2024 Transfer Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t know what rankings you are talking about but I certainly will never put credibility behind Twitter sports writers or ESPN analysts portal rankings ever again. Last season, they ranked HVL the #1 transfer and we see how that turned out. I wasn’t including Ruby Whitehorn because she hasn’t committed. Tennessee is still actively recruiting multiple players in the portal. But since you mention Ruby she is easily one of the top players in the portal.

You can not take a fan page or an ESPN analyst portal list as accurate.

Ruby Whitehorn was a 5-star W ranked #15 in 2022 ESPN Hoopgurlz Top 100.

Lazaria Spearman was a 4-star F ranked #30 in 2022 ESPN Hoopgurlz Top 100.

Alyssa Latham was a 4-star F in 2023 and earned All-ACC Freshman honors in 2023-2024 at Syracuse.

Do you really think it is 25 players in the portal better than each of these players?
Again did I say they aren't good? I'm just saying they aren't on the list. And trust me I know they were four stars. I didn't need you to tell me that. I actually know women's basketball but appreciate the education cause I knew nothing about the portal recruits and commits.

Anyone else hear there were 2 recruits this weekend?

Certainly was multiple recruits. But this staff has kept it in-house and prevented the leak sources from getting insider information.

This staff knows how to get the job done. That is why certain Twitter sports writers and local journalists are not even quote tweeting that Jillian Hollingshead dunk. They aren’t promoting UT or the players. They have for years used their positions to promote their titles and self-interests only if it is convenient to them.

Can you imagine if a SC, Texas, or LSU player dunked a ball as cleanly and fluidly as Jillian did? I saw the SC player dunk video and this one by Jillian is ELITE!

Certainly was multiple recruits. But this staff has kept it in-house and prevented the leak sources from getting insider information.

This staff knows how to get the job done. That is why certain Twitter sports writers and local journalists are not even quote tweeting that Jillian Hollingshead dunk. They aren’t promoting UT of the players. They have for years used their positions to promote their titles and self-interests only if it is convenient to them.

Can you imagine if a SC, Texas, or LSU player dunked a ball as cleanly and fluidly as Jillian did? I saw the SC player dunk video and this one by Jillian is ELITE!
Oh I totally agree haha… we need more elite socials than we do and keeping quiet til we get it is definitely the best. Weed out the rats as they say 😂

I don’t know what rankings you are talking about but I certainly will never put credibility behind Twitter sports writers or ESPN analysts portal rankings ever again. Last season, they ranked HVL the #1 transfer and we see how that turned out. I wasn’t including Ruby Whitehorn because she hasn’t committed. Tennessee is still actively recruiting multiple players in the portal. But since you mention Ruby she is easily one of the top players in the portal.

Alyssa Latham was a 4-star F in 2023 and earned All-ACC Freshman honors in 2023-2024 at Syracuse.

Do you really think it is 25 players in the portal better than each of these players?
You got a laugh out of me.
On the one hand, you denigrate ESPN, and their portal list. Then, in the next 2 sentences, you list Whitehorn's and Spearman's ESPN rankings, in their top 100 listings, as evidence of their ability.
Which is it, can you trust them or not ? If you can't trust them, then why use them to buttress your position ?

You got a laugh out of me.
On the one hand, you denigrate ESPN, and their portal list. Then, in the next 2 sentences, you list Whitehorn's and Spearman's ESPN rankings, in their top 100 listings, as evidence of their ability.
Which is it, can you trust them or not ? If you can't trust them, then why use them to buttress your position ?
I don’t trust them personally, they have their own agenda and I’ve seen it first hand last season.

Oh I totally agree haha… we need more elite socials than we do and keeping quiet til we get it is definitely the best. Weed out the rats as they say 😂

They somewhere punching the air watching that Jillian Hollingshead dunk video.

One thing it does show is that these returning players are in the gym putting in work.

I don’t trust them personally, they have their own agenda and I’ve seen it first hand last season.

I don’t trust the rankings. That point remains. For that poster like the one that is always posting nonsense, common sense for some folks ain’t too common.. just because I reference the rankings from ESPN does not mean I’m validating everything they publish.

First of all, every person that follows sports know that Charlie Crème does not rate HS prospects. So just because posters try to post deception to get a point across does not make it stick.

I have said before the way I view ranking services including ESPN
It is still what people use to rank players.

So the point was if they aren’t Top 25 transfers now they were certainly Top Prospects coming out of HS and each of them have had success in college.

Common sense for some folks at too common.. just because I reference the post does not mean I think it is credible. I have said before the way I view ranking services. It is still what people use to rank players. So the point was if they aren’t Top 25 transfers now they were certainly Top Prospects coming out of HS and each of them have had success in college.
Lol. That got an even bigger laugh out of me.
"just because I reference the post does not mean I think it is credible"
You mentioned "common sense" , but I had trouble deciphering what you meant.
(sic) "Common sense for some folks at too common.."
Question. Do you think the ESPN Hoopgurlz Top 100 list is credible ?

Reactions: 1reVOLver and glv98
Rankings from 2 years ago probably shows possible potential. And potential is the most overused word in sports. A lot can happen in 2 years and I am more interested in their “performance”. Based on their recent performance, I think we will be okay this year. I am not saying final 4 or conference champs. Probably around 4th or 5th in conference with the ability to have a couple upsets, but we could be upset a couple times also.
It will be an interesting year.

No she wasn’t. And don’t go posting one of those Twitter fan lists or ESPN list by Crème as if it is proof. Every single college sports analyst and commentator leading into the WBB season had HVL as the top transfer. You know this but come on this forum with a few others to play politics and stir up controversy with posters that do not agree with you.

This staff knows how to get the job done. That is why certain Twitter sports writers and local journalists are not even quote tweeting that Jillian Hollingshead dunk. They aren’t promoting UT or the players. They have for years used their positions to promote their titles and self-interests only if it is convenient to them.

Rankings from 2 years ago probably shows possible potential. And potential is the most overused word in sports. A lot can happen in 2 years and I am more interested in their “performance”. Based on their recent performance, I think we will be okay this year. I am not saying final 4 or conference champs. Probably around 4th or 5th in conference with the ability to have a couple upsets, but we could be upset a couple times also.
It will be an interesting year.

Just wait… that dunk from Jillian Hollingshead put the doubters on notice.

And Coach Caldwell, Coach Lazo, and Coach Tubner in this portal handling business.

Stay tuned. GBO🍊.

Reactions: dazzleme

I’m sure these rankings you post can be believed or are they BS, I am losing track of what you tell us about rankings…thx in advance

Reactions: Knoxvol14

Oh my, someone is using rankings again to make a point in the same text where they say rankings are BS

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back