2024 Transfer Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Semantics are important, what you did was state as fact that none of the top players are considering [the Lady Vols] us. You simply admitted that your statement of "fact " was based on rumors.
It's a shame that so many posters fail to understand the effect the written word can have!

Jim
Oh. He understood what he was doing.

Semantics are important, what you did was state as fact that none of the top players are considering [the Lady Vols] us. You simply admitted that your statement of "fact " was based on rumors.
It's a shame that so many posters fail to understand the effect the written word can have!

Jim
I never said it was a fact, I said if the rumors are true, the rumors are these top players are connected with other teams and not us, everyone on here sees it online so what’s the issue?

I have seen zero people here say the roster is “good enough”

We clearly need 5-6 players who can go next season. Thanks to the previous staff that’s the position we are in. Are all 5-6 of those going to be top talent? No, some of them are going to be very a serviceable players coming off the bench. I have no doubt we land 2-3 quality players that significantly improve this team.

The coaching staff is better, why shouldn’t the roster be?

Now back to ignore for you.
We do not know this coach is better at this level. Athletes and abilities are very different at the power five level than D-2 or a small mid major. We will know when the NCAA tournament rolls around. I believe Kellie would have gotten enough out of the portal this year to keep the streak alive. Does this new coach have a good enough relationship with power 5, very talented players in the portal to get them here. Kellie had been very successful the last couple years with portal recruiting. 3 of them were former High school All Americans.

Given that her system promotes 30 minutes for the best players and her teams are close to the top in the nation in points and many other stats, why would good players reject the system when they can score so many points and be in elite shape. Not to say we will get a bunch of recruits and transfers now given that coach is such an unknown, but I don't think the system is a drawback.

Looking at the stats for Marshall last year - here are the minute totals for the 9 players that appeared in at least 32 games. None of the players averaged 30 minutes.

28.7 minutes
26.0 minutes
24.5 minutes
18.5 minutes
18.8 minutes
18.1 minutes
11.9 minutes
11.4 minutes
11.3 minutes

The one that averaged 28.7 minutes per game averaged 35.6 minutes the season before.

And I believe the games are 40 minutes long so only 3 players averaged minutes more than half the game.

I have seen zero people here say the roster is “good enough”

We clearly need 5-6 players who can go next season. Thanks to the previous staff that’s the position we are in. Are all 5-6 of those going to be top talent? No, some of them are going to be very a serviceable players coming off the bench. I have no doubt we land 2-3 quality players that significantly improve this team.

The coaching staff is better, why shouldn’t the roster be?

Now back to ignore for you.
I Just want to build a Championship roster and that can happen this year with the portal, we all have our own opinions and my opinion is we need 4 starters and not serviceable players we have the bench players already, if Spear leaves we will need a new starting 5.

Interesting list. Here's their 3pt. stats last year:
- Poindexter: 32.3% (2.4 makes per game)
- Morales: 31.8% (2.6)
- Ciezki: 36.8% (2.1)
- Simental: 36.6% (2.2)
- Gardiner: 39.5% (1.9)

Reactions: NoBackBoard
We do not know this coach is better at this level. Athletes and abilities are very different at the power five level than D-2 or a small mid major. We will know when the NCAA tournament rolls around. I believe Kellie would have gotten enough out of the portal this year to keep the streak alive. Does this new coach have a good enough relationship with power 5, very talented players in the portal to get them here. Kellie had been very successful the last couple years with portal recruiting. 3 of them were former High school All Americans.
Dak ,you have been on this site long enough to know that Kellie ....god bless her soul ...had not signed a high school recruit in two years.With the departure of Jackson the cupboard is almost bare of athletic ,top notch basketball players .Moreover, the type of players needed for the new coach's system is different than the system used by Kellie. So everything is conjecture right now about what players will be signed by the Lady Vols both from the portal and high school .

This just my opinion ,I think that the Lady Vols basketball team will make the NCAA next year and she will get some players out of the portal that will fit her system .She said in her last interview that the 1st month of the season when she has started at the two schools she has been head coach were not good because of implementing her system but after that expect good tidings. No one knows what will happen but I choose to be optimistic in what will happen in the future.

VolBall09, about Dark Phoenix. Did you, like me, also make the connection to Darth_Vol because "darth" means "dark," and, from Wiki, "a phoenix obtains new life by rising from the ashes of its predecessor"?

So Dark was just being clever, only a little TOO clever, cause I figured it out pretty quickly. My theory was further cemented by the fact that Darth/Dark irritated me in exactly the same ways. Lol

Not stirring anything I want us to Get Kiki Iriafen and Zaay Green, I don’t want the rumors to be true, I’m hoping we can get them aand a few others.and I’ve never did I was against the hire, I don’t care who the coach is as long as we get elite recruits and the top portal players.
I would urge you to not take many comments on here as rumors or very serious. It’s mostly just fans speculating or worrying with little to no inside information. Most people are just hashing out scenarios whether positive, negative, or in between.

Reactions: Dak1219 and spojo13
Looking at the stats for Marshall last year - here are the minute totals for the 9 players that appeared in at least 32 games. None of the players averaged 30 minutes.

28.7 minutes
26.0 minutes
24.5 minutes
18.5 minutes
18.8 minutes
18.1 minutes
11.9 minutes
11.4 minutes
11.3 minutes

The one that averaged 28.7 minutes per game averaged 35.6 minutes the season before.

And I believe the games are 40 minutes long so only 3 players averaged minutes more than half the game.
You just made the point of the original poster......18- 28+ minutes per game is enough to attract top players .....but oh wait ....what is a top player in her system ? Plenty of opinions about that now isn't there . Those saying that "elite/top players will not sign with he because of minutes played ....or not played ..... are .....well .....whistling past the grave yard.

the issue is this is a fan page,,,even other "Roosters" are appreciated here bc even though they show alliance to their school,,they are here as real fans of TN too.

Every post you make,, even a good one,, is so you can turn it into a negative one.
It gets old
real OOOOOLLLLLLLLLDDDDDDDDDDDD
Old
1713025345342.png

Reactions: MicCheck12

This is who operates the X account FWIW.

The kind of person who would leave pets unattended, unfed, unwatered and unloved, plus the obscene material. 🤮
That's literally insane, wow!

That’s what we’re concerned with? Getting just enough to keep the streak alive?

You mean just like last season? Super fun to watch, Danny agreed, clearly.

What’s the freaking point if you’re not competing for championships? Kellie was never going to, never has, never will. That ship has sailed and that’s why we are trying our luck with someone who has had success only Kellie could dream of.

If you don’t think winning a DII national title is not difficult I’d like to see you try.

I mentioned Tanya Haave earlier, one of Pat’s players and probably the best coach she “produced.” She’s never even sniffed a DII national title in 13 seasons.

Last edited:

28.7 minutes
26.0 minutes
24.5 minutes
18.5 minutes
18.8 minutes
18.1 minutes
11.9 minutes
11.4 minutes
11.3 minutes

Now do Tennessee. How many Lady Vols averaged more than 30 minutes a game? How many even averaged 32 minutes a game?

I really hope she does well - because all you sunshine folks on here are going to have a major meltdown if we end up with leftovers from the transfer portal and next year looks no better or worse than this year. That first 40-point loss is going to sting badly. I hope it doesn't happen, but I fully expect it will.

I really hope she does well - because all you sunshine folks on here are going to have a major meltdown if we end up with leftovers from the transfer portal and next year looks no better or worse than this year. That first 40-point loss is going to sting badly. I hope it doesn't happen, but I fully expect it will.

Beats having a meltdown prematurely before anything bad has even happened

We are where we are and there could be thousands of possible outcomes before the end of this month

Let's just see what happens

I can see the two sides have thoroughly dug in deeply again, and we aren’t even a week into the hire. A little more middle of the road would be great, but that evades the world in general these days. We don’t know the roster yet, we don’t know the staff yet, and we haven’t seen her coach a game here. Nobody on here knows how things will go. I think questions in both directions are fair, but all these proclamations one way or another seem very premature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back