2024 Recruiting Thread

Geno has been On Clara and several other European players. Ines played for Portugal at the 2022 FIBA U18 Women's European Championship. I understand he heard about Clara because she played for the U16 team. BTW Ines was selected to the all-star 5 in that tournament. When Paige went down and he needed a 4th guard late in the year he knew of Ines being at the JUCO in Florida and offered her a scholly. CD went to Egypt to get El Alfy. It's my opinion he is targeting fewer US players and looking more overseas.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Geno has been On Clara and several other European players. Ines played for Portugal at the 2022 FIBA U18 Women's European Championship. I understand he heard about Clara because she played for the U16 team. BTW Ines was selected to the all-star 5 in that tournament. When Paige went down and he needed a 4th guard late in the year he knew of Ines being at the JUCO in Florida and offered her a scholly. CD went to Egypt to get El Alfy. It's my opinion he is targeting fewer US players and looking more overseas.

I could see that. It is not a secret that he has not been happy with how "these kids" feel entitled and empowered. With European recruits it may be a dream to play over here so they still run through a brick wall or maybe it's less hassle.

I could see that. It is not a secret that he has not been happy with how "these kids" feel entitled and empowered. With European recruits it may be a dream to play over here so they still run through a brick wall or maybe it's less hassle.
That thought, if true, sickens me.

Basically he can’t abuse American girls who have self worth like he used to. Has to cross the pond to find someone with broken English he can bully into submission.

Basically he can’t abuse American girls who have self worth like he used to. Has to cross the pond to find someone with broken English he can bully into submission.
Y’all are so ridiculous.

Just a head’s up, he has 3 Top 50 recruits coming in next season, a Top 5 commit for ‘24 and a Top 25 commit for ‘25 already. I’d say he’s still doing a great job and kids still want to play for him. ;)

Y’all are so ridiculous.

Just a head’s up, he has 3 Top 50 recruits coming in next season, a Top 5 commit for ‘24 and a Top 25 commit for ‘25 already. I’d say he’s still doing a great job and kids still want to play for him. ;)
He won’t coach either 24 or 25 for their full career. Hope other coaches are pointing that out.

I do think coaches who are recruiting extra heavily outside the U.S. are running at least a mild risk of appearing to believe there aren't enough American girls worthy of receiving a college scholarship from their school.

While I personally think it's great that opportunites are being made available to foreign kids who wouldn't have similar opportunities in their home countries, I have heard enough sarcastic comments over the years from others to know that there are those who believe there's a fine line between appearing open/welcoming/supportive of foreign students, and excluding/denying opportunities to American girls who've perhaps grown up dreaming of playing for those universities.

It's just something else to think about, as if the world of recruiting isn't jacked up enough already.

Y’all are so ridiculous.

If he lives that long. His color doesn’t look good at all lately.

oooooooh WEEEEEEEE! 😲

I’m a bit outlandish lately. But they’re making it so easy lvocd. For the record I rarely even read what they post. I just respond with something INSANE so they spend 45 minute scratching their head coming up with a response. Our moderators won’t block them like the boneyard does so I just try to make them feel as unwelcome as possible lol.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I’m a bit outlandish lately. But they’re making it so easy lvocd. For the record I rarely even read what they post. I just respond with something INSANE so they spend 45 minute scratching their head coming up with a response. Our moderators won’t block them like the boneyard does so I just try to make them feel as unwelcome as possible lol.
Grateful you ‘splained that. I was wondering… 🙃

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
I’m sure the commits and their families are well aware of that. Doesn’t negate what I said.
I did not say it did. I’m just pointing out this could be a wedge other coaches, say enthusiastic, positive coaches in their forties, could use to wedge away those commits. It is very difficult and downright unattractive to be the coach that follows THE COACH. Unlikely Connies will get a top level coach to replace G. Fall off of the program is virtually assured. Will top level recruits want to be part of that decline? Long, cold, gray winters with a disgruntled fan base….that doesn’t seem attractive to me. But, I’m sure that scenario is a dream for those recruits (verbal commits for now).

I did not say it did. I’m just pointing out this could be a wedge other coaches, say enthusiastic, positive coaches in their forties, could use to wedge away those commits. It is very difficult and downright unattractive to be the coach that follows THE COACH. Unlikely Connies will get a top level coach to replace G. Fall off of the program is virtually assured. Will top level recruits want to be part of that decline? Long, cold, gray winters with a disgruntled fan base….that doesn’t seem attractive to me. But, I’m sure that scenario is a dream for those recruits (verbal commits for now).

In other words “negative recruiting.”

In other words “negative recruiting.”
Nope, reality based recruiting. Nothing wrong with pointing out a particular coaches age and the possibility of retirement. The rest of my post was just what I think will happen.
Are you as a cockie doing some projection there?

Reactions: volfan__18

VN Store

Back