2024 NBA Season Thread aka The Zion High Deductible Healthcare Plan

Grayson Allen is getting $70m/4 to stay in PHX. It seems crazy for about 10 seconds, but once you process it, it makes sense. He's had such a good four-year stretch, getting better every year. 46% from 3p this year, and he's done 2.3 a/to ratio 2 straight years. They have to maintain the asset to maintain trade flexibility. He's got way more value than anybody else coming off the books this offseason.

All-defense, without putting a ton of thought into it:

D White
A Caruso
J McDaniels
Giannis
Gobert

J Suggs
H Jones
K Leonard
AD
Wembanyama

Completely fair list. Really wish Jrue or Jaylen got on there and I’d throw a shout out to Aaron Gordon as well. Isaac didn’t play enough I think

This is the opening round I hope America gets. Preferred winners in bold. I hate pulling for Boston but I'm afraid that if it's not them coming out of the east, the finals won't be good:

OKC vs GSW
DEN vs LAL
MIN vs PHX
LAC vs DAL

BOS
vs MIA
NYK vs PHI
MIL vs IND
CLE vs ORL

Lakers hang on vs Pelicans. What is their reward for winning they get a series vs Denver, a team they have lost to 8 times in a row.

Good grief.

I considered changing the thread title all season.

That game was so awesome. Zion was on fire. Ingram on the bench. Calderon + Jones + Murphy just being menaces on D. Pels almost pulled off the comeback.

Jontay Porter "banned for life."

The NBA said on Wednesday that they were banning Porter for “disclosing confidential information to sports bettors, limiting his own participation in one or more games for betting purposes, and betting on NBA games.”

The league also found that Porter had broken the cardinal rule of professional athletes by betting on his own sport. Just this calendar year, Porter had bet more than $54,000 on the NBA and won payouts of more than $76,000, according to the league’s investigation. Porter is the brother of Michael Porter, Jr., a starter for the defending-champion Denver Nuggets.

“There is nothing more important than protecting the integrity of NBA competition for our fans, our teams and everyone associated with our sport,” NBA commissioner Adam Silver said, “which is why Jontay Porter’s blatant violations of our gaming rules are being met with the most severe punishment.”

Reactions: n_huffhines
Jontay Porter "banned for life."

The NBA said on Wednesday that they were banning Porter for “disclosing confidential information to sports bettors, limiting his own participation in one or more games for betting purposes, and betting on NBA games.”

The league also found that Porter had broken the cardinal rule of professional athletes by betting on his own sport. Just this calendar year, Porter had bet more than $54,000 on the NBA and won payouts of more than $76,000, according to the league’s investigation. Porter is the brother of Michael Porter, Jr., a starter for the defending-champion Denver Nuggets.

“There is nothing more important than protecting the integrity of NBA competition for our fans, our teams and everyone associated with our sport,” NBA commissioner Adam Silver said, “which is why Jontay Porter’s blatant violations of our gaming rules are being met with the most severe punishment.”

He was only picked up because the Raptors were tanking, but it looked like he might belong in the NBA. He threw it all away.

Made it back to the house after work to watch the 4th Quarter of the Play in game Hawks vs Bulls.

I’m hopeful the Bulls don’t disappoint by choking in the 4th Quarter.

I’ll pretty happy as a Bulls fan that the Bulls defeated the Hawks tonight.

Bulls vs Heat on Friday a rematch of last year’s 8th Seed game.

Trae is the Dollar Tree clearance rack version of Dame.

No defense, doesn't lead by example, would rather score than win, and doesn't make teammates better....

VN Store

Back