2024 Recruiting Thread

I was told her whole family hated Tennessee, that's just how it goes sometimes.
considering two her older sisters went elsewhere. Maybe family felt the older two weren’t recruited/contacted/seen etc and that factors into it.

Last edited:
Reactions: lfvol
Just out of curiosity, what would that "negative recruiting" consist of?

Just out of curiosity, what would that "negative recruiting" consist of?
Literally go back a few pages and see , we continue to have this same discussion on every other page asking posters to give them details of negative recruiting. It would be fair if it was once or twice that it was discussed but its literaly half of this thread dedicated towards it so coming and asking again being a fan of a different school makes me feel you are trying to create an environment sorry.

Last edited:
Jaloni would be a phenomenal PG for TN (Ranked #1 PG)
Imari Berry and/or Madi Hawk would would be great additions in the 2024 class also ranked #1 and #2 SG in TN
Both can play the 1 2 or 3 positions.
All 3 were MISS BASKETBALL FINALIST with Jaloni winning MS BASKETBALL

ALL 3 are HOMEGROWN TENNESSEE KIDS in

considering two her older sisters went elsewhere. Maybe family felt the older two weren’t recruited/contacted/seen etc and that factors into it.
You guys know how Andy Landers still gets weird when he talks about Tennessee? Because he always got his a$$ handed to him by Pat Summitt?

Some people/families just truly hate Tennessee. It's not necessarily something Kellie or the program did or can do, it's just the way it is. I actually have respect for that.

Sorry for getting on the soap box ….: just pointing out the blue hairs (as they are called ) 🤔. But ranked players seem to be the answers to how you are recruiting????? I mentioned the Tennessee girls because I wrote down all of the snide remark’s I got when we had 6 players ranked from Tennessee….. which will never happen again ! I thought Holly should have gotten at least two or more Tennessee kids ! But you would have thought I was asking Holly to go beneath her high talented recruits? I’ll mention Darth ( one of my favorite complainer’s) and Kellie haters …. Justine gave us a verbal commitment and no one knew she existed!
All the nega Vols were slandering Kellie for such a low ranked player at #35..,,, Of course since then she moved up to #11 and then all you could hear was crickets…. Rankings mean a lot to some people but I like to be my own judge !
Plenty of examples on UT ‘s teams…. Rae was not ranked high and neither was Key …. But both will play in the WNBA….. Just Saying
I recalled Pat telling of talking basketball with her dad . Tennessee might have just lost game Pat told her father did not have the horse's. Dad said get better horse's. Hollie got high rank classes but vols fans did not enjoy the ride. There more to basketball than height and jumping and runing. There puting the ball in the basket and passing.

Imari Berry and/or Madi Hawk would would be great additions in the 2024 class also ranked #1 and #2 SG in TN

I didn't realize Hawk had the size to play the 3 spot.

I think you have to get commits out of players in your own state early or move on to other players. A lot of out of state players like to wait if they are not going to a local or state school. I think it would be a bad sign if these in state players we are after have not committed by at least May of next year if their school of choice is Tennessee.

Reactions: Majors and turbovol
Madi Hawk is listed at 5'10 as is Imari Berry. Jaloni Cambridge is listed at 5'6 I'm sure more likely 1 or 2 but is 5'10 to small to play the 3? Honest question 🤔
It is borderline…..it’s been done often but it’s far from ideal. There have been great ones do it for sure, but that 3 spot is ideally 6’ or more. If you go way back in the game, it was not as much of an issue, girls were shorter then on average.

Reactions: CP3_LVFL
It is borderline…..it’s been done often but it’s far from ideal. There have been great ones do it for sure, but that 3 spot is ideally 6’ or more. If you go way back in the game, it was not as much of an issue, girls were shorter then on average.
Gotta offer her first.

Hard to say much about how well Ace is doing. It's too soon. She scored 2pt on 1-6 shooting and 1steal.
She had a good camp, she got good time over seas and getting early mins in game 1. All indications for a true freshman of doing well. Stat line not a wow, but getting in game one is the start.

Madi Hawk is listed at 5'10 as is Imari Berry. Jaloni Cambridge is listed at 5'6 I'm sure more likely 1 or 2 but is 5'10 to small to play the 3? Honest question 🤔
If you're strong and have great leaping ability, then it can be done. Otherwise, it can easily be exploited as a mismatch.

Reactions: CP3_LVFL
Is Cambridge visiting again soon? I see she is at LSU right now. She is obviously checking out a bunch of schools. Feels like an SEC girl though to me.

VN Store

Back