2023's highest-graded edge rushers per PFF: Pearce No. 2

kamoshika

1705330749993.png
Heupel on Pearce: "James has got a great football future in front of him. He’s a great player right now, but he’s got a chance to be extremely special. And for him, just continuing to grow in his understanding of football IQ as we continue to move him around and put him in positions to win is gonna be extremely important as we go through this offseason. He’s dynamic, he’s got multiple moves to affect the quarterback. But there’s still growth in some of those fundamentals and continue to grow in how he defends the run. He’s doing that well, but there’s still some growth there. I say all of that, he’s a dynamic playmaker for us. He’s really rare, got a really bright future in front of him.”

View attachment 610370
Heupel on Pearce: "James has got a great football future in front of him. He’s a great player right now, but he’s got a chance to be extremely special. And for him, just continuing to grow in his understanding of football IQ as we continue to move him around and put him in positions to win is gonna be extremely important as we go through this offseason. He’s dynamic, he’s got multiple moves to affect the quarterback. But there’s still growth in some of those fundamentals and continue to grow in how he defends the run. He’s doing that well, but there’s still some growth there. I say all of that, he’s a dynamic playmaker for us. He’s really rare, got a really bright future in front of him.”

The biggest jump is usually from freshman to sophomore, but some players take a big step from soph to junior as well. Exciting to think about. If Josephs can take a step as well or Herring breaks into the rotation, look out.

Hype: He is dynamic, special, rare, but He needs to improve , and He is a great playmaker for us. He just needs to work on some stuff. Let's see; follows every compliment with a BUT he needs to improve.... I would have said He is a great talent with a sky's the limit future. Picky? Yep.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Hype: He is dynamic, special, rare, but He needs to improve , and He is a great playmaker for us. He just needs to work on some stuff. Let's see; follows every compliment with a BUT he needs to improve.... I would have said He is a great talent with a sky's the limit future. Picky? Yep.
I think he can and will get better after this off-season workouts. I am especially happen he is at Tennessee and not somewhere else. Rush ends are going to be special next year.

He reminds me of Leonard Little. Little took a mammoth leap in strength and size between his sophomore and junior years. I hope that Pearce does the same,and if he does, he will be an elite beast!
Players don't juice like they used to. He'll leap but more like a pygmy elephant than a mammoth.

A couple sites I have seen have him as the No. 1 overall prospect for 2025.
Whenever he really wanted to get to the QB he did.

Length and Strength. And he's faster than some of our DBs.

Hopefully Joseph takes that next step.

On3 was spot on with Pearce coming out of Charlotte.

Reactions: Carp
Anything on C. Bradley I have heard nothing about his development. He was a highly rated recruit !
I heard he maybe moving to TE this spring.

Which would be an awesome move.
And then they should move Okoye to SDE. Not TE

Reactions: rgvol
Or, follows every compliment with a, "He knows, and we know, what the next step is to being completely dominant on every play." (That's what I heard.)

He’s a future top ten pick if he doesn’t buy into his own hype and continues to work hard. A lot of guys flash (although not like this usually) then take a step backwards bc their heads get too big and lose concentration on working hard. He just needs to continue to work and he can be one the best to ever wear orange.

Reactions: MemphisVol77
It's his job as a coach to keep them hungry

VN Store

Back