2024 Transfer Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can definitely make a player go into the portal. Lol

At this point this is just fun for me.
If by fun you mean you’re absolutely ignorant and wrong. Then you’re having a blast. You can “encourage” or “hope”, but cannot make.

You also have low reading and comprehension.

Oh, and Lol.

Reactions: Lucy
If by fun you mean you’re absolutely ignorant and wrong. Then you’re having a blast. You can “encourage” or “hope”, but cannot make.

You also have low reading and comprehension.

Oh, and Lol.

I read very well.

Glad we agree she was made to enter the portal.

You can definitely make a player go into the portal. Lol

At this point this is just fun for me.
You're just not getting the point. Going into the portal means the student-athlete is looking for another school at which to play. While a coach can suggest all of the things that have been suggested here to let a player know she is not going to play in the new system, that coach cannot make the student-athlete go to another school to continue playing basketball, which is what entering the portal means to accomplish. That is a personal choice of the student-athlete and only the student-athlete.

Jim

You're just not getting the point. Going into the portal means the student-athlete is looking for another school at which to play. While a coach can suggest all of the things that have been suggested here to let a player know she is not going to play in the new system, that coach cannot make the student-athlete go to another school to continue playing basketball, which is what entering the portal means to accomplish. That is a personal choice of the student-athlete and only the student-athlete.

Jim
Thank you.

As far as current roster, Tess announced she was staying after CKC was hired. Meaning the new coach approved her staying. If Tess is staying with coach's blessing, I can't imagine Sara doesn't also have the green light to stay. Some of ya'll are going to be disappointed that the current roster doesn't flip more than you wanted.
For that same reason, the speculation that Karo was asked to leave or made to leave, does not seem likely. If there is a role for Tess in CKC's system, Karo would definitely have a place.

One player in the portal (so far) does not look like CKC is going on a house cleaning rampage. It seems likely that Karo made the decision to leave.

I hope Sara stays. I think she has good upside and in a team that takes more threes, should could really thrive.

Jim
it’s semantics….. they are told to get in the portal…. they get in the portal.

Reactions: Eric Viesturs
For that same reason, the speculation that Karo was asked to leave or made to leave, does not seem likely. If there is a role for Tess in CKC's system, Karo would definitely have a place.

One player in the portal (so far) does not look like CKC is going on a house cleaning rampage. It seems likely that Karo made the decision to leave.

I hope Sara stays. I think she has good upside and in a team that takes more threes, should could really thrive.
She told Karo she would miss her and was in the second row at the softball game go it looks like she is intent on staying right now. Still two weeks to go and things can change she looks solid to stay right now.

Reactions: glv98

Sara is not the one I think should leave, but I can think of a few that should.

Jim

For most D1 sports, scholarships are technically have to be renewed year to year. At power 5 football and men's b-ball schools, however, scholarships are usually guaranteed for four years.

Is the 4-year guarantee the norm for LVs b-ball? I am guessing in this hyper=competitive recruiting market, these offers would have to be which of course means, that entering the portal would be at the athlete's discretion.

Reactions: Raebo

At least to me, Puckett and Jill are the only two I could maaaaybe see leaving. Tess and Jewel have said they’re staying. Destinee and Avery are with Latham at the softball game.

Looked at the stats and some video and Latham, Spearman and King all look like the would be very good gets. Most especially King. Good combo w King having only one year but the others two yrs. Latham and Spearman would both really need to work on ft shooting.

Spearman, King and Nye would be an awesome haul. Latham if we don't get King and/or Nye.

Not sold on Dwyer. Not an upgrade over Wells even w the little we know about Wells fm last yr. Much rather have McQueen, though not that high on her. IMO portal pg still TBD.
Agree I agree with you about Dwyer. And I wonder if that’s why she’s pushed out a little later on the schedule. Whereas she made a sweet pass on that one video I posted, her ball handling skills looked a little tentative.

Who is this King everybody’s posting about? I must’ve missed one of those earlier posts. Thanks!

Reactions: glv98
I believe with as comfortably as Karo shot threes she could have gotten a lot more opportunities to put ‘em up under Kim’s system. Man, she really shocked opponents a bunch of times being a big who could hit from deep. That was a huge asset, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back