2024 Recruiting Thread

Home state girls who would get to play in the SEC like Jaloni Cambridge and Imari Berry. Right Majors, noble concept.

I don't think Berry had any intention on playing in the SEC. She could have been at any of the schools... she wanted no parts of it 😂

Heck, she at one point even said Uconn was her dream school and she got an offer and didn't go there. Makes you wonder why she didn't even get a chance to visit them 🤔 oh that's right her AAU coach. She was in charge of the majority of her incoming calls and visits and she ended up at Clemson?!? I don't care what she posts about it being Berrys decision... It wasn't lol

College sports are not the same as 10-20 years ago. I enjoy reading these threads.. then comparing/contrasting the dialogue on this forum with reality during the college basketball season. Most of the people identifying players based on their rankings will go silent if/once those players fail to reach the level of expectations in year 1 or year 2.
There is a sort of odd obsession on here with HS player rankings and stars.
The best freshman in WCB during the 2022-2023 season was a 2022 recruit who was the #23 rated player as a 4-star prospect.
The next best 2022 prospect was the guard from UCLA who had a strong freshman year as well.
Nothing else any freshman did stood out. I’m not against seeing young kids come into college and thrive year 1. It’s definitely part of building a solid foundation.
However, there’s absolutely no credibility or reasoning in trying to prove a point about recruiting via any avenue without acknowledging that there’s HS recruiting and the Transfer Portal.
Both are equal recruiting tools.
I said that to end by saying it’s almost unfair to these high school athletes the amount of pressure being put on them by folks who identify them based on how they are ranked out of high school.
The expectations are not realistic.

Anybody who thinks bribing kids is the way that college athletics should be conducted is crazy. And anybody who takes part
in this NIL corruption by contributing money is crazy too. It's a freakin' joke.

Reactions: Memvol44
Anybody who thinks bribing kids is the way that college athletics should be conducted is crazy. And anybody who takes part
in this NIL corruption by contributing money is crazy too. It's a freakin' joke.
It wont end well...that's for sure

So you wanted contribute to a booster that supports the athletes ? Because i'm going to tell you that's how LSU is getting these players lol. They have a successful coach but their NIL game is up and running no doubt

A little food for thought in receuiting for this year. We have one guard committed. We don't really need another with one committed next year and possibly another soon. We need a post player. There are only 4 post players in the top 100. 2025 doesn't have many either. Seems every school is pursuing the same four.
As long as there are injuries you take as many as you can. And the injuries will continue to happen.

It wont end well...that's for sure
We live in America. These athletes might be making the most money they will make in their life.

Reactions: Voluble2
2024 offers:

1. Imari Berry (13) To Clemson
2. Mikayla Blakes (10)
3. Alexandra Blue (41) To Virginia Tech
4. Kaniya Boyd (34) To Tennessee!
5. Jaloni Cambridge (3) Didn't make top 7
6. Justice Carlton (7) not top 5 (to TX)
7. Morgan Cheli (18) To UCONN
8. Kendall Dudley (14) Not top 11 (UCLA)
9. Joyce Edwards (2)
10. Kayleigh Heckel (27)
11. Avery Howell (23) Didn't make top 5
12. Jordan Lee (8) not n top 11 to TX
13. Tahj Monet-Bloom (38) To MS St
14. Olivia Olsen (15) To Michigan
15. Me'Arah O'Neal (32)
16. Taliyah Parker (61) Didn't make top 8
17. Bryanna Preston (43)
18. Arianna Roberson (19)
19. Clara Silva To VA Tech
20. Zania Socka-Nguemen (26)
21. Blanca Thomas (29) To NC
22. Ava Grace Watson (49) To Ohio State
Thanks for keeping up with this even though it’s quite disappointing.

College sports are not the same as 10-20 years ago. I enjoy reading these threads.. then comparing/contrasting the dialogue on this forum with reality during the college basketball season. Most of the people identifying players based on their rankings will go silent if/once those players fail to reach the level of expectations in year 1 or year 2.
There is a sort of odd obsession on here with HS player rankings and stars.
The best freshman in WCB during the 2022-2023 season was a 2022 recruit who was the #23 rated player as a 4-star prospect.
The next best 2022 prospect was the guard from UCLA who had a strong freshman year as well.
Nothing else any freshman did stood out. I’m not against seeing young kids come into college and thrive year 1. It’s definitely part of building a solid foundation.
However, there’s absolutely no credibility or reasoning in trying to prove a point about recruiting via any avenue without acknowledging that there’s HS recruiting and the Transfer Portal.
Both are equal recruiting tools.
I said that to end by saying it’s almost unfair to these high school athletes the amount of pressure being put on them by folks who identify them based on how they are ranked out of high school.
The expectations are not realistic.
So what basis would you use as a recruiter, if not the opinion of people who evaluate talent for a living? Ouija board?

Certainly numerical ranking is not the be all and end all in recruiting. I'm sure staffs give more weight to their own eyeball testing of the prospect. They been doing this a long time, they know how much credence to give the various ranking services. OTOH, having talent ranked by those who watch them alot gives staffs a good starting point.

Not sure what it is about ranking that gets your goat. It's just a tool.

Vic was very successful in the SEC the last time he was here, but he did not go after the 5-star athletes or Mcdonald's all Americans. He found talent and developed it and was very successful doing it that way.
Rickea Jackson.

I don't think Vic shyed away from 5 stars, he just didn't land many. Then when he did land one, he left!

So you wanted contribute to a booster that supports the athletes ? Because i'm going to tell you that's how LSU is getting these players lol. They have a successful coach but their NIL game is up and running no doubt
No one wants to admit that NIL is typically why we aren't getting some of the top players. So again until we realize that, expect our recruiting be what it is. The staff can't pay the players so corporations need to step up and we need more joining the collective

Last edited:
We live in America. These athletes might be making the most money they will make in their life.

Silly comment....It's COLLEGE. It's supposed to be school--studying, classes, learning to think, all of which you later use to have what you hope will be a decent or better career. College is not supposed to be about bribing a few kids to come to your college, which is just corruption. But then the "free cash" thing is a big deal to some who've not grown up valuing education.

Silly comment....It's COLLEGE. It's supposed to be school--studying, classes, learning to think, all of which you later use to have what you hope will be a decent or better career. College is not supposed to be about bribing a few kids to come to your college, which is just corruption. But then the "free cash" thing is a big deal to some who've not grown up valuing education.
Nothing corrupt about it. No fraud or dishonesty. It's all in the open and legal.

FWIW, I wish everyone went to college for the reasons you mentioned. Sadly, some people(parents and students) don't realize the value of an education.

I agree college should be about bettering yourself and your situation to be able to support yourself and your family. I will not judge kids for improving their and their families living circumstances. That would be wrong in itself. What I do wish is that the NCAA would get a handle on it but then again the NCAA has been corrupt itself.

Also, those "some" that you think might not value education may have grown up with parents who could not afford to go to college or different circumstances so the cash they EARNED through their name, image, and likeness is because of all the hard work they put in. So that cash may be a big deal to those that struggled in life growing up.

No one wants to admit that NIL is typically why we aren't getting some of the top players. So again until we realize that, expect our recruiting be what it is. The staff can't pay the players so corporations need to step up and we need more joining the collective
Well no one wants to admit that because nobody really knows. Until a recruit comes out and says, “I went to xxxx, because they promised me more NIL deals”….no one knows why we aren’t getting top players, we just know that we’re not and eventually it’s going to be a problem. We aren’t going to win the portal EVERY year, I pray to God we do, otherwise, after 2024-2025, we’re cooked!

No one wants to admit that NIL is typically why we aren't getting some of the top players.
I disagree. The top players go wherever they please, and sign lucrative deals with national corporations. Examples include Clark, Bueckers, Fudd and others ranked very highly. The
per player NIL deals go to the next echelon of very good players.

Well no one wants to admit that because nobody really knows. Until a recruit comes out and says, “I went to xxxx, because they promised me more NIL deals”….no one knows why we aren’t getting top players, we just know that we’re not and eventually it’s going to be a problem. We aren’t going to win the portal EVERY year, I pray to God we do, otherwise, after 2024-2025, we’re cooked!

I don't buy this line of thinking that we are being NIL outbid for most of these players. Are Va. Tech, NC, Indiana, others offering lucrative NIL deals to all these players that aren't committing to us? I doubt it.

VN Store

Back