#77 Derrion Reid-UOV
#86 Jayden Williams-UOVx2
#88 Del Jones -UOV
#94 Jordan McCullum
#95 Jasheem Felto
#112 Doryan Onwuchekwa
NR Jaye Nash

Last edited:
Nowell, Swartz and Jayden Williams are the 3, I want and have the most realistic chance to get. All about the 2 unofficial visits, imo. Plus, that official visit taken by Nowell, while both Swartz and Williams were on campus, iIrc. I know bTo will correct me if I'm wrong

“I’m talking with Tennessee and Notre Dame. Alabama has been talking to me about setting one up,” McCarty said.

Tennessee: “The way they play stands out to me. Their guards have a lot of freedom there. Coach (Rick) Barnes is an amazing coach, and his assistant coach GP (Gregg Polinsky)has been great. They have been recruiting me really hard.”

I’m looking for a family environment, a home feel. This decision for me is bigger than basketball, I want to play for someone that I can talk to about anything, no matter what. I’m a big education guy, so they have to offer what I want to major in; biochemistry.

“I’m talking with Tennessee and Notre Dame. Alabama has been talking to me about setting one up,” McCarty said.

Tennessee: “The way they play stands out to me. Their guards have a lot of freedom there. Coach (Rick) Barnes is an amazing coach, and his assistant coach GP (Gregg Polinsky)has been great. They have been recruiting me really hard.”

I’m looking for a family environment, a home feel. This decision for me is bigger than basketball, I want to play for someone that I can talk to about anything, no matter what. I’m a big education guy, so they have to offer what I want to major in; biochemistry.
Hey my degree from UT is in biochemistry. Good man

Reactions: Volprofch05

Has good things to say about Tennessee and is a big fan of Rod Clark. Obviously has two teammates (Carr and Phillips) headed to Tennessee. The style of play he's looking for doesn't seem to match up with us, however. He likes a high tempo with a lot of pace that gets up and down the court, quickly.

Reactions: berryvol
Has good things to say about Tennessee and is a big fan of Rod Clark. Obviously has two teammates (Carr and Phillips) headed to Tennessee. The style of play he's looking for doesn't seem to match up with us, however. He likes a high tempo with a lot of pace that gets up and down the court, quickly.
Not sure where he’s at on Tennessee board, gonna be a very small fall class and I would presume Nowell & Swartz are currently 1A & 1B right now.

Reactions: Volfan1000
Anybody know if there are any basketball recruits possibly visiting Tennessee on the Memorial Day weekend?

Thanks for any information.

Kim English jumping in pool with the big dogs now he will be successful I think
I hope he does extremely well, and I hope that he ends up being Barnes successor when he retires. He’s young, smart, and has a lot of upside. Fans would be excited about a Kim English hire if he does well with Providence.

I hope he does extremely well, and I hope that he ends up being Barnes successor when he retires. He’s young, smart, and has a lot of upside. Fans would be excited about a Kim English hire if he does well with Providence.

Been saying this for a while now. English is the answer once Barnes leaves.

If English is successful he will be the #1 target to follow Barnes. But he’ll have lots of options if he wins. He was only in Knoxville for about 2 years. He’ll need several reasons to be TN’s coach. Not having to rebuild yet another dumpster fire would be one of the biggest. Barnes needs to maintain and continue to improve the program for the rest of his tenure.

As BTO has noted, English apparently had a couple of "rough years" in Knoxville, as well. Rubbed some people the wrong way. I wouldn't assume that he becomes priority #1 when Barnes hangs up the whistle.

As BTO has noted, English apparently had a couple of "rough years" in Knoxville, as well. Rubbed some people the wrong way. I wouldn't assume that he becomes priority #1 when Barnes hangs up the whistle.

Unless he flames out at Providence, he’ll be priority/target #1 with fans. I wouldn’t agree or disagree on whether the guys with the money pulling Danny’s strings hold him in high regard.

Unless he flames out at Providence, he’ll be priority/target #1 with fans. I wouldn’t agree or disagree on whether the guys with the money pulling Danny’s strings hold him in high regard.
Oh I agree that fans who are largely out of touch with what did/didn't go on behind closed doors will view him as a priority candidate. And maybe time heals all wounds from an athletic department perspective, as well. Maybe English matures with his experience as a head man at two universities in that time.

Oh I agree that fans who are largely out of touch with what did/didn't go on behind closed doors will view him as a priority candidate. And maybe time heals all wounds from an athletic department perspective, as well. Maybe English matures with his experience as a head man at two universities in that time.

Good thing the fans have some say. Otherwise Schiano would have polluted the football program. Not that TN did any better with the hires just before Heupel.

I’m still not sure how Phil managed to weasel his way back into the mix after the Haslams pushed him out. I guess after Butch, Fulmer wasn’t expected to make things worse.

Reactions: Volfan1000
Would love to know the extent of that. Was he pushing boundaries in recruiting? Was it his attitude? Hopefully, we find out one day.

Would love to know the extent of that. Was he pushing boundaries in recruiting? Was it his attitude? Hopefully, we find out one day.

English was also here BEFORE NIL. I wonder if adding that variable would make him more or less effective at signing the top targets?

Man, I get that we love our former assistants, but none that I can think of right now deserve a HC position at a top SEC bball school (I may be forgetting someone - let me know). If they weren't former UT assistants, I'd bet their names would never come up when considering a replacement for Barnes.

We're most likely not going to have another future HOF coach land in our laps like Barnes, but more likely a very successful mid-major coach with an established pattern of winning. Something more along the lines of 5+ consecutive years of finishing top-3 in a mid-major conference. I'm speaking pretty generally, and there are other nuances as well. I'm also not trying to put words in anyone's mouth, but does a HC candidate with two years of experience finishing in 9th and 5th place in the A10 sound like the kind of guy that should be leading UT bball? Maybe Barnes is here for five more years, and maybe English tears it up in the Big East within that time, but I'd bet that both of those things happening is pretty unlikely.

VN Store

Back