2024 Transfer Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
So why did we recruit players who were undersized or would need significant time to develop at a P5 level?

Especially if we were scheduling the #1 sos almost every year. I’m sorry, but I can’t make it make sense.

You’re gonna have to separate Kellie’s LVFL legacy from her coaching stint. Because they are not the same.
Your post had nothing to do with the whys. It was just a cheap shot at a bunch of good players and great kids because they played under Kellie.
Additionally my reference to LVFL had nothing to do with Kellie and everything to do with the players you were maligning.
Please support CKC with all your might but you need to stop this slash and burn mentality about everything and everyone Kellie touched.
You are a fun poster and I agree with you lots of times but you need to move on.

Just what everyone needs. More instability and chaos! I want players to be able to transfer during games. What a great half time adjustment. They just recruited the other teams top scorer to their side!
Adds context to the old adage "Coach could beat you with her five or swap and beat you with your five."

I hope TN picks up some players from the portal that are quick and athletic. At this point I doubt we get the quality portal haul that the KJH staff would have brought in. The roster problem at UT has been a lack of athleticism over the last 4 years other than portal pickups. Assembling a roster was Harpers downfall. Caldwell needs athletes with quickness for defensive needs. Any offensive help she can get out of the portal would just be added value. I would be happy with length and quickness. Caldwell and staff will have to use player development to get SEC quality offense out of what she can get. JMO and not a knock on the young HC

This is getting to be kind of obvious and ridiculous.

“Missed out” lol like what?

Of course Iowa was a great fit for her. She’s a ball dominate guard who is an efficient volume scorer. That’s exactly what they need and a great place for her.

The Ball Out has some weird anti-Tennessee agenda at the moment and I maintain it is Maria. A lot of people around here don’t remember her and how toxic and…uh insane? she can be.

I hope TN picks up some players from the portal that are quick and athletic. At this point I doubt we get the quality portal haul that the KJH staff would have brought in. The roster problem at UT has been a lack of athleticism over the last 4 years other than portal pickups. Assembling a roster was Harpers downfall. Caldwell needs athletes with quickness for defensive needs. Any offensive help she can get out of the portal would just be added value. I would be happy with length and quickness. Caldwell and staff will have to use player development to get SEC quality offense out of what she can get. JMO and not a knock on the young HC
I feel just the opposite. Emphasize shooters, esp 3 pt shooters and use player development to get SEC quality defense. Esp bc one of the new assistants is or was a "defensive coordinator". I think it's easier to develop defense than shooting. We're going to be a team that takes 30 3s a game. Who? Jewel and Sara, obviously, and Strip can shoot. Tess if the situation is right. But we need much, much more offense. Or nothing else matters. Of course we want all the players to be athletic as well.

Is there a really good 3 pt shooter currently in the portal?

Remind me about Kaniya Boyd? What can we realistically expect from her offensively? I guess it's hard to know since she missed her Sr yr w injury. Avg 12 ppg as a Jr. I think I remember her as known mostly as a lock down defender, which is great. Just wondered how her shot is.

Coop is an unknown also, but don't think she's a 3 ball shooter.

Last edited:
NCAA adopts rules allowing schools to help facilitate NIL deals. Must be ratified by the D1 Board next week.

Last edited:
Reactions: chuckiepoo
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back