2024 Recruiting Thread

6’2” GUARD……🤔. Rae Burrell type ? But she is from California….. Have we ever had anyone from Ca. ???
Courtney Young….almost.…a highly decorated guard signed from Ventura who was in Loree Moore’s class (along with Ely, Munoz, Brittany Jackson) but left before playing a game.☹️

Have we had ANY 2023 or 2024s commit yet? I was thinking NO but just wanted to make sure I was behind

I was thinking about this. Four of our priority targets are now playing on team USA 🇺🇸 so they might not commit til later on now as they would have possibly visited over the summer but now they will go play and then come back to their summer ball teams. So might be a little longer than expected.

Reactions: LV renaissance
I was thinking about this. Four of our priority targets are now playing on team USA 🇺🇸 so they might not commit til later on now as they would have possibly visited over the summer but now they will go play and then come back to their summer ball teams. So might be a little longer than expected.
I have also noticed that there have been very few commitments in the past few months to any teams. I keep checking the non-Lady Vol thread for news but it just has been minimal. Given that this is the first year on the forum and therefore the first time following WBB recruiting so closely, is there common pattern of when there are a lot of WBB commitments other than during the month leading up to signing date. It seems like there is a lot of commitments during Summer, but I am not sure if this is true? I imagine if so, it could be before the new school year starts.

Reactions: VA_VOLFAN
I have also noticed that there have been very few commitments in the past few months to any teams. I keep checking the non-Lady Vol thread for news but it just has been minimal. Given that this is the first year on the forum and therefore the first time following WBB recruiting so closely, is there common pattern of when there are a lot of WBB commitments other than during the month leading up to signing date. It seems like there is a lot of commitments during Summer, but I am not sure if this is true? I imagine if so, it could be before the new school year starts.

It's been different from class to class ... some A LOT commit early and others follow a trend of waiting then that makes others wait to see how rosters fill out.

Another thing is the transfer portal has changed the game and now recruits going one place may be over recruited and then have to switch or wait to see how things shake out as well. High School athletes are being told to "hurry up before the spot is taken" but the reality is if they don't do their due diligence they will end up in the portal too.

Oh and welcome 😁

Reactions: stllvf
23 and 24 will be different than the 2 prior years. We're back to face-to-face recruiting, typical on-campus visits, and normal travel ball. Plus there could be some incentive to wait and see if anyone is willing to put an NIL together for you if you're in the Top 100.

Reactions: VA_VOLFAN
23 and 24 will be different than the 2 prior years. We're back to face-to-face recruiting, typical on-campus visits, and normal travel ball. Plus there could be some incentive to wait and see if anyone is willing to put an NIL together for you if you're in the Top 100.

Recruits being able to come to campus again is a huge benefit to us. We have wonderful facilities and a great culture at Tennessee. Jillian Hollingshed said finally visiting in person sealed the deal. Had she been able to visit in person the first time around I think she would have been a Lady Vol then.

Courtney Young….almost.…a highly decorated guard signed from Ventura who was in Loree Moore’s class (along with Ely, Munoz, Brittany Jackson) but left before playing a game.☹️

I did a search to see whatever became of Courtney Young. First, I found the story from when she left the team and university. It was mentioned that she was taking a year off and intended to return. She ended up, first, at Ventura (Cali) Junior College, then later showed up on a 2004-05 list of bios for the UC Santa Barbara Gauchos I found -- only then to never find her on any official Gauchos roster or statistics info. So it appears she signed with UCSB and never played. I think former Lady Vol April McDivitt, who transferred to UCSB herself, was a grad assistant or assistant coach at that point.

I hope she's doing okay in life.

Imari Berry - Clarksville TN. She picks up an offer from Kentucky on Monday and South Carolina today.
The 2024 combo guard also came in at #38 in the latest ESPN rankings.

Lucy - if only your response had been in sarcastic blue!

you must remember the visitors with other allegiances, probably not treated well on their school's board, flock (pun intended) to ours but seldom have the expected sense of humor. (or any sense of humor at all)

Recruits being able to come to campus again is a huge benefit to us. We have wonderful facilities and a great culture at Tennessee. Jillian Hollingshed said finally visiting in person sealed the deal. Had she been able to visit in person the first time around I think she would have been a Lady Vol then.
The women's locker rooms are terrible! They need huge updates

VN Store

Back