2024 Transfer Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
My read on it is that Barker and HVL are going to follow the $ and the highest bid that is a decent fit will win. Especially with HVL, I think she may be worried about sticking in the W so she needs to make her $ now. Barker would absolutely thrive in our new offensive and defensive system.
Or both are just taking their time to make sure they make the right decision this time. This is a crucial transfer for both those players. This is it for HVL, and LSU had to be a bruising experience. Especially the way it ended, with Kim leaving her hanging out there getting cooked repeatedly on national tv by CC when she was feeling under the weather. Everyone knows Kim don't care, but its still jarring to watch it play out. HVL has options so no need to hurry, long as the coaches are patient.

Barker is also in a difficult place. She needs a place where her head can get screwed back on in the right direction. Janiah reminds me of Jordan Horston alot. She's an emotional player who once she fully buys in, could be an enthusiastic leader. If the coaches feel like JH is a challenge worth taking on along with everything else going on, I'd love to have her . And has 2 yrs left I believe? Barker is rare, an athletic with actual skills. Barker at 4, Nye at 3, Spear at 2?. That's what I'm talking about.

If not Nye who was the second boom? I don’t know who AB or Skim Mulkey are but lots of folks trust them. Did they say Nye to UT?
I’m kind of in the “don’t count your chickens” until they publicly commit camp.
AP only put one in for Spearman…. Skim Mulkey put one out around the time Nye entered the portal so people assumed it was Nye…. I am pretty positive that Spearman committed to the coaches on her visit. You can’t be 100% until they are playing games… Former Tennessee football players have committed to schools 2 different times this offseason and reentered the portal.

Not surprised, I already see how this is going to play out.
S#IT!

OK here's the sunshine take: this is a fake visit to deflect attention fm following her asst coach.

Unfortunately I don't believe that for a minute. Hopefully she'll see a bigger role here. ND is already loaded. Also hope our money's up.

I think she is. We can only share our opinion.
Jewel Spear was in a one dimensional offensive system this season that did not utilize her skill set.
[/QUOTE
There would be games where you didn't even no she was on the floor. I think she's a very good player and I'm very glad she's coming back. I also don't think she's elite. I think she can be a great Robin, to any Batman, but she's not Batman. At least she wasn't last year. I hope like heck she's an AA next year, buy I'd be pleasantly surprised if she were. All jmo.

If not Nye who was the second boom? I don’t know who AB or Skim Mulkey are but lots of folks trust them. Did they say Nye to UT?
I’m kind of in the “don’t count your chickens” until they publicly commit camp.
I think Skim Milkey may be slipping a little cause they had HVL to TCU and now she is on the fence. So If they had Nye to Tennessee another one on the fence. Spearman seems to be in limbo as well so we'll see if they can regather all three of those predictions.

I think Skim Milkey may be slipping a little cause they had HVL to TCU and now she is on the fence. So If they had Nye to Tennessee another one on the fence. Spearman seems to be in limbo as well so we'll see if they can regather all three of those predictions.

Or the transfers are telling coaches one thing then getting bigger offers and changing their mind. Just the landscape now.

Or the transfers are telling coaches one thing then getting bigger offers and changing their mind. Just the landscape now.

That is why it is so important that the coaches keep their feet on the ground as they have done and continue to sell their vision as the new staff has done since coming together a week ago. They have gotten buy-in from two players currently on the roster in Jewel Spear and Talaysia Cooper. Both players in the the last two days have announced they are signing with the top NIL collective in the SEC The Vol Club and returning to Rocky Top!
Remember, the coaches have not said anything one way or the other about the transfer portal to the public besides when Coach Lazo tweeted a now deleted post. Again, could’ve been just a coincidence or something more to the story. Either way, they got one commit shortly after a visit out of two visits last week. Later today or tomorrow we will likely hear of upcoming visits. I do not see any reason to suggest that things are not still trending towards getting a second official commitment soon.

Last edited:
Reactions: HeadVol77
Everyone should have learned the lesson by now that there is no reason to assume that just because we aren't getting official announcements every day, it doesn't mean there couldn't be plenty of great news coming later. I'm guilty of impatience, too, but we have got to relax and let things happen in their own time. So far, fans' early dire predictions based on "not hearing anything" have all been thoroughly squashed, so I think if we can assume anything, it's that THAT trend will continue, not the opposite.

Things are going great. Enjoy it! 🧡

S#IT!

OK here's the sunshine take: this is a fake visit to deflect attention fm following her asst coach.

Unfortunately I don't believe that for a minute. Hopefully she'll see a bigger role here. ND is already loaded. Also hope our money's up.

Well, it can't be all sunshine and roses can it? Nye would be a huge get for CKC but it appears that other coaches have figured that out as well

Reactions: Lucy and glv98
Tennessee (especially since NIL has started) has always been the place to go to gauge your initial value and take it to other programs to see if they'd match, or overpay.

If Danny is really going to play the NIL game, he and his donors will have to truly have to spend.

Regardless of whether folks around here believe it or not, Tennessee being what Tennessee once was is a scary sight to a lot of programs during this time of parity and some will do whatever it takes to ensure we don't return to our winning ways.

Last edited:
Everyone should have learned the lesson by now that there is no reason to assume that just because we aren't getting official announcements every day, it doesn't mean there couldn't be plenty of great news coming later. I'm guilty of impatience, too, but we have got to relax and let things happen in their own time. So far, fans' early dire predictions based on "not hearing anything" have all been thoroughly squashed, so I think if we can assume anything, it's that THAT trend will continue, not the opposite.

Things are going great. Enjoy it! 🧡
Yes but one of the players visiting Notre Dame makes me think that commitment is not to strong.

Reactions: brittannica

She has potential and has played well for them would be glad for her to wear the right color of orange. Might be getting out with Barker coming in.

Dang she is a nice player. Would love to have her.

All those moves make me think they are getting Barker but just still not hearing anything.

If she wants to play in the W I’m not sure Vic is the coach for her though. Vivians is the only player of his I can remember impacting the next level. He’s definitely a college/defense coach and a very good one.

As a transfer, she needs to be very sure. If I were her I would take as many visits as possible. Hopefully decides on us but needs to be sure.-

Could also be our staff asking her to take another couple visits so it looks less like she was “poached”

Dang she is a nice player. Would love to have her.

All those moves make me think they are getting Barker but just still not hearing anything.

If she wants to play in the W I’m not sure Vic is the coach for her though. Vivians is the only player of his I can remember impacting the next level. He’s definitely a college/defense coach and a very good one.
So if she goes to Texas she won’t get drafted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back