2024 NBA Season Thread aka The Zion High Deductible Healthcare Plan

Lakers going to get swept for 2nd year in a row by Nuggets.

Complete overhaul in off season, need to add another star or competent player.

Maybe Klay🤔

Gotta be through a sign-and-trade because you are well over the cap if Lebron picks up his option.

Donovan Mitchell is the best case scenario for you probably, but I don't think it's happening. Brooklyn and Orlando can put together better deals. You got these contracts + three 1st rd draft picks to make whatever trades you can this summer.

1714139806960.png

I despise him

If I could change one thing about basketball, I'd remove the foul shot.

My plan:

Every 5th team foul would award one 10 second possession to the other team at the end of the game.

No inbounds on these but the ref gives a designated player the ball in the center court circle and that starts the 10 second clock.

The team in the lead gets all theirs before the team behind.

In a tie the team with the least fouls goes first.

Once the subsequent possessions could not change the outcome, the game is over.

I despise him

If I could change one thing about basketball, I'd remove the foul shot.

My plan:

Every 5th team foul would award one 10 second possession to the other team at the end of the game.

No inbounds on these but the ref gives a designated player the ball in the center court circle and that starts the 10 second clock.

The team in the lead gets all theirs before the team behind.

In a tie the team with the least fouls goes first.

Once the subsequent possessions could not change the outcome, the game is over.
And anytime anyone ever got beat off the dribble they would grab the opposing player

Forever

And anytime anyone ever got beat off the dribble they would grab the opposing player

Forever

No one will do that because if you foul out you miss the bonus possessions at the end of the game.

Me and Adam Silver will work out the specifics; maybe you get more possessions as the number of fouls escalates.

Example:
5 team fouls = 1 bonus possession
9 team fouls = 2 bonus possessions
12 = 3
14 = 4
16 = 5
+1 from there on becomes a real issue if you get 25 team fouls.

Also if you don't have to award foul shots in real time every call can be reviewed to see if it is correct. You'd have far fairer calls.

Watching the world's greatest athletes shoot 1 and 1s has always seemed absurd to me. There has to be a better way. It's boring.

Obviously it will never change because it is a huge part of every great player's stats, but it is the worst thing about basketball.

Last edited:
You do realize Mitchell Robinson’s arm makes contact with his shooting arm, right?

Yeah. Why on earth would Embiid's follow-through look like that if he didn't get fouled? MR certainly didn't get ball with the level of that swipe.

Cavs - Magic. Not an entertaining series so far. Will Game 4 finally be competitive?

6ers - Bockers. Embiid got 50 on just 19 shots! I'll go out on a limb and say that doesn't happen three more times. It's great to see these two friendly fanbases enjoy each other's hospitality.

Tonight's games are going to be played with some juice I imagine. Bucks are done IMO if Pacers get another big win tonight. Can the Mavs show up twice in a row? The Suns have to win, so we might get another supernova performance from Durant or Booker or both.

I still expect the Cavs to win because they’re playing a Magic team that is in the growing pains for Playoff Basketball while the Cavs have a better roster, and this isn’t new territory.

76ers Knicks
Yes it’s unlikely that Embid plays great three consecutive for games 4-6.
The Knicks have great players that can make critical baskets so I don’t see the 76ers winning this series even though they can realistically keep games competitive because it’s an achievable task for games 5 and 6 if they won game 4 in Philadelphia.

The Pressure is on the Clippers not to disappoint after losing a critical game 2.
It’s a coin flip game.

TWolves Suns
It would be entirely unsurprising if the Suns won in Phoenix because it’s a critical game 3, and because they have reliable great players that can play great in a must win game 3.
If it remains competitive going to the 4th then Suns fans are hoping that the Suns don’t choke.

Pacers Bucks
While the Bucks are a better team on paper slightly, they are playing a confident Pacers team that can go toe to toe with them.
So pressure on the Bucks not to choke like Charlie Brown.

Last edited:
Bucks without Giannis and possibly Khris Middleton tonight vs Pacers.

Well that makes it a manageable task for the Pacers to win because those are dynamite players that won’t be playing for the Bucks today in a game that begins 4:30 central time since Milwaukee is in the central time zone.

VN Store

Back