2024 Transfer Portal Thread

Loophole or not having fake classes that every student at the university can attend is not some advantage and I wouldnā€™t call it cheating considering itā€™s not some athletic advantageā€¦I took a lot of dumb easy classes in college because you have to as part of your undergrad.

Also screw the corrupt ncaa, ppl like Will Wade should be banned from coaching again. That is a true verified cheaterā€¦
Absolutely agree on Will Wade and you can add Bill Self to that list too. But as for NC, whether those classes were for regular students or athletes, their academic integrity as an institution is compromised. (I donā€™t know about you but there certainly werenā€™t any fake classes in the biology and chemistry buildings where I spent most of my time. Wish there had been.)

At the end of the day, if NC had fake classes for athletes and other schools did not, then in my view thatā€™s cheating. Really donā€™t care what the NCAA had to say. It was typical protection for one of the sacred cows.

Barnes on Awaka: ā€œBut Tobe obviously, you know, we all respect him and love him for what he did for us. But if he feels heā€™s got to go through the process, he needs to do it. But with that said, weā€™re not waiting, because weā€™re going to move forward and build this roster as quickly as we can.ā€

Good on Rick! No single player can hold a school hostage while they figure out whatā€™s best for them. Thereā€™s going to be some big losers in this environment and the stories need to be told so these guys think twice about jumping in.

Further down in that thread the poster said something to the effect of it would be big news when that person hits the portal.

I have a wild guess (or maybe hope - to be clear, no inside information) but thatā€™s what he said.

Loophole or not having fake classes that every student at the university can attend is not some advantage and I wouldnā€™t call it cheating considering itā€™s not some athletic advantageā€¦I took a lot of dumb easy classes in college because you have to as part of your undergrad.

Also screw the corrupt ncaa, ppl like Will Wade should be banned from coaching again. That is a true verified cheaterā€¦
You took completely fake classes?

Letā€™s be honest, we all know the classes were only made available to ā€œall students wink winkā€ was so they would be able to have plausible deniability. Those ā€œclassesā€ were for the athletes.

Letā€™s be honest, we all know the classes were only made available to ā€œall students wink winkā€ was so they would be able to have plausible deniability. Those ā€œclassesā€ were for the athletes.
And if ā€œall studentsā€ could take them, what does that say about their esteemed academic ā€œexcellenceā€? Itā€™s a joke either way. I think itā€™s more along the lines of your description. Wink, wink.

Everybody knows that all schools have Advanced Basket Weaving or Underwater BB Stacking 101 for athletes. But if you have entirely fake classes that athletes can use, that is an advantage over schools that donā€™t. No other way for me to look at it.

Itā€™s been over 20 years probably, but SI or ESPN the magazine used to ask various athlete random questions, and if you saw Rasheed Wallaceā€™s answers to those questions, youā€™d know with no doubt that dude wasnā€™t going to any real classes.

Reactions: LaagerVol

And if ā€œall studentsā€ could take them, what does that say about their esteemed academic ā€œexcellenceā€? Itā€™s a joke either way. I think itā€™s more along the lines of your description. Wink, wink.

Everybody knows that all schools have Advanced Basket Weaving or Underwater BB Stacking 101 for athletes. But if you have entirely fake classes that athletes can use, that is an advantage over schools that donā€™t. No other way for me to look at it.
Lol yes I had to take electives in my undergrad where I thought ā€œwhy the hell is this a classā€

And Delmar I donā€™t have any skin in this game I could care less what UNC fans think of their university academically, and I agree and I think they would even have to agree that it was an embarrassing moment for them in that regard

Lol yes I had to take electives in my undergrad where I thought ā€œwhy the hell is this a classā€

And Delmar I donā€™t have any skin in this game I could care less what UNC fans think of their university academically, and I agree and I think they would even have to agree that it was an embarrassing moment for them in that regard
NM

Last edited:

VN Store

Back