2023 Target List

Well post Dilione I said he was off the board and you disagreed with that take, although now seem to be agreeing that he’s unlikely to come here…whether it was us, him, or handlers once Dilione committed to us Demary wasn’t a legitimate target, that’s all I’ve been saying.

You use the word “seem” a lot. You’re expanding the timeline of your crusade quite a bit if we’re going to time travel back to the Dilione signing. Back then I did disagree that DeMary was “off the board”. The misunderstanding was pretty fresh and we had differing opinions among the staff on whether or not it could be salvaged. Then, as well as recently, I share what I hear. Again, my assumption is that people are interested. Those who aren’t can tune it out. The fact that you read deeper meaning, isn’t something I can take responsibility for. That’s a choice you’re making. It is factually true that DeMary was not “off the board” then, and we have not “disengaged” with him, even now. Saying so doesn’t mean I think we’ll sign him. If I start believing that, I’ll say so. My opinion is that this recruitment peaked a long time ago and won’t recover. That isn’t going to stop me from sharing information with anyone who asks for it. There’s no agenda beyond that.

Not sure what you’re saying…he can’t sign anywhere until November 9th at the earliest?
I believe he's using the terms sign and commit interchangeably. If I'm deciphering correctly, he is saying that Demary has told his suitors that he plans to commit before Halloween, and he won't be committing to Tennessee before then. So, essentially, we aren't getting him, which most everyone already knew. Feels like we may just be trying to mend fences in the event he were to ever enter the portal.

I believe he's using the terms sign and commit interchangeably. If I'm deciphering correctly, he is saying that Demary has told his suitors that he plans to commit before Halloween, and he won't be committing to Tennessee before then. So, essentially, we aren't getting him, which most everyone already knew. Feels like we may just be trying to mend fences in the event he were to ever enter the portal.
I was being a smartass. DeMary called every program he has a relationship and said he’ll announce before 10/31. I just knew BTO would say he’s not a realistic target etc. so I made the distinction that he wasn’t coming here. If nothing else, we are in a good spot with him, his family, coaches etc.

Gotcha, wording was definitely throwing me off…wish him the best and nothing wrong with things not working out, glad the relationship was mended considering the portal nowadays.

Man, Juke Harris would be nice get. Maybe that's why they got him here at the same time as 2 of our commits.

VN Store

Back