2024 McDonald’s AA Game tonight

Co with Sarah Strong I take it? I really hope that she doesn't go to UConn. Their recruit in the game (Ziebell?) looks like the kind of player that can really light it up. Her, Strong and the returning players would be deadly and the easy preseason #1. I wonder how many years Geno plans to continue coaching though?
They had Cheli and Ziebell in the game, right? They will be ridiculously guard and wing heavy with all American recruits next year with or without Strong. Will be interesting to see how Geno handles those minutes given he generally doesn’t like to play a lot of players when when healthy. Wouldn’t be surprised if he doesn’t keep them all, but we’ve see how they love being cheerleaders on that bench before.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Get Lawson get strong đź‘€
That would be a huge reason to hire Lawson for sure if she could bring Strong and the other recruits headed to Duke. Players make coaches and she may have what she needs next season at Duke.

They had Cheli and Ziebell in the game, right? They will be ridiculously guard and wing heavy with all American recruits next year with or without Strong. Will be interesting to see how Geno handles those minutes given he generally doesn’t like to play a lot of players when when healthy. Wouldn’t be surprised if he doesn’t keep them all, but we’ve see how they love being cheerleaders on that bench before.
It will probably be a Poffenbarger/Ducharme thing where someone sees the writing on the wall early and opts to move on.

Reactions: brittannica
That would be a huge reason to hire Lawson for sure if she could bring Strong and the other recruits headed to Duke. Players make coaches and she may have what she needs next season at Duke.
I'm really rooting for Kara to pull in Strong, if only to keep her out of Storrs. But I don't want that fugly offense anywhere near Knoxville...

This was an ugly game, they usually are, but wow.

Curious to see these players actually in college.

Blakes looks like a really nice player heading to Vandy. Another one of those kids the Kellie faithful were certain was a Tennessee lock. Losing that one to Vandy felt about the same as when Holly lost that game to Vandy.

I don’t like losing to them in ANYTHING.

Berry didn’t look good at all. In the minutes I watched she picked up some dumb back to back fouls and spent most of her time arguing with the official.

This was an ugly game, they usually are, but wow.

Curious to see these players actually in college.

Blakes looks like a really nice player heading to Vandy. Another one of those kids the Kellie faithful were certain was a Tennessee lock. Losing that one to Vandy felt about the same as when Holly lost that game to Vandy.

I don’t like losing to them in ANYTHING.
Strong looks like the second coming of Maya Moore. That 3 pt shot is silky smooth. I know Edwards was co-MVP, but I'm not sure she's going to be unseating Kitts, Watkins or Feagin for minutes just yet. Maybe it was the nature of an AA game.

USC's players all looked really, really nice.

Strong looks like the second coming of Maya Moore. That 3 pt shot is silky smooth. I know Edwards was co-MVP, but I'm not sure she's going to be unseating Kitts, Watkins or Feagin for minutes just yet. Maybe it was the nature of an AA game.

Yeah I don’t expect to see much of Edwards next season. She’s gonna be riding that pine pony for a little bit. Dawn has no issue making freshies wait their turn.

Co with Sarah Strong I take it? I really hope that she doesn't go to UConn. Their recruit in the game (Ziebell?) looks like the kind of player that can really light it up. Her, Strong and the returning players would be deadly and the easy preseason #1. I wonder how many years Geno plans to continue coaching though?
I think Auriemma is good for at least another couple of years. He has a very good shot at another NC next year with the 5 injured players returning. Add Ziebel to that and possibly Strong and UConn's next couple of years are very promising. And then there is the "winningest coach ever" thing. I think he also wants that on his love me wall . He gained a couple of games in VanDerveer this season.

I think Edwards will play a lot Kitts needs to get stronger better footwork and work on her hands. I have never seen a player spend more time falling to the floor more then Kitts. Even she said those are the things she need to work on in the off season. I remember someone one the board not you Amb3096: saying Tessa Johnson would not see the floor because of Fulwiley. And i said i disagree Tessa can ball and will play good mins. As for Strong i think she go to UConn?

I think Edwards will play a lot Kitts needs to get stronger better footwork and work on her hands. I have never seen a player spend more time falling to the floor more then Kitts. Even she said those are the things she need to work on in the off season. I remember someone one the board not you Amb3096: saying Tessa Johnson would not see the floor because of Fulwiley. And i said i disagree Tessa can ball and will play good mins. As for Strong i think she go to UConn?
I think she'll play too, but I don't think she'll start. She seems a bit unpolished at the moment. Chloe at least seems to have a good grasp on the plays and sets. I can see her continuing to start next season, but towards the end of the season once Edwards adjusts, maybe she will get more minutes. I think it was @Rooster1 who said that Tessa would have a steep learning curve due to the level of competition she played in HS. I agree with you that she must have been a pleasant surprise for Dawn. Seems she had a high degree of trust in her in the late stages of close games too.

God, I hope Strong stays in NC...

I think she'll play too, but I don't think she'll start. She seems a bit unpolished at the moment. Chloe at least seems to have a good grasp on the plays and sets. I can see her continuing to start next season, but towards the end of the season once Edwards adjusts, maybe she will get more minutes. I think it was @Rooster1 who said that Tessa would have a steep learning curve due to the level of competition she played in HS. I agree with you that she must have been a pleasant surprise for Dawn. Seems she had a high degree of trust in her in the late stages of close games too.

God, I hope Strong stays in NC...
So do you think Dawn will still bring Watkins off the bench if she starts Kitts?

I think she starts Kitts at the 4 and Watkins at the 5, and brings in Feagin to play at either position. Edwards will initially get limited minutes at the 4. But I think of the 3 returning players, Kitts minutes are the least secure. I also don't know if Sakima Walker is coming back and what kind of role she is expected to have. SC won't have a true center on their roster next season if Walker moves on and with Tac injured, so Dawn will probably hit the portal to look for insurance. Feagin/Watkins are good enough against 90% of the centers in WCBB, but there will always be that time when Dawn will want to have size in her back pocket.

Yeah I don’t expect to see much of Edwards next season. She’s gonna be riding that pine pony for a little bit. Dawn has no issue making freshies wait their turn.
She also has no issues starting a freshman if needed. The "riding the pine" is almost comical considering the way she uses the bench. They all get good minutes regardless.

It will probably be a Poffenbarger/Ducharme thing where someone sees the writing on the wall early and opts to move on.
I don't see Ducharme leaving unless it is for her health. She was a very respected team mate before all the injuries. She averaged more than 20 minutes and 10 ppg before she was injured.

Reactions: VolFuture
I don't see Ducharme leaving unless it is for her health. She was a very respected team mate before all the injuries. She averaged more than 20 minutes and 10 ppg before she was injured.
That’s not what I was implying. It’s that UConn recruited two of the same players in the same class, and one of them left. I can see that happening again if they get Strong and there’s a logjam at the wing.

VN Store

Back