2024 Recruiting Thread

Please don't answer that question, Coach J. That is for Ms. Hawk to declare, plus it's none of our business.
How is it none of our business when pretty much all her business affiliates and life has been plastered on this board for months without recognition from the staff ? It's a logical question in regards to why we should be after her ? If that's overboard then maybe we should focus on UT recruits only specifically right ?

How is it none of our business when pretty much all her business affiliates and life has been plastered on this board for months without recognition from the staff ? It's a logical question in regards to why we should be after her ? If that's overboard then maybe we should focus on UT recruits only specifically right ?

Madi and her mother post offers on twitter. You can go look there to find the answer to your question.

Agree, can't have it both ways just because shes a local kid with no offer. Solid player but her offer sheet to this point is low D1/D2. Tennessee has no reason to offer her right now and could slow play her and hand out a walk on offer after her SR year. The local media sports publications had her on 3rd team after her Soph year. She'll have an opportunity to play at the next level, it just won't be at Tennessee at this point it looks like.

Hey guys, I was just asking about Madi to Coach Jumper...He has worked with her some, and is a personal friend of her family....Coach is also a good guy.

Let's all take a step back and trust that Coach Kellie gets the players she desires to be Lady Vols....We are just a discussion board, and really nothing more.

We're all looking forward to the coming season.....

Hey guys, I was just asking about Madi to Coach Jumper...He has worked with her some, and is a personal friend of her family....Coach is also a good guy.

Let's all take a step back and trust that Coach Kellie gets the players she desires to be Lady Vols....We are just a discussion board, and really nothing more.

thank you GT,,,always a friend ;o)

I guess all kids who are rising JR's have 100 offers by now,,,sheesh!

@xtpsrh08123 @Majors ,, others,,
The fact that she has P5's considering her enough to sit at her games is more than she or I could ask for at this stage. I am proud of my young warrior and look forward to being a part of her life for as long as she wants me in it. She is one of the best pure distance shooters I have worked with and I hope to have more time with her to expand her offensive game.

Lastly, the only one she has to impress for me,,,is,,,ME!

Last edited:

Maybe you should choose a different approach when requesting the staff to recruit a player versus using the "Are you going to let another one leave out our own backyard spill" ?

thank you GT,,,always a friend ;o)

I guess all kids who are rising JR's have 100 offers by now,,,sheesh!

@xtpsrh08123 @Majors ,, others,,
The fact that she has P5's considering her enough to sit at her games is more than she or I could ask for at this stage. I am proud of my young warrior and look forward to being a part of her life for as long as she wants me in it. She is one of the best pure distance shooters I have worked with and I hope to have more time with her to expand her offensive game.

Lastly, the only one she has to impress for me,,,is,,,ME!

100's no. P5 schools have those offers out to top tier kids and they work their way down as they get eliminated. I'm not knocking the kid and have stated as much, but right now in this moment is a point of honesty. Do we recruit kids who aren't considered to be one of the best HS kids in this area? Or do we go after players who will elevate the program. This is obviously a personal connection to you and I can appreciate that, but reality is she has no big offers at this time. Consider is a word that means you haven't sold them on it. Again, best of luck to the young lady she'll have an opportunity to play at the next level.

I did see HAWK was a MISS Basketball finalist for TN along with top 23 Alyiah Del Rosario.... and a Gatorade POY nominee
She was also ALL STATE
All of this is posted on her and mom social media
So sounds like to me she is a TOP kid in TN I would just about bet she is the BEST SG in the entire state and she is Ranked #13 nationally for the 2024 class by bluestar 30
Tennessee may not want her and that is OK but someone will the kid is good enough
I love that Coach J supports and stands up for her I respect that

@Majors ...If you think Madi gets a lot of my focus and exposure,,,just wait until I get to speed with my 2026ers.

If you're tired of me now,,,hold on !

and thank you CP3
;o)

I did see HAWK was a MISS Basketball finalist for TN along with top 23 Alyiah Del Rosario.... and a Gatorade POY nominee
She was also ALL STATE
All of this is posted on her and mom social media
So sounds like to me she is a TOP kid in TN I would just about bet she is the BEST SG in the entire state and she is Ranked #13 nationally for the 2024 class by bluestar 30
Tennessee may not want her and that is OK but someone will the kid is good enough
I love that Coach J supports and stands up for her I respect that

Imari Berry is the best shooting guard in that class in Tennessee by a long shot. She is most definitely on the LV radar.

@Majors ...If you think Madi gets a lot of my focus and exposure,,,just wait until I get to speed with my 2026ers.

If you're tired of me now,,,hold on !

and thank you CP3
;o)
Well we've been tired of you since 2016..........honestly jk but since the Rickea nonsese you pulled i literally dont take anything you say serious. Not trying to be rude but it's truth.

Reactions: Higbee
Well we've been tired of you since 2016..........honestly jk but since the Rickea nonsese you pulled i literally dont take anything you say serious. Not trying to be rude but it's truth.

I spoke to Rickea at the orange mountain signings. Told her who I was. She remembered me. . . Left an orange sharpee with her so she could sign autographs in orange. She has buried the past, so why don't you.

You say "we", but you speak for a very small segment of this site.
And yes, you are trying to be rude
have a nice day

And Imari has an offer which speaks volumes ....

She has also visited! Plus an offer ! Ranked #38 by HG for 2024 class with Jaloni ranked #2 in the same class … These two Tennessee girls would make a great addition to our team ! It’s interesting that the evil one from UConn just offered Imari and her write up seems to be positive towards UConn ? I have no doubt that he would like to steal both right out of our state .

I find it interesting that Geno is dipping down into rankings to offer such lower recruits? For the year of 2023 he just got a verbal of # 35 Quadence Sameuels! We were after her also and since her verbal to Uconn you can be assured that she will climb up in the next rankings ! The same with Imari being ranked at # 38 …. She will be moving up in the next rankings ! JMO

P. S. We better win this year or plan on losing these recruits to the evil one in the North…🤔

VN Store

Back