2024 Transfer Portal Thread

From a reliable poster on VQ: Chaz Lanier has been telling people in Nashville for a while that he would be a Vol unless draft prospects came back better than he was expecting.
Hope it’s true because he’s honestly my biggest want. He would immediately be our biggest offensive weapon.

Yes he can get that shot off against anyone... He played against SEC competition last year as well, getting that shot off and creating shots... He has an underrated handle as well that would give Ziegler a lot of help handling the ball

Edit: he also has underrated athleticism and explosiveness... He will be just fine
You seem so confident, but I don't understand why by going off of one good season.

We've had guys transfer in that shot really well for a season. Jordam Gainey was 49% from three his freshman year. Tyreke Key had a season at Indianna St he shot 44% from three. Victor Bailey Jr shot 39.8% from 3 at Oregone the year before he transferred here.

At least with DK, he shot 39% from 3 at both JUCO and N. Colorado.

But my point is, while I would be happy with the addition of Lanier, there is not much to go off of. Its a different adjustment to play conference games on the road in this league and maintain good shooting performances.

I'd prefer a guy with multiple seasons of high performance, like Cade Tyson who shot above 40% from 3 for two seasons.

Didn’t we just do the whole sure thing with Okpara?
I mean yeah but we’re talking about one of the most efficient players in college basketball. I’d say he has a lot more interest than Okpara. If we get him to visit this weekend then I will be 100% sold that he’s coming here. Maryland fans are nearly as confident as us that’s what makes me wonder if we should be as confident

I mean yeah but we’re talking about one of the most efficient players in college basketball. I’d say he has a lot more interest than Okpara. If we get him to visit this weekend then I will be 100% sold that he’s coming here. Maryland fans are nearly as confident as us that’s what makes me wonder if we should be as confident
Wasn’t Dubar also on that list?? Maryland fans haven’t been talking about him for 3 months though have they?

I'm no basketball coach, but from watching his highlight tape, doesn't it look like Lanier shoots from his chest. Will he be able to get off shots like that against tougher competition? Is thatPlus he only had one really good year.

Don't get me wrong, I'll be happy to have him. But I think we may need to cool off some of the hype.
Super quick release. Actually reminds me a Steph Curry release. Does he have a problem getting his shot off?

Probably not before an answer from Tyson, but I have a hard time seeing landing someone better than Anderson for that 10th spot.
Gotta think if Tyson waits around then we take Anderson this weekend after his visit. I think playing at a school his mom used to be at would be very cool for him, so if we want him I think he would be ours.

Super quick release. Actually reminds me a Steph Curry release. Does he have a problem getting his shot off?
I've read here on the board that he has a quick release, but when I watch he seems to pull the ball into his chest then out. Not exactly what I imagine by quick release

He okayed against 5 HM teams this year, care to share those numbers?
Yes played 5 games against P5 opponents last year. He averaged double digits. At the same time, none of the teams I believe made the NCAA tourney. They lost all 5 games by double digits and had nothing to lose. It's not the same as the pressure that goes into playing night in and night out in front of sold out conference games. There aren't many get right opportunities.

Also, I'm not saying I think he is bad. I'll be happy to add him. I'm just saying there is less to go off and I would temper expectations.

I get what you’re saying. It’s just in this day and age of NIL I’m not confident until they get to campus and we get that AP 50 cent GIF
That’s fine, you’re entitled to do what you want. Everyone wanted to panic the sky was falling and we weren’t landing anyone, I tried telling everyone to calm down and be patient. Now we’ve got folks asking if there’s enough minutes for everyone.

VN Store

Back