2024 NBA Season Thread aka The Zion High Deductible Healthcare Plan

Zion Williamson pssh.

The only reason anybody should say "pssh" to ZW is the fact that he's injury prone. He's one of the most unstoppable scorers in NBA history. He was amazing in his only postseason game. He probably tilts game 1.

But yeah, 1's are supposed to sweep or gentlemen sweep # 8's. If they don't, there is likely something wrong with the 1 seed

Last edited:
Reactions: Rifleman and TBrown
I’m hoping today offers better games. Bucks bench needs to just let shots go and play the game now that there’s no superstar to stand around and watch. Can’t expect Middleton to carry. Run it through the post and get in/out 3s - as many as possible.

Reactions: knoxvol52
Working dish today before a Busser, however I can still see portions of the critical game 4 Knicks 76ers.

Pressure on the 76ers to play great again because this is a game they can realistically win if they again play a mostly smooth game meaning less critical mistakes than the stacked Knicks.

Reactions: Rifleman
Working dish today before a Busser, however I can still see portions of the critical game 4 Knicks 76ers.

Pressure on the 76ers to play great again because this is a game they can realistically win if they again play a mostly smooth game meaning less critical mistakes than the stacked Knicks.

Whoever wins this series will be a tough out. Great game so far.

Reactions: knoxvol52
What a thrilling game in the city famous for cheese steak sandwiches mostly and the underdog boxer Rocky movie franchise.

The Knicks just need to close.

Knicks are rocking and rolling.

Stephen A Smith most likely is very happy because the Knicks will advance to the second round if they can defeat the 76ers a 4th time.

Durant already making excuses about how he was used in offense.

Different uniform for him next season, Suns have Zero #1 draft picks from 2025-2030

My favorite part about Beal's 9 point, 2 assist elimination game performance is that in crunch time, he went turnover, turnover, and then foul out 30' from the basket sending Ant to the line when we didn't want that. I don't even think those 3 plays took 45".

Wolves vs Nuggets will be an epic series.

Congrats man on trouncing us, but I don't think so. They have better defenders for guarding your top 2 scorers and their offense is a million x better than ours. Probably a gentlemen's sweep. Maybe 6 and it is a pretty good series? I was wrong that this Suns series would be close, so I could be wrong about this WCS series too. I just think you guys are going to have the Lakers problem where when it comes to crunch time, you just can't match them bucket for bucket and the close games all go to them. Good luck.

Durant already making excuses about how he was used in offense.

Different uniform for him next season, Suns have Zero #1 draft picks from 2025-2030

He's not sourced on it. Who knows if it is true or where the info came, and I wouldn't call him out for making excuses when I don't even know if he wanted this leaked. For all we know, he told ownership Vogel is the problem and ownership leaked this so that they can build a case to the public for firing Vogel.

Congrats man on trouncing us, but I don't think so. They have better defenders for guarding your top 2 scorers and their offense is a million x better than ours. Probably a gentlemen's sweep. Maybe 6 and it is a pretty good series? I was wrong that this Suns series would be close, so I could be wrong about this WCS series too. I just think you guys are going to have the Lakers problem where when it comes to crunch time, you just can't match them bucket for bucket and the close games all go to them. Good luck.
Last year was a gentlemen’s sweep and that was with a severely undermanned Wolves team. The Nuggets won most of the games the way you think it’ll happen this year. It could play out very similarly but Ant has taken a leap since last year and the addition Jaden McDaniels and Naz Reid makes it a closer matchup. My brain says Nuggets in 7. My heart says Wolves in 4.

For all we know, he told ownership Vogel is the problem and ownership leaked this so that they can build a case to the public for firing Vogel.

KD is known for building championship teams.

Is he still doing his non-basketball media stuff? Dude disappeared from my perspective since arriving in PHX.

Last year was a gentlemen’s sweep and that was with a severely undermanned Wolves team. The Nuggets won most of the games the way you think it’ll happen this year. It could play out very similarly but Ant has taken a leap since last year and the addition Jaden McDaniels and Naz Reid makes it a closer matchup. My brain says Nuggets in 7. My heart says Wolves in 4.

Yeah, but did the Nuggets take them seriously last year? If Gobert and Reid are there, I don't think you guys miss KAT that much when he's gone. McDaniels killed the Suns but there is nobody great for him to guard in this series. I assume he'll be on MPjr which is a waste of his talent.

Ant is definitely better this year, and that may be why the series is epic, like you say. I just don't think KAT and McDaniels are changing much vs. the best team in the league. Nuggets might be the 3rd best team of the century, TBH.

KD is known for building championship teams.

Is he still doing his non-basketball media stuff? Dude disappeared from my perspective since arriving in PHX.

The only media stuff I know about him doing was Bill Simmons like 5 years ago a few times, and then the appearance(s) on Draymond's pod...maybe he did something in Brooklyn for a minute, seems like?

The only media stuff I know about him doing was Bill Simmons like 5 years ago a few times, and then the appearance(s) on Draymond's pod...maybe he did something in Brooklyn for a minute, seems like?

The Boardroom. I had to go look it up. Not sure if he’s a centerpiece anymore.

Are we saying KD had good chemistry with GS? It seems like OKC, Brooklyn, and PHX all seemed to suffer from chemistry issues. Great player, certainly.

The Boardroom. I had to go look it up. Not sure if he’s a centerpiece anymore.

Are we saying KD had good chemistry with GS? It seems like OKC, Brooklyn, and PHX all seemed to suffer from chemistry issues. Great player, certainly.

I don't think KD has chemistry issues in any meaningful way. I think his teammates like him. Draymond only had beef because he didn't want him to leave, and that's the only time I've ever heard of interpersonal problems with a teammate.

In Brooklyn we all thought the big 3 would be a mess on offense and they were spectacular from the jump. On the court everything was fine and KD wasn't the problem with the off-court stuff (until he went after Nash and management).

I do think that this older version of KD doesn't want to hustle off ball as much anymore, and that's the only on-court chemistry issue.

Reactions: TBrown
Yeah, but did the Nuggets take them seriously last year? If Gobert and Reid are there, I don't think you guys miss KAT that much when he's gone. McDaniels killed the Suns but there is nobody great for him to guard in this series. I assume he'll be on MPjr which is a waste of his talent.

Ant is definitely better this year, and that may be why the series is epic, like you say. I just don't think KAT and McDaniels are changing much vs. the best team in the league. Nuggets might be the 3rd best team of the century, TBH.

The Nuggets weren’t overlooking anyone last year. They were locked in from game 1 and were there to take care of business. Bruce Brown said he felt like the Wolves were their hardest matchup last year, mainly due to Ant. I think you’ll see McDaniels primarily on Murray but I think they’ll rotate McDaniels, Naw, Ant, and Mike all on Murray to give him different looks. I’ll be interested to see who they decide to put on Jokic. Whoever draws Gordon will be sagging off completely on help so It might be better to match KAT with Jokic and let Rudy play help. It’s going to be a fun series and I think this will become a big rivalry over the next few seasons. However it turns out it’s fun to see the Wolves playing big games into the month of May

VN Store

Back