2024 TRANSFER TRACKER

Yes but not as much of a gamble...their coach has NBA experience and I think the fact that her parents live basically in the same neighborhood as USC made the gamble a little more enticing.
No matter the reason, players can take a gamble on us as well, because we won’t be winning any championship without elite talent.

What I'm reading here says that a lot of fans who know basketball still don't understand what we're going to see next season.

If we're successful, this edition of the Lady Vols should have terrible defensive stats on points-per-possession. By design this team is going to sacrifice traditional half-court defense to gain something else.

We're going to win games by having 20-40 more offensive possessions per game than our opponents.

Also, our time-per-offensive-possession will probably be one of the shortest in the nation, as we're going to fire up shots before defenses can get into position.

So as we all opine about personnel and offer our armchair recruiting suggestions... keep in mind the needed skillsets and for what style of play CKC is assembling her team. And instead of a "bench," think of 9-11 interconnectable starters who, regardless of "position," share the same role:
create turnovers and shoot threes or breakaway layups.

To be transparent: Skim in the discord said the gif was for Whitehorn. She said that none of her sources had said anything about Kapinus and that she had not visited. Seems like someone said her name and looked at IG follows and everyone (Donnie, 94Feet, EJay) just started parroting each other.

Also: Donovyn Hunter was gif'd back over two weeks ago and she just announced today. Sometimes maybe it just takes time.
This is where I saw the online buzz around Kapinus and TN...

What I'm reading here says that a lot of fans who know basketball still don't understand what we're going to see next season.

If we're successful, this edition of the Lady Vols should have terrible defensive stats on points-per-possession. By design this team is going to sacrifice traditional half-court defense to gain something else.

We're going to win games by having 20-40 more offensive possessions per game than our opponents.

Also, our time-per-offensive-possession will probably be one of the shortest in the nation, as we're going to fire up shots before defenses can get into position.

So as we all opine about personnel and offer our armchair recruiting suggestions... keep in mind the needed skillsets and for what style of play CKC is assembling her team. And instead of a "bench," think of 9-11 interconnectable starters who, regardless of "position," share the same role:

We really don't know what we will see next year. All we know is the type of offense that she ran at Marshall. What we don't know is whether that will result with wins or losses against better competition.

CKC is going to need to be willing to adjust her philosophy for some opponents and she is going to have to be willing to adjust "in the game" if it isn't working. They don't keep on with the thought that I will just wear them down.

Most of the great teams with the great coaches, while they do have a style of play - they win because they are willing to adjust based on matchups.

Reactions: Lucy and madtownvol

Auburn led the SEC in turnover margin last year at +4.9 per game. What would you expect the LV turnover margin to be next season?

Reactions: brittannica
What?

You all are reading everything into players following other teams players and coaches but when the scenario is flipped you claim it’s not something to read much into lol.

That’s a contradiction.
Nobody started talking about Kapinus to UT until she started following multiple players.

Skim made a post and now you all are on the thread saying since UT scheduled other visits that must mean they did not get a commitment from Ruby or Kapinus.

Who is reading anything into it? I pointed out both ways what some are seeing only one way.
What on earth did I say wrong and why are you making generalized comments about me? That was one bizarre reply to my very normal post.

We really don't know what we will see next year. All we know is the type of offense that she ran at Marshall. What we don't know is whether that will result with wins or losses against better competition.

CKC is going to need to be willing to adjust her philosophy for some opponents and she is going to have to be willing to adjust "in the game" if it isn't working. They don't keep on with the thought that I will just wear them down.

Most of the great teams with the great coaches, while they do have a style of play - they win because they are willing to adjust based on matchups.
[see Heupel, Joshua Kenneth]

Reactions: Orange.
they have the money now, teams are paying multiple stars and top recruits on their roster, we have none so far so we gave the money to pay.
So you must have a handle on the NIL outlay for the retention of the balance of the squad. How much was it and how much was left for portal acquisitions?

Reactions: Rooster1

VN Store

Back