2024 Transfer Portal Thread

"Not a whiff" by the staff? How? Lol they took a swing, didn't they? And if they didn't make contact...

Sounds like a whiff to me.
They didn’t offer cookies. The Deacon did…….but the real deal buster was Weigels Milk to go with the cookie. GAME ! SET! MATCH !!

Last edited:
Board meltdown.
CLARIFICATION- a possible overreaction by a subset of agenda driven emotionally challenged folks who like to see themselves type.

If you see a response that interests you, search this thread by their handle to quantify their objectivity and rationality before you join them in the sad place.

Reactions: sami and Nuctech777
I think there are a lot of individuals on this board that owe BTO and SF apologies. Especially if we get Lanier this weekend like they said we would all along. The hostility showed towards them before a decision was even made was ridiculous. They come in here with really good information and most of the time it’s accurate. When they miss it’s not because they didn’t know something, but because something changed. Just like during this entire process! In the end though everyone else is eating crow that called them out and bad mouthed them. I for one thank BTO and SF for their information, and their large amount of patience that they all must possess for putting up with some of y’all’s crap.

Still need to close with Lanier, but since Barnes got screwed with Yuri Collins he's really tackled portal effectively. They identify players they want really early and generally know who will and won't fit their culture. I know retirement is probably going to come sometime in next few years but I'm going to enjoy portal Barnes era. It's good mix of developing young talent and bringing in transfers to fit specific needs.

I think there are a lot of individuals on this board that owe BTO and SF apologies. Especially if we get Lanier this weekend like they said we would all along. The hostility showed towards them before a decision was even made was ridiculous. They come in here with really good information and most of the time it’s accurate. When they miss it’s not because they didn’t know something, but because something changed. Just like during this entire process! In the end though everyone else is eating crow that called them out and bad mouthed them. I for one thank BTO and SF for their information, and their large amount of patience that they all must possess for putting up with some of y’all’s crap.
Do you really think those people will be adult enough to a) apologize and b) learn from their mistake?

Spoiler alert….no and no.

But you’re exactly right.

Do you really think those people will be adult enough to a) apologize and b) learn from their mistake?

Spoiler alert….no and no.

But you’re exactly right.
The problem is these individuals listen to lots of "insiders". They will take notes on what SF and BTO post. Then listen to TB and the guy that talks like he has a mouth full of marbles and take notes. Then go on Twitter chase Trilly Donovan down take notes. Then compare then decide what to bitch about, it's science.

Last edited:
You guys are setting yourselves up to be massively disappointed when Lanier doesn't come. Don't do this to yourselves. Haven't we learned by now??

VN Store

Back