly quite bc of the awkward situation with coach leaving and her just announcing she we coming back…

That’s the speculation
That speculation makes a little more sense than "waiting on paperwork", which almost no one has ever done. However, the further away from Tubner's hire we get, the more worried I become. We must land Nye.

I’m done, I give up.
Patience Grasshopper. We're not yet in the place where we'll get players like Phelia, and certainly not KiKi. We're still going to have to do more with less and win some big games to attract those kinds of recruits. That dynamic hasn't changed.

Meanwhile, we need to keep plugging away on the pieces we can sign that are good players and good fits to help build. New staff seems to be doing that well, although a couple more announcements would be nice.

Supposedly quite bc of the awkward situation with coach leaving and her just announcing she we coming back…

That’s the speculation
Would you like to be going to Tennessee and still be going to school at Bama. Getting in the portal was bad enough I bet, but announcing Tennessee would be a tough two weeks to live down there.

Would you like to be going to Tennessee and still be going to school at Bama. Getting in the portal was bad enough I bet, but announcing Tennessee would be a tough two weeks to live down there.
Could be but I'd be very surprised if many, or any, random students finishing up the semester at Bama knew or cared. Portal transfers are a given these days.

Fans like us care. Students are exhausted and dreaming of beaches in south Florida.
Exactly. Furthermore, even if a random student cared, I'm pretty sure Nye wouldn't care that they cared.

Im not sure why worrying about recruits who have visited and been rumored surprises anyone. It's the coin of the realm during portal season, esp when the recruits are so badly needed. I suspect it's more of the constant defensive posture about the new staff, even tho it's not about them at all. Couldn't be rooting harder for them to bring these home.

As always, it would be nice if no one but board monitors told others what to post.

Reactions: brittannica
My Nye theory - we all know Kristy Curry despises Tennessee. Everytime we play them she's a hot mess, prone to Ts and whining about refs...she is sick of what she perceives as UT's legacy pedestal and for a hot minute she thought she was in prime position to dominate us next year. Then, one of her top assistants and best player hop ship to go to UT? She has to be beyond livid. They have to make sure that every t is crossed, I dotted, and zero chance of any tampering case etc to be made bc if there is the slightest crack in Nye's movement, Curry will be hell on wheels to go after them.

Or, maybe it's all nothing and she's just doing things in her own time...time will tell 🤷🏻‍♀️😆

My Nye theory - we all know Kristy Curry despises Tennessee. Everytime we play them she's a hot mess, prone to Ts and whining about refs...she is sick of what she perceives as UT's legacy pedestal and for a hot minute she thought she was in prime position to dominate us next year. Then, one of her top assistants and best player hop ship to go to UT? She has to be beyond livid. They have to make sure that every t is crossed, I dotted, and zero chance of any tampering case etc to be made bc if there is the slightest crack in Nye's movement, Curry will be hell on wheels to go after them.

Or, maybe it's all nothing and she's just doing things in her own time...time will tell 🤷🏻‍♀️😆

I don’t think she has a case. In this current landscape if a player wants to leave, they can leave.

Was it tampering when Kenny took Amoore, Strack and Silva with him? Didn’t hear the outcry there, everyone thought it was a good coaching move.

Curry can cry, stomp and shake her fist as much as she wants but it won’t help.

Exactly. Furthermore, even if a random student cared, I'm pretty sure Nye wouldn't care that they cared.

Im not sure why worrying about recruits who have visited and been rumored surprises anyone. It's the coin of the realm during portal season, esp when the recruits are so badly needed. I suspect it's more of the constant defensive posture about the new staff, even tho it's not about them at all. Couldn't be rooting harder for them to bring these home.

As always, it would be nice if no one but board monitors told others what to post.
Only thing that has moved my students meaningfully in two weeks is Taylor Swift. Any other brain space is full of, “So what do I need to do to get an A?”

I don’t think she has a case. In this current landscape if a player wants to leave, they can leave.

Was it tampering when Kenny took Amoore, Strack and Silva with him? Didn’t hear the outcry there, everyone thought it was a good coaching move.

No such thing as tampering anymore. Players can make any deal they want these days.

All true but Amoore also was not an immediate announcement. First she announced she wasn't going back to VA Tech, time lapse, the Kentucky announcement... hopefully we hear something soon!

All true but Amoore also was not an immediate announcement. First she announced she wasn't going back to VA Tech, time lapse, the Kentucky announcement... hopefully we hear something soon!

It didn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out where she was going. They did the same thing Nye is doing. Wait it out and let the dust settle before you announce.

Saw ol Kissin Kenny give her enough forehead kisses this season there was no way she was going anywhere else.

I don't believe Va Tech fans were too thrilled by the exodus, so "everyone" is an overstatement.

So what players are Lady Vols wanting?

I know they're after Nye and Spearman, who else ?

Sounds like we are still in on Whitehorn.

Others I would not be surprised to find visiting are Donovyn Hunter from Oregon State, Mir McClean out of UVA (started at UCONN), possibly Katilyn Chen (Princeton) and likely Shy Day-Wilson out of Miami

McQueen out of Bama has been tossed around some.

That’s based off who Coach Lazo has recently followed and is likely recruiting. Looks like we are probably in the Market for 1-2 more guards and 1-2 more forwards.

So what players are Lady Vols wanting?

I know they're after Nye and Spearman, who else ?

Seriously, I’m kind of reluctant to post names on VolNation. There are people building false perceptions around visits on these Twitter handles and paywall sites. That player from Tulsa was not a player that UT had at the top of its list.
The other names you’ve heard are true. Mutual interest from the Alabama players in the portal. Mutual interest from the Clemson transfer. Not sure about some of the PG names that I have read even the one that signed with Ole Miss. Talaysia Cooper would have likely won the starting spot this past season if she did not have to redshirt. I do not think they have PG at the top of the list as far as team needs. Could see another young post added to compete with Latham, Spearman (who is leaning towards UT) and our returning post players.

VN Store

Back