2024 Transfer Portal Thread

Just wondering where you are getting that Dubar is a plus defender? He has the 2nd lowest defensive rating on his team per EvanMiya.com. Carlos, who is rated as the best, was on the CAA all defensive team. So the rating would seem to be somewhat accurate.

View attachment 634800
But Sports-Reference has him as the best rated defender on his team.

Attachments

• IMG_8731.jpeg
    IMG_8731.jpeg
    174.1 KB · Views: 11
Anyone else hearing the Saint Thomas rumblings ...... .... .. we do have a Knechtion with a Saint! Let's Go Vols🍊🍊🍊

Last edited:
Reactions: SoilVol
Just wondering where you are getting that Dubar is a plus defender? He has the 2nd lowest defensive rating on his team per EvanMiya.com. Carlos, who is rated as the best, was on the CAA all defensive team. So the rating would seem to be somewhat accurate.

View attachment 634800
Miya has DK as the 153rd rated player in the country. I'd use his stuff with a few tons of caution.

Barttorvik and sports reference both have him a bit higher on the team as far as main rotation guys goes…I’m not suggesting he’s Mashack, but he’s by no means considered a “bad defender”. His defensive analytics numbers are also better than Knecht’s were which was part of my point.
His highlight reel had some pretty filthy blocks

This is a bummer. Sounds like he’s been trying to politely back out of visiting, but Davis is putting the claw on him.
Screams desperation. Tyson wanted to cancel his visit it seems like, so does this mean he was close to just choosing Tennessee? I’m not sure but it is irritating knowing we had all the momentum and then Davis just goes and eats dinner with him. Will it really make that much of a difference?

We reached out to Rutgers big Cliff Omoruyi, Somto Cyril, JCJ from MTSU, and Igor Milicic Jr from Charlotte... That's 4 bigs for sure that we've contacted.

JP Estrella will prolly follow suit his soph season with minutes similar to Awaka & Aidoo soph mins anywhere between (13-18 mpg)
Why not Ballo? Maybe they should reach out to the #10 ranked guy in the portal 😝

You know, it's hard to keep 13 guys happy in the new NIL/transfer world. I'm not sure we wouldn't be better off to stop short of 13. Save the scholarship, less guys to keep happy....🤷‍♂️
Yeah then a couple of ppl get hurt, then what? Better use them all. If someone is gonna leave they’re gone. It’ll happen every year as long as nothing is done to change things.

Apparently Tyson is having dinner with Hubert Davis in Nashville tonight. Doesn’t seem great.
Well, could take this as a good sign since Hubert made a special trip to secure a visit on campus. Time will tell. Tyson is my # 1 in this transfer portal class. He can give us 2 years and probably no worse than a # 2 scoring option for us next year. UNC wants him as a Cormac Ryan replacement basically. But Ryan was 4th option and didn't really improve from how he played at Notre Dame. Plus UNC has two 5 star wings coming in next year. I think Barnes would put the ball in his hands more often and let him score in a variety of ways and he clearly would improve as a defender at UT and benefit from S&C program.

Would you as Tyson rather play with a PG in RJ Davis who shot the ball 607 times last year and averaged 3.5 assists per game or Zeigler who shot the ball 341 times and averaged 6.1 assists per game? Unless he has a childhood love for UNC, it seems pretty clear who he should choose as a scorer. No doubt, UNC has a much better hoops tradition than UT. Hope we can overcome the home state draw. Will be tough decision for the young man regardless.

Koby Brea would be a good guy to go after if you can’t get Tyson. Dude was 100/201 from 3 this past season. Hes 6’6” over 200 pounds and he’s probably as athletic as Tyson. I would be interested to see if we go after him if we miss out on Tyson.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain

VN Store

Back