2024 Transfer Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Daherdboy here. First time poster. Big Marshall fan and especially Olympic Sports fan. Always sat on the first row behind the WBB bench during games.
Just want to pass on some info. about what the Tennessee fans have to look forward to with Kim Caldwell as the new coach. She's the real deal, a hard
worker and treats her players right. Now, it will take some time to get this new offense and defense in place and running smooth.

First is conditioning the team. Players would be ahead of the game to start before the fall to get in shape, and I mean the best shape of their lives.
Kim will tell the players that they will hate her in the beginning of the season but love her at the end of the season. Once in shape learning the
"Organized Confusion" style of defense and "Helter Skelter" offense will look a little odd at first but when its right, it will all make sense.

The fans will need Patience with this new team. I know Tennessee fans want to win every game but the first few games will be a "Work in Progress" until
it all starts to click with the players. Now, the substitution pattern of 2-3 minutes on and off the court may seem a little odd for basketball but after the
players "Buy In" to the style and are giving 110% effort for that 2-3 minutes, they will be ready for a quick catch your breath, sip of water, towel to the face
and back into the game. That's how Kim's team can keep a fresh 5 on the court all the time.

Marshall had only one player 6' 1"....,, the rest were shorter (What Kim was delt with), every team was taller and Kim had to deal with it in her defense, but
she did. Should not be a problem at UT. She made average 3 point shooters good 3 point shooters, good 3 point shooters better 3 point shooters, and
better 3 point shooters great 3 point shooters.

Once the team "Gets It" in the new Offense and Defense, you will know it. No opponent will be use to this style of play and they will try to prepare for it
in a few days, but it's easier said than done. No one will be in better shape than Tennessee. By the middle of the 3rd quarter most team will start to wilt
and will have to sub in second line players. UT will still be fresh with their Race Horse Style of Basketball. It's an enjoyable game to watch when it run
correctly. Now, if teams start moving out and guarding the 3 point shooters, that leaves a lot of open space inside for the bigs to be able to work.
Having at least 2 good ball handling guards is a must to run this offense and to start the trapping defense and of course 3 point shooters.

So, there's a quick and dirty overview of Marshall's last year offense and defense.

I will be looking for UT to be on TV so I can watch them run teams off the floor like The Herd did.
Thanks!

Hey! Movement!

I saw more tweets that said UConn is both in and not in contact with Olsen. Personally I don't want her at UConn. Not that she's not very good, we just have other needs. That would be a huge get for Syracuse though, I hope they get her. She'd be a star there. Definitely an immediate starter with a lot of freedom to shoot a lot.

Also apparently there's going to be some earth shattering portal news in the next 24hrs ...

I saw more tweets that said UConn is both in and not in contact with Olsen. Personally I don't want her at UConn. Not that she's not very good, we just have other needs. That would be a huge get for Syracuse though, I hope they get her. She'd be a star there. Definitely an immediate starter with a lot of freedom to shoot a lot.

Also apparently there's going to be some earth shattering portal news in the next 24hrs ...

I will break it now. It is actually a two-parter.

Caitlin Clark has decided to take her Covid season and is transferring to Tennessee.

Also, the NCAA will announce that Rickea Jackson falls under the Zaay Green endless eligibility rule and will be returning to Tennessee for four more seasons.

You heard it here first .....

Last edited:
I will break it now. It is actually a two-parter.

Catilin Clark has decided to take her covid season and is transferring to Tennessee.

Also, the NCAA will announce that Rickea Jackson falls under the Zaay Green rule and will be returning to Tennessee for four more seasons.

You heard it hear first.....
Come on now, that would really make me hate y'all. 😂 😂

Watching some film she seemed to get up and down the court pretty well. Also, elevated enough to block shots. A few of the top college teams had some heavier girls that were very effective. Maybe she isn't right for a pressing/running team though.

Reactions: Special Ed
I don't have any specific news but thought it would be good to have a thread just on this topic. One name mentioned is Gracie Merkle at Bellermine. Not sure if she is in the portal but tall girl with good scoring and rebound stats. Sure hope all our current players stay.
Please add a question mark to your thread title. "Transfer portal news?"

If people show up expecting news they might get agitated when they discover you're requesting news. Kinda like you'd feel if the ATM machine asked you to put in money instead of your card.

Thanks for the info on Merkle. Having observed Charles Barkley's entire career, size is not an automatic dismissal.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I would say she has never been in contact with many of what Hoopgurlz says is their top 100. Why would she any of them looking at Marshall as a school pick? I am sure they were recruiting more in state and trying to get the best players they could that way. I don't know what the new coaches plans are for recruiting JMO I would stay with Williams give her a special title like Recruiting Coach etc. and let her work all the contacts she has developed. Unless she has someone better in mind and not another Marshall Assistant.
Im with you on this SAM and JOY needs to stay they were not the problem when it came to recruiting the closer was and one thing i can say about Caldwell she gives no nonsense and is a good saleman.....those assistant positions need to be home runs

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back