2023 Target List

I wonder what the immigration/foreign student or worker rules are as they apply to Plavsic? Since he’ll likely not get picked up by the NBA he might need to remain a student to extend his stay. Or become a citizen. Same for ORN. I think another year for Plavsic is very likely, ON about 50/50 or a bit less depending on how the season plays out, and Santi/JJJ almost certain to leave after this year. I wish that Key had the option of 1 more year. He seems to be on another level compared to the other guards that have transferred in before - Powell, Bailey, Daniel, Darrington, Punter.
Punter was a very good all around player. Not sure why you are grouping him with these guys. I need to see more of Key on the defensive side and some more games against top notch competition before I anoint him. I think bare minimum he is gonna be a big time shot maker for us.

How were the elements other than scoring? As I said, Key complements the lineup.
All of his peripheral numbers were solid, too. It's hard to compare him and Key because they have different roles on vastly different teams. I'm not saying Key isn't a better player, and I'm not saying he is a better player. Key has played one game that counts, so it's premature to make a proclamation either way.

The poster's original point was that Kevin Punter didn't belong on the same list with the other names you mentioned, and I agree. He was much closer to anything Key will becomes than what the rest of that list was.

Punter was a very good all around player. Not sure why you are grouping him with these guys. I need to see more of Key on the defensive side and some more games against top notch competition before I anoint him. I think bare minimum he is gonna be a big time shot maker for us.

I grouped Punter with these guys because they are the transfers in during the Barnes era.

All of his peripheral numbers were solid, too. It's hard to compare him and Key because they have different roles on vastly different teams. I'm not saying Key isn't a better player, and I'm not saying he is a better player. Key has played one game that counts, so it's premature to make a proclamation either way.

The poster's original point was that Kevin Punter didn't belong on the same list with the other names you mentioned, and I agree. He was much closer to anything Key will becomes than what the rest of that list was.

Key and Punter both transferred in as upper class men. That’s my list. And IMO Key is the best of the bunch.

Key rebounds more and fouls less. Punter has a higher rate of turnovers, but also made more assists. Punter was really the only option at PG. That 15/16 team had no choice but to ride him. Hubbs was slow to contribute.

Punter missed almost a quarter of his senior year so it’s a difficult comparison. Punter might have been a better scorer, but there weren’t many other consistent options. I think that Bailey would have scored a lot if he was on the 2015-16 roster.

People sleeping so bad on Cade Phillips.

Kid is a baller. Going to be dunking on ppl all day at the college level.

Next year's team going to still be nasty

Cade Phillips & Cameron Care’s Link Academy team won the Bass Pro TOC, had some of the best teams in the country at the event. Phillips made the all tournament team, he’s been getting some real positive accolades of late…sounds a lot like a developed Fulkerson, high energy, effort, lob catch type guy. Will need to likely develop offensive game and continue getting stronger but should be a nice piece. Cameron Carr continues to look like a great get, he’s an offensive bucket which is a nice thing to hear for Vol fans. Not sure how ready he will be physically year 1, but his offensive game is obvious, just gonna be a matter of getting stronger and can he hold up defensively.

I am excited to see two 6-10/6-11players who are athletic and can handle the basketball coming to Tennessee. Both seem to be able to run the floor, rebound, shoot the ball from anywhere on the court and athletic enough to rebound on both ends of the court. I believe we will have more inside talent than I have even seen at Tennessee and we may have them for 2-4 years.

Rough night for our signees in Link Academy’s 84-58 loss to Monteverde Academy in a classic in New Jersey.

Cade Phillips - 5 pts (2-6 FG, 1-1 ft), 2 rebounds, 2 steals

Cameron Carr - 2 pts (1-9 FG, 0-7 3pt), 1 ast

Reactions: Vol49er
Rough night for our signees in Link Academy’s 84-58 loss to Monteverde Academy in a classic in New Jersey.

Cade Phillips - 5 pts (2-6 FG, 1-1 ft), 2 rebounds, 2 steals

Cameron Carr - 2 pts (1-9 FG, 0-7 3pt), 1 ast

Geez, even the guys who aren't here yet got in on our cold spell

Link Academy plays in the Dr. Pepper Classic on this Friday and Saturday at 8 pm each night. It's in Chattanooga at McCallie. Heads up to anyone in the area that wants to go

Reactions: cncchris33

VN Store

Back