2024 & Beyond Basketball Recruiting

Well it should be a lot easier to find all of these 6’4” PF’s all over the country. I mean after all it’s not 1970 right? I tell you what. I’ll make it easier for you. Go to 247sports/on3/espn check out all the 2025 PF in the country. Find me 1 that is 6’4”. Come on. I’ll be waiting.

So condescending. Sheesh. Go look at Golden State’s title teams for example. Small ball is real and it is the norm for a high percentage of successful programs these days.

Tennessee: "I talk to Gregg Polinsky. I liked the environment and how the coaches and players treated each other. I like how they play the game and how the coaches are off the court. I talked to the strength and conditioning coach and all of the stuff they presented showed me how serious they are over there. Even on the academic side, everybody wants the most success for the basketball team. Rick Barnes likes to play positionless basketball and they are big on player development. That is one big thing I am looking at when I choose a school."

Dewayne Brown, an On3 four-star center in the 2025 class, has narrowed his list of schools down to two: Tennessee and Mississippi State.

The 6-foot-9 big man out of Hoover High (AL) has officially visited each program and plans to announce his commitment on April 20th.
Staff is feeling very good about Brown.

What's Brown's game like? is he more of an Awaka or can he step out and hit a few jumpers?
Doesn't remind me of Awaka. Thick kid. Not super athletic. Seems to have good hands. Didn't see a ton of physicality, but maybe I just didn't see enough video. Staff seems to like him so I'd guess he's a solid kid with potential? I wasn't super impressed, but I'm no scout.

Doesn't remind me of Awaka. Thick kid. Not super athletic. Seems to have good hands. Didn't see a ton of physicality, but maybe I just didn't see enough video. Staff seems to like him so I'd guess he's a solid kid with potential? I wasn't super impressed, but I'm no scout.
His footwork down low was prob the biggest sell, he is already more advanced than most centers who want to play finesse and shoot 3’s

This is usually the type of center that Mississippi State has on their roster.

Reactions: HalfullVol
Could we go after any of UK's current commits or are they all likely to follow Cal to Arky?

Hi all. If I run across any of the kids coming out of the Carolinas, I'll let you know. Yes I know, I am not a scout but I'm a parent who goes to all the tournaments these kids play in. My son is also in the same org as some kids UT is looking at.

VN Store

Back