2024 Surprise Players

vol66

GBO!!!
Staff member
There’s one week to go, a fair sample size. Who is your surprise player/players? You can pick one, or a pitcher and a position player, however you would like, no limits or stringent guidelines.

Who has surprised you this season?

On your mark. Get set. Go.

GBO!!!

This will seem like an odd pick, but for me it's Blake Burke. Last year he simply looked totally lost at the plate and wasn't blowing me away in the field either. I really thought he'd lose his job. What he's done in the off season to improve his game, both offensively and defensively, is impressive. Can't say enough about what his hard work has meant to his game and this team.

There’s one week to go, a fair sample size. Who is your surprise player/players? You can pick one, or a pitcher and a position player, however you would like, no limits or stringent guidelines.

GBO!!!
AJ Causey. I thought he had a chance to be good, but he’s been one of our 2-3 best pitchers.

Dean Curley has also been a mild surprise.

This has been a fun team to watch for me because they have really played as a team. Everyone of the players seems to have taken their game up a notch and when given their chance they go with an attitude of not letting the team down. And no sulking if they fail.

My surprise player is Dreiling. Solid D, but has extended that power and avg lineup to the 5th batter. He has been consistent and hits well in the clutch.

Projection for next year might be Phillips. Give him a year with Frank and we may see a bit of dominance.

Kudos to all.

Blake Burke for me. He became almost unplayable in the field last year and you can tell he dedicated a lot of time to that aspect of his game. He has also been one of the most consistent hitters on the team this year after a subpar Sophomore season. Never would have predicted he would get to the longest hitting streak in program history after last year. He seems to have matured quite a bit.

Blake Burke for me. He became almost unplayable in the field last year and you can tell he dedicated a lot of time to that aspect of his game. He has also been one of the most consistent hitters on the team this year after a subpar Sophomore season. Never would have predicted he would get to the longest hitting streak in program history after last year. He seems to have matured quite a bit.
Agreed 💯
Defense went from weakness to nearly if not game saving this year.

Most Underrated: Dylan Dreiling

Dreiling doesn't need a lot of attention, seems to be super humble, and flies under the radar, but he’s a stud, super consistent, a clutch hitter, and really improved on defense. Seems like a great teammate as well!

Most Surprising: Dean Curley
Most Improved: Blake Burke
MVP: Christian Moore

GBO!!!
Stark

Reactions: StarRaider
Blake is most improved with his glove. He has come a long way and whipped himself into shape, shedding the baby fat.

On the offensive side, C-Mo's obvious hard work in the gym has paid off. His off-field power is simply lights out.

Those two from the everyday players.

Need to ponder the pitching.

Reactions: StarRaider

VN Store

Back