2024 Transfer Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
They have gotten overlooked to an extent but the roster that Baylor has built with multiple key pieces through the portal is certainly a winning formula. These players weren’t the biggest names either and had limited consistent team success at their former schools. Tennessee can’t expect to nor need to focus on signing one or two big name players out of the portal. Find good players that can raise their game at Tennessee and will commit to getting back to competing for championships.
I don't completely disagree, but if Baylor and their nice pieces lose this game close, that's pretty much the exact same boat UT is in right now...only one step further in the tournament bc they beat a depleted VA Tech with no Kitley...nice pieces and some almost big wins...big wins going to the teams with the big names...sigh

I don't completely disagree, but if Baylor and their nice pieces lose this game close, that's pretty much the exact same boat UT is in right now...only one step further in the tournament bc they beat a depleted VA Tech with no Kitley...nice pieces and some almost big wins...big wins going to the teams with the big names...sigh
Great point, and exactly what turned out to happen.

Reactions: 1reVOLver

I think with a full season under her belt Destinee Wells would have became a factor for Tennessee. Tennessee could’ve went deeper with a full roster. I wonder where other teams would be if they had their most athletic player forced to redshirt and one of the teams top PGs out for most of the season. Tennessee has name players in Tamari Key and Jewel Spear. Destinee Wells, Jillian Hollingshead, Sara Puckett, Talaysia Cooper, and Kaniya Boyd solidify the core returning. I would say if there is a chance to land a top player in the portal then seal the deal. But playing team basketball and building a roster where there are multiple scoring options is a winning formula. The thing with Talaysia Cooper and Kaniya Boyd is they can finish at the rim. Boyd is one of few HS players that I have watched finish at the rim with both hands and attacks the rim with authority.

Reactions: Fluzzle and Lucy
So I have been wondering what folks think the impact will be on recruiting when, at the end of next/this year, both the Covid extra year players and the normal senior class players i.e. the first class that doesn’t have a covid year, exit the stage. What percentage of kids who have a covid year took it. How many had a red shirt year too (like Tess)? What percentage of players will be done with their eligibility, surely higher than a standard 25% and does that mean teams will carry a smaller roster or will we go deeper in the 2024/2025 class to get a normal size roster. Will this impact P5 or mid major schools more or no big deal for anyone?

So I have been wondering what folks think the impact will be on recruiting when, at the end of next/this year, both the Covid extra year players and the normal senior class players i.e. the first class that doesn’t have a covid year, exit the stage. What percentage of kids who have a covid year took it. How many had a red shirt year too (like Tess)? What percentage of players will be done with their eligibility, surely higher than a standard 25% and does that mean teams will carry a smaller roster or will we go deeper in the 2024/2025 class to get a normal size roster. Will this impact P5 or mid major schools more or no big deal for anyone?
We’re losing a whole class… it will effect everyone

I think Key will come back so she can show she is healthy can run the floor block shots without fouling, and play offense out to 10-12 feet. She would be a real asset to the team and help her basketball future.

This will be her 4th school. Hard no. She’s barely averaged better than 2 points a game and obviously has issues sticking with a team. Started at Syracuse —> USF —> Oregon. Three quality teams and she didn’t make an impact on any of them.

6’2” players averaging one rebound and 40 shots from three at 17% are not it. These forwards who think they’re guards really do need to wake up.

Last edited:
This will be her 4th school. Hard no. She’s barely averaged better than 2 points a game and obviously has issues sticking with a team. Started at Syracuse —> USF —> Oregon. Three quality teams and she didn’t make an impact on any of them.

6’2” players averaging one rebound and 40 shots from three at 17% are not it. These forwards who think they’re guards really do need to wake up.
It’s an epidemic

Wonder if the new coach from Kentucky will go after Gracie Merkle. I like the video I have seen. She moves well and keeps ball up high on the catch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back