2024 Recruiting Thread

Liked the way Olson can use either hand to shoot and how she uses her body to shield from defender. Also like her anticipation for jumping passing lanes, court sense to find teammates after saving ball out of bounds, and propensity to exploit backdoor cuts.

High bb IQ combined with natural instincts. Total 📦.

Coach I really like your Madi...She has a sweet, sweet stroke...If there is any playback of this outing, please put it on here.

Somehow, someway, Madi has got to become a Lady Vol....
FLU1Q_DXoAgKJLr

Coach, I have once again watched a lot of film on Madi...This little lady is one hell of a shooter.......And she is also a very fine basketball player too...She has excellent defensive lateral movement, strong defensive anticipation, and her foot speed is excellent as well....

Any news on her tournament?
12013550_b39b11cb2d134d22933e7bc23c4e766d.jpg

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Seldom will you have an opportunity to understand why Jaloni Cambridge 2024 point guard from Ensworth is rated #2 . Watch the just completed U-17 world cup USA vs Spain on U-tube. The USA team is enjoyable to watch and Spain has several talented players including one with a black eye. This is quiet time so why not watch.

Kellie's money is on Justine right now and as far as i can tell, she isn't looking further.
Sadly, Madi has all but given up on TN seriously recruiting her at this point
It looks like Coach Banghart has the inside track
(right now)

Reactions: VA_VOLFAN
Kellie's money is on Justine right now and as far as i can tell, she isn't looking further.
(right now)
Dang i hate to hear this man
I thought for sure Madi would be a prospect especially living so close to UT. What do you think the problem is Coach? Size Speed Athleticism? Cause from everthing I can find on this kid she can ball and SHOOT/MAKE from deep
This kid will end up being a steph curry or ja morant kinda kid one that was under recruited (bc of size or whatever reason) but ends up being one of the best

Reactions: GameTime
(right now)
Hope Madi remains on the LVs radar. Justine and Madi play different positions. Both could be huge assets for the LVs. We do not need to miss out on another talented, in-state player. Just think, these two bombers on the wings or, for that matter, all over the floor. GBO.

Dang i hate to hear this man
I thought for sure Madi would be a prospect especially living so close to UT. What do you think the problem is Coach? Size Speed Athleticism? Cause from everthing I can find on this kid she can ball and SHOOT/MAKE from deep
This kid will end up being a steph curry or ja morant kinda kid one that was under recruited (bc of size or whatever reason) but ends up being one of the best
Me too. Madi seems to be a near-perfect LVs receruit and she is in their backyard. I don't know if Madi will end up in Steph Curry's neighborhood or Ja Morant's. Would be great, especially if she is in a LVs uniform. I believe Madi would be an excellent get in the Class of 2024. It would be a shame to miss out on this one. GBO.

I'm sure Kellie has very good reasons why she hasn't offered Madi.

Al, if I had to make a guess I would say it has to do with the Olson girl, the one UConn and the rest of the women's college basketball world is after...She is the prize they all seem to desire....The girl can play the 1-3 positions equally well...She is a talent.

In any event, Madi would make one hell of a fine Lady Vol and would score a ton of points....I really hate to see her wearing other colors....I'll keep a good thought, and hope.

Al, if I had to make a guess I would say it has to do with the Olson girl, the one UConn and the rest of the women's college basketball world is after...She is the prize they all seem to desire....The girl can play the 1-3 positions equally well...She is a talent.

In any event, Madi would make one hell of a fine Lady Vol and would score a ton of points....I really hate to see her wearing other colors....I'll keep a good thought, and hope.

GT, Olson is just one player, Kellie has 15 schollys. She also needs depth at every position, so................I'm guessing Madi just isn't in her plans for whatever reason or she would have offered by now. Especially knowing Madi wants to play at UT. I've got to trust Kellie knows what she's doing.

GT, Olson is just one player, Kellie has 15 schollys. She also needs depth at every position, so................I'm guessing Madi just isn't in her plans for whatever reason or she would have offered by now. Especially knowing Madi wants to play at UT. I've got to trust Kellie knows what she's doing.
It's a well known fact as of now TN does not use 3 point shooters as a main offense, they hardly use them at all. Maybe Madi doesn't fit into what kellie has in mind for TN in the future. JMO and I'm not 100% sure madi even wants to play at TN I think I've always just assumed this as many have bc she lives so close to UT. @Coach Jumper do you have any insite on this ??????

I dont think kellie has 15 scholarships for the 2024 class she may want Olsen more than Hawk and is holding out to see of she gets her. I don't know maybe she doesn't want Hawk at all but that is a darn shame. Hawk would be in my opinion just as productive if not more so offensively (if used correctly) than Olsen. JMO
about 2 inches differ in height
Hawk 5'10 has much better range and is an overall better shooter
Olsen 6'0 finishes a little better from what I can tell
Both are decent defenders, very good game IQ and impact the game in many ways
Hawk completely causes havoc for opposing coaches in the fact they have to put someone on her from half court her range is DEEEEEEEEP

Yeah she’s just not the caliber we are looking for. Appears she is being mostly recruited by lower tier DI programs and better DII schools. She took a visit to UNCW. Would bet she ends up at a similar school.

Does not appear she is getting interest from any P5 schools or her mother would definitely be blasting it to anyone who would listen on Twitter.

Whoever started pushing Madi on here really did her a disservice. Several of us pointed out months ago that she really didn’t have the package most top tier programs are looking for. Several posters jumped all over me for being “mean.” But that’s reality. Whomever started bringing her name up here is the mean one. They opened her up to getting picked apart by dozens of people.

Kid had a nice looking set shot but that’s all I have seen in her film. Doesn’t have a tight handle, not overly quick, does not leap well, not an elite passer and at 5’10” she plays more like a small forward with shooting range than a guard.

Yeah she’s just not the caliber we are looking for. Appears she is being mostly recruited by lower tier DI programs and better DII schools. She took a visit to UNCW. Would bet she ends up at a similar school.

Does not appear she is getting interest from any P5 schools or her mother would definitely be blasting it to anyone who would listen on Twitter.

Whoever started pushing Madi on here really did her a disservice. Several of us pointed out months ago that she really didn’t have the package most top tier programs are looking for. Several posters jumped all over me for being “mean.” But that’s reality. Whomever started bringing her name up here is the mean one. They opened her up to getting picked apart by dozens of people.

Kid had a nice looking set shot but that’s all I have seen in her film. Doesn’t have a tight handle, not overly quick, does not leap well, not an elite passer and at 5’10” she plays more like a small forward with shooting range than a guard.
I agree with this.

VN Store

Back