2024 Recruiting Thread

Lucy - if only your response had been in sarcastic blue!

you must remember the visitors with other allegiances, probably not treated well on their school's board, flock (pun intended) to ours but seldom have the expected sense of humor. (or any sense of humor at all)
You are exactly correct. No appreciation of humor. I intentionally didn’t use blue font. Got to read the room!

Reactions: chuckiepoo
At what school? Because aren't our locker rooms at UT really nice? Just like their film room and training room ?
Once the basketball budget is approved, some girls won't have to share locker space anymore.....Just kidding.
nv1e51-b88512631z.120150921100311000gs0c2v6e.10.jpg

Several videos in coach's first year included tours of the women's locker room.

Am i mistaken or did TN not get an upgraded locker room? It may not be on the guys level but wasn't it nice?

If i'm wrong please someone let me know. I know the media room (where they watch film is nice), they got new training area i believe, for some reason i thought i looked at other teams locker rooms and thought it looked like a HS locker room and the LVs was nice .

Tennessee, Knoxville, terriblely out dated. Men's have been upgraded numerous times this century

I know this is from 2018 but is this not a nice locker room ? If this is outdated goodness what do the other womens locker rooms look like. I have seen some other pix of team's locker room and media rooms and they still sit in folding chairs in some ....

This isn't trying to prove a point i am really asking because i am curious as to who has the top of the line.

Lady Vols' basketball team's locker room built on program's tradition

Am i mistaken or did TN not get an upgraded locker room? It may not be on the guys level but wasn't it nice?

If i'm wrong please someone let me know. I know the media room (where they watch film is nice), they got new training area i believe, for some reason i thought i looked at other teams locker rooms and thought it looked like a HS locker room and the LVs was nice .
The ladies got an upgrade too. Candace Parker made a joke about using her year of eligibility because of how nice the facilities were 🤣

Yes it is. And it is the only one in the world with a wonderful mural of Pat Summit on the well. That mural put's Pat's presence directly in that room.
Besides. We don’t have to have THE best locker room. It’s an excellent one, and we want players who care about the game, not the “dressing.”

Besides. We don’t have to have THE best locker room. It’s an excellent one, and we want players who care about the game, not the “dressing.”

But it's A-okay to have both. 😁

I mean, if Delaware State, the worst program in women's basketball last season, were to spend a billion dollars on a locker room with solid gold walls, I don't think that would convince top players to become Hornets. But if they are down to choosing between five excellent programs, all with great coaches and all with great traditions, and a couple of them have locker rooms that look like bigger janitor's closets and then one is super cool, it might be a consideration. 😁

It’s not only the locker room, you have to consider the practice facility too. The proximity and resources of the Pratt facility is a plus. Some of the other top schools do not have separate practice areas.

Exactly. Just look at what the. North Carolina women are working with. That gym is horrendous.

But it's A-okay to have both. 😁

I mean, if Delaware State, the worst program in women's basketball last season, were to spend a billion dollars on a locker room with solid gold walls, I don't think that would convince top players to become Hornets. But if they are down to choosing between five excellent programs, all with great coaches and all with great traditions, and a couple of them have locker rooms that look like bigger janitor's closets and then one is super cool, it might be a consideration. 😁
Exactly.

Reactions: chuckiepoo and Lucy
Exactly. Just look at what the. North Carolina women are working with. That gym is horrendous.

UNC's women's facilities may not be on a par with the ours--but they've hired a good, dynamic coach who is gong to improve that program a lot, and she's already doing well as a recruiter.

Reactions: ATLVOLFAN01
an aside from watching her games on u tube, her facial expression changes to more intense, when she has an offensive point guard plan/play. whether it is drive, shoot or pass. a non-expertise observation based on limited games - she lets the game come to her as the point guard, rather than trying to dominate the game like many elite players try to do.

VN Store

Back