2024 TRANSFER TRACKER

Because we've watched it. I watched it live at the SEC tourney and it left me feeling awful for her, Joni, and that team.

JB reacts emotionally to almost every play, she argues with refs, she yells at teammates, she shrugs off and ignores her coaches. It's very easy to see. This is not hearsay or imagined.

JB has always been a "loud" player. Remember her more or less taking over as entertainer in her McD AA game? Back then it was fun and funny, her trademark. But the last couple of years it's been out of control and not the least bit funny.
There are some people on this board who have a head problem .....

Reactions: VolBall09
Because we've watched it. I watched it live at the SEC tourney and it left me feeling awful for her, Joni, and that team.

JB reacts emotionally to almost every play, she argues with refs, she yells at teammates, she shrugs off and ignores her coaches. It's very easy to see. This is not hearsay or imagined.

JB has always been a "loud" player. Remember her more or less taking over as entertainer in her McD AA game? Back then it was fun and funny, her trademark. But the last couple of years it's been out of control and not the least bit funny.

Oh please, step down off your soap box. Why are you tearing down an extremely talented potential recruit on here?

Reactions: VolFuture
Oh please, step down off your soap box. Why are you tearing down an extremely talented potential recruit on here?
What I said is not a secret nor new info to this board.. But again, I trust the coaches who have all the info on this. They'll know if it's handleable, if it's even an option.

Reactions: Lucy
I'll be very happy if we get either of the players and overjoyed if we get both. Think Barker just wants to win and Joni wasn't providing much of a chance of that with the way they were playing last season. I'm not expecting Barker, but she has to be a take would make you look totally foolish not to take her. Right now hoping for Dauda as that seems realistic and she has tremendous upside as well. Barker, Spearman, and Latham will pound those boards. I look for this to be one of the best rebounding teams we've had in a while. Add Barker we move right up there with anybody limiting one shot possessions. Dauda also fairly good board player and she can step out and hit the three for a big player 32 percent.

I'll be very happy if we get either of the players and overjoyed if we get both. Think Barker just wants to win and Joni wasn't providing much of a chance of that with the way they were playing last season. I'm not expecting Barker, but she has to be a take would make you look totally foolish not to take her. Right now hoping for Dauda as that seems realistic and she has tremendous upside as well. Barker, Spearman, and Latham will pound those boards. I look for this to be one of the best rebounding teams we've had in a while. Add Barker we move right up there with anybody limiting one shot possessions. Dauda also fairly good board player and she can step out and hit the three for a big player 32 percent.

What I love about Dauda’s 3 is she likes to take it in transition off the trail. That’s a get time for a big to get a really good look from deep. With the style we plan to play she would be a huge asset. I believe the other bigs will all have the green light situationally as well. Latham for sure, but Hollingshed and Zee both have nice looking stroke, just don’t take many.

If we take Barker is does probably bury Puckett a little but I still think about 11 players will be seeing quality minutes and as many as 13 could see decent time.

We are already deeper than we have been for a long time. Hate to count the chickens before they hatch, but we have a great looking roster even if we stop now.

What I love about Dauda’s 3 is she likes to take it in transition off the trail. That’s a get time for a big to get a really good look from deep. With the style we plan to play she would be a huge asset. I believe the other bigs will all have the green light situationally as well. Latham for sure, but Hollingshed and Zee both have nice looking stroke, just don’t take many.

If we take Barker is does probably bury Puckett a little but I still think about 11 players will be seeing quality minutes and as many as 13 could see decent time.

We are already deeper than we have been for a long time. Hate to count the chickens before they hatch, but we have a great looking roster even if we stop now.
Really not worrying about who gets to play and who doesn't cause that has been part of the problem in the past few seasons. I pick out 10 in this new system who are the best and the rest will play when they can. If you want to play get better don't expect it. We had some players last season get far more minutes than they deserved. I hope we don't see that this season.

Really not worrying about who gets to play and who doesn't cause that has been part of the problem in the past few seasons. I pick out 10 in this new system who are the best and the rest will play when they can. If you want to play get better don't expect it. We had some players last season get far more minutes than they deserved. I hope we don't see that this season.

Totally agree, I could care less. All I want to see is a W. Don’t care who plays or for how long.

Totally agree, I could care less. All I want to see is a W. Don’t care who plays or for how long.
Just obvious to me even this early that Puckett and Darby are not exactly suited for this system. They may be able to work in some minutes Puckett a lot more if we don't get other post players. Still I think you are going to see a lot from players like Cooper, Spencer, Spearman, Latham, Spear, and Whitehorn. I think Boyd may play more than people are thinking she will right now just because of her defense and quickness. If we get Dauda you can add her and depending on how much more she develops Wynn could flourish in this type system. Wells have to see how she has progressed needs to lose a few pounds and get her shot back. Then there is Jill who needs to step up to play a lot. Puckett, Darby, Strickland have the opportunity, but they have to beat out the other players I've mentioned and that is not going to be easy in this system. All three can shoot the three in transition, but you need to be able to guard someone to play a lot of minutes.

Reactions: VolBall09
Agree 100% with this ^ and if you can get Barker it’s a no brainer. With those two being mentioned is Dwyer still in play

Well did you watch her? She’s definitely gets in her own way. It’s not an attitude issue imo but she definitely isn’t in the right headspace out there most of the time.
Barker, when not injured, looked really good as a freshman. I think Joni changed her role and didn't focus on getting her the number of opportunities she should have gotten and then she got in her head. That transfer class A&M had last year, on paper had one of the better teams in the SEC, but Joni Taylor had no clue how to pull it together, and ultimately Barker's confidence seemed wrecked and her overall game just plummetted. Joni has had some really talented players in her tenure as a coach at Georgia and A&M and they never seem to go anywhere following college basketball.

Just obvious to me even this early that Puckett and Darby are not exactly suited for this system. They may be able to work in some minutes Puckett a lot more if we don't get other post players. Still I think you are going to see a lot from players like Cooper, Spencer, Spearman, Latham, Spear, and Whitehorn. I think Boyd may play more than people are thinking she will right now just because of her defense and quickness. If we get Dauda you can add her and depending on how much more she develops Wynn could flourish in this type system. Wells have to see how she has progressed needs to lose a few pounds and get her shot back. Then there is Jill who needs to step up to play a lot. Puckett, Darby, Strickland have the opportunity, but they have to beat out the other players I've mentioned and that is not going to be easy in this system. All three can shoot the three in transition, but you need to be able to guard someone to play a lot of minutes.
Competition in practice makes better players. The players that stayed will really have to push themselves this off-season because I was thinking same as you how does Darby fit with this system Puckett I believe has the goods and Jill. Beautiful problem to have quality depth. In CHRIST Alone

Just by way of ranking the top 100 players in the TRANSFER PORTAL. TENNESSEE has received commitments from RUBY WHITEHORN #20, SAMARA SPENCER #24, ALYSSA LATHAM # 15, and LAZARIA SPEARMAN # 39. The two outstanding players still in the portal are MARYAM DAUDA # 34 and JANIAH BARKER # 12. All the other top 100 players listed among the top 70 or so have already committed elsewhere. As I stated previously, DAUDA has narrowed her choices down to only two, either BAYLOR or the LADY VOLS. I have no idea who BARKER is considering but I think she has visited KNOXVILLE. But I am not sure if that is true or not. TENNESSEE still has two more scholarships left so hopefully the last two players will consider the LADY VOLS. I just wanted to pass on what I know and what I think I know to all of you in VOLUNTEER LAND.

Just by way of ranking the top 100 players in the TRANSFER PORTAL. TENNESSEE has received commitments from RUBY WHITEHORN #20, SAMARA SPENCER #24, ALYSSA LATHAM # 15, and LAZARIA SPEARMAN # 39. The two outstanding players still in the portal are MARYAM DAUDA # 34 and JANIAH BARKER # 12. All the other top 100 players listed among the top 70 or so have already committed elsewhere. As I stated previously, DAUDA has narrowed her choices down to only two, either BAYLOR or the LADY VOLS. I have no idea who BARKER is considering but I think she has visited KNOXVILLE. But I am not sure if that is true or not. TENNESSEE still has two more scholarships left so hopefully the last two players will consider the LADY VOLS. I just wanted to pass on what I know and what I think I know to all of you in VOLUNTEER LAND.
You have been a welcome addition to the site given your experience of following coach Caldwell. It takes a while to learn who the reliable sources are here. Unless someone else has better info, there has been no reliable and consistent source that indicated that Barker visited or that Dauda is even considering Tenessee. The latter was from the worst site regarding credible info. I hope these things are true, but be careful where you get the info. Thanks.

You have been a welcome addition to the site given your experience of following coach Caldwell. It takes a while to learn who the reliable sources are here. Unless someone else has better info, there has been no reliable and consistent source that indicated that Barker visited or that Dauda is even considering Tenessee. The latter was from the worst site regarding credible info. I hope these things are true, but be careful where you get the info. Thanks.
I really hope we get Barker, but Dauda did say she was a Tennessee fan now after Spencer committed.

VN Store

Back