2024 Transfer Portal Thread

I’d rather just keep the scholly open if we end up falling to him in the pecking order.
If something happens to ZZ, you got to have someone that is a true pg. They don't want another 2022-23 season ending. Teams will press and try to wear Chaz down if you put him at point full time. Your only other options are Mashack, Gainey, or Boswell (the staff obviously doesn't believe he is ready).

Last edited:

“Last season 49.4% of Jonas Aidoo’s FGA came “at the rim” (within 4.5 feet), he shot 66.9% on those attempts. Compare that to Felix Okpara in which 73.4% of his FGA were “at the rim” & he shot 69.4% on those attempts.

Aidoo attempted a combined 83 shots in the midrange/3-PT, Okpara attempted a combined 18.”

Last I saw Hammond was visiting Virginia Tech today and then going to Tennessee after. At what point I don’t know. Whether he comes this weekend or what. Hopefully he gives us a chance, because he is a Virginia kid.
Nah, Hammond visited Virginia tech Sunday. Wouldn’t be shocked if he visited this weekend.

@bleedingTNorange says he 1000% a Vol and he’s willing to cut off a body part of he’s wrong. He’s said it multiple times.
So multiple body parts are in play? That's quite the interesting scenario. I think we should let VN posters vote on which parts and in what order. Yeah...I kinda like that idea. Dibs on the first pick.

Reactions: NighthawkVol
A couple of other things I wonder about:

1) Will Barnes try to fix the hitch in Dubar’s shot to make it quicker? Or do you just leave it alone?
2) Will Barnes try to adjust Lanier’s shot so his release is higher? Or do you leave that alone?
Good questions. As coaches and teachers of the game, it would be appropriate to discuss the shooting technique with each player and let the players decide for themselves. As seniors, may be best to leave enough alone, but it should be discussed. I think Dubar given his size/height it is less of an issue in my opinion. He can speed up that wind up motion he has, and when he is in the paint he does elevate shot and releases early. I think Lanier's shot would be more complicated to adjust. It's quick enough but he needs space to get it off because it is such a low release.

Other immediate questions I would have (assuming we get Lanier as well) are:
1) Who is going to provide you any post offense?
2) Who is going to generate fouls and get easier pts from the FT line? DK was decent at that despite being primarily a permeter player. Really none of the portal guys shoot many FTs historically.

Reactions: NighthawkVol

VN Store

Back