2024 Target List

Looking down the road at 2024 Hamilton Heights big man Somte Cyril sits right at the top of the Vols’ board in that class. Currently ranked No. 20 in the class he has all the signs of being a five star eventually. He also has all the signs of being an intensely recruited prospect.
He’s made three unofficial visits to Tennessee this year; twice for basketball games, once for a football game, so the Vols are in the mix to be sure. But it’s going to be a battle with some heavyweights. John Calipari made the trip to go watch Cyril practice last month in Chattanooga, not something the Kentucky head coach does for a lot of sophomores.
-VQ

Updated…

#3 Tre Johnson
#6 Trentyn Flowers
#9 Elliott Cadeau
#11 Airious Bailey
#16 Paul Mcneil
#20 Isaiah Evans
#21 Somtochukwu Cyril
#45 Jalen Shelley
#28 Jahki Howard
#53 Jasheem Felton
#71 Curtis Givens
NR Doryan Onwuchekwa
NR Rodney Brown

Last edited:
I’m assuming we’re one of the 3 schools? It’s behind a pay wall.
Elliot Cadeau, the No. 1 point guard in the national 2024 class, ended last month on a high note after returning from injury. To close out the live period weekends in April, Cadeau made sure he finished off the second session of the EYBL with his New Heights Lightening team boasting a winning record.

"I have been waiting a long time to get back on the court so it feels really fun to be cleared," Cadeau said. "My goal is to fit in with my team since I have not been here and to win the rest of the summer."

As far as his recruitment goes, Cadeau says he talks to Syracuse, Tennessee, and Texas Tech the most. He says he would like to visit each program whether the coaches prefer to have him on campus for an official or unofficial visit. He discussed the three programs with 247Sports:

Tennessee: "I hear from Rod Clark. They are a really good school for guards. Their coaches make sure that their guards are playing the right way while having freedom. I talk to Zekai Zeigler a lot and he loves it over there."

-Brandon Jenkins

I’m assuming we’re one of the 3 schools? It’s behind a pay wall.
Oh crap...my bad. I read it on CBS's site and it wasn't behind a paywall. I found it on 247, afterwards, and it was. My bad. Tennessee, Syracuse, and Texas Tech. #1 PG in the 2024 class, considering a reclass to 2023. Knows ZZ, talks to him a lot, and plays in the same AAU program. Obviously, landing Awaka would help here as well, you'd think.

Reactions: Volfan1000
Oh crap...my bad. I read it on CBS's site and it wasn't behind a paywall. I found it on 247, afterwards, and it was. My bad. Tennessee, Syracuse, and Texas Tech. #1 PG in the 2024 class, considering a reclass to 2023. Knows ZZ, talks to him a lot, and plays in the same AAU program. Obviously, landing Awaka would help here as well, you'd think.

No need to apologize! You’re all good. I’m the cheap ass not paying for 247 haha. That’s great news though. If he did reclass to 2023 and we landed Justin Edwards as well…..talk about a stout core.

Reactions: cncchris33
No need to apologize! You’re all good. I’m the cheap ass not paying for 247 haha. That’s great news though. If he did reclass to 2023 and we landed Justin Edwards as well…..talk about a stout core.
Yeah, I wonder how that affects Aden Holloway, who seems to be our priority PG target in 2023?

Elliot Cadeau, the No. 1 point guard in the national 2024 class, ended last month on a high note after returning from injury. To close out the live period weekends in April, Cadeau made sure he finished off the second session of the EYBL with his New Heights Lightening team boasting a winning record.

"I have been waiting a long time to get back on the court so it feels really fun to be cleared," Cadeau said. "My goal is to fit in with my team since I have not been here and to win the rest of the summer."

As far as his recruitment goes, Cadeau says he talks to Syracuse, Tennessee, and Texas Tech the most. He says he would like to visit each program whether the coaches prefer to have him on campus for an official or unofficial visit. He discussed the three programs with 247Sports:

Tennessee: "I hear from Rod Clark. They are a really good school for guards. Their coaches make sure that their guards are playing the right way while having freedom. I talk to Zekai Zeigler a lot and he loves it over there."

-Brandon Jenkins

Already has a high 5 figure NIL deal at the high school level.

N.J.’s Elliot Cadeau becomes 1st American high school athlete to sign international NIL deal, will earn 5 figures

VN Store

Back