2024 Transfer Portal Thread

I’m not saying anything about the quality of next year’s team. I’m talking about the state of college athletics being at a point that young adults who have had major accomplishments, like winning an SEC title, can’t even really enjoy it or get the recognition they deserve anymore because the way this sport is run has changed drastically.
You think "Freddie, Tobe, Aidoo, and DJ" (#2,376) were forced out? And denied permission to attend today?

And you also think that "the way this sport is run" is the cause of them being forced out?

It’s definitely a little recency bias, but the fact that he has 2 years of eligibility left is another big plus to Awaka. The big downside (and it’s a massive on) is Aidoo is 10x the rim protector that Awaka is.
That's what makes Aidoo better.

You think "Freddie, Tobe, Aidoo, and DJ" (#2,376) were forced out? And denied permission to attend today?

And you also think that "the way this sport is run" is the cause of them being forced out?

Did I say they were forced out? They made their decision. It happened. I don’t have to agree with their decision. But I also don’t have to like the state of college athletics we are in that basically encourages and facilitates the revolving door of players and ruins moments like this.

Did I say they were forced out? They made their decision. It happened. I don’t have to agree with their decision. But I also don’t have to like the state of college athletics we are in that basically encourages and facilitates the revolving door of players and ruins moments like this.
You absolutely did imply that the four players were forced out when you declared that "the state of athletics" (not their choices) was the cause of them leaving. Let's examine that. If it was not their choice, and if also they were compelled by a cause ["because"], then they were forced out, according to your account. Either by the team. Or by some omnipotent if nebulous "state of affairs."

Moreover, I did not say that you said they were forced out. I asked you if they you think they were forced out, since it was the only logical and non-contradictory interpretation of what you did said. You know better than what you're letting on by asking me that.

And, behold, as a result of my benefaction, you finally come to see, or at least admit, that it was their decision. You are upset that they are leaving (which all of us are, I suppose), and you are blaming or scapegoating some grand cause. And the "portal drama" that you blamed as a cause earlier is not synonymous with free young men making free choices. "Portal drama," rather, is another name for what you are doing. Portal drama didn't happen to you.

You absolutely did imply that the four players were forced out when you declared that "the state of athletics" (not their choices) was the cause of them leaving. Let's examine that. If it was not their choice, and if also they were compelled by a cause ["because"], then they were forced out, according to your account. Either by the team. Or by some omnipotent if nebulous "state of affairs."

Moreover, I did not say that you said they were forced out. I asked you if they you think they were forced out, since it was the only logical and non-contradictory interpretation of what you did said. You know better than what you're letting on by asking me that.

And, behold, as a result of my benefaction, you finally come to see, or at least admit, that it was their decision. You are upset that they are leaving (which all of us are, I suppose), and you are blaming or scapegoating some grand cause. And the "portal drama" that you blamed as a cause earlier is not synonymous with free young men making free choices. "Portal drama," rather, is another name for what you are doing. Portal drama didn't happen to you.

Okay, man. Whatever. You took a fairly benign post about the transfer portal era of college athletics not being great and took exception with it for whatever reason. Everyone else understood what I was saying. No idea why you took it so personally.

Your dissertation seems to have a lot of hard hours of angst and consternation in it, but I think you missed his original intent.

I think you’re seeing Barnes and staff continue to transition more a modern style which includes a 5 that can play in space and stretch the floor.

For sure hope that’s the case.

Mostly for those not familiar, Igor may play the 5 here because of his height but he’s not a traditional back to the basket 5.

Exciting athlete and I’d love to have him!

More and more video I watch of Tyson, the more I like him as a 6th man catch a shoot guy...he is not even close to DK in athletic ability but he is very stiff....needs some flexibility and coordination training...but he does have a great BB IQ..and instincts....
A top 10 of , I take it any day

ZZ
Mashack
Dunbar
Igor
Awaka

Tyson
Lanier
JP
Carr
Phillips

Okay, man. Whatever. You took a fairly benign post about the transfer portal era of college athletics not being great and took exception with it for whatever reason. Everyone else understood what I was saying. No idea why you took it so personally.
I am just tired of all the catastrophizing. Today was a great fun day for our teams, and everything good about it was eclipsed by the same old sad-sack complaining and overreaction. We also received good reason to suspect good news on both the roster retention and new acquistion fronts today. It's not one post: it's a long train of posts. It's unremitting negativity. I chose the post because it was just another rehash of the same old tiresome complaining in place of seeing what is good and right in front of our faces.

Moreover, I dispute your take on the portal situation. Barnes, Vitello, and Heupel have all done a fantastic job of negotiating the portal space, with the result that the portal has been an absolute advantage for all three programs. That's what I'm seeing. You are the one taking every bit of news personally. I didn't take it personally at all.

More and more video I watch of Tyson, the more I like him as a 6th man catch a shoot guy...he is not even close to DK in athletic ability but he is very stiff....needs some flexibility and coordination training...but he does have a great BB IQ..and instincts....
A top 10 of , I take it any day

ZZ
Mashack
Dunbar
Igor
Awaka

Tyson
Lanier
JP
Carr
Phillips
That's a darn good basketball squad. Let's see if we can make it happen

Keep bringing the news, @Stoerner Fumbles. So much looks promising in your reports. It's a good day.

In your estimation, do you think we will come out with a net improvement as a result of all of the portal moves and countermoves? Would you agree that the portal has been a net plus for us under Barnes?

VN Store

Back