2023 Target List

Adding the players you listed would most definitely be a highly ranked class.

Would be 63.17, which would be good for 12-14 in previous years.

For some reason I think both Estrella and Dilione finish 5 stars on 247, and I think Demary finishes around the 60-70 range. So I used the two lowest 5 stars and the 65th ranked player in the country and added them to our class and it came out to 67.16, which would good for 4-6 in previous years. (I got bored)

Either way, would be a great class.

Reactions: berryvol
To be honest, a transfer wing might be better. Looking at the 2023 potential lineup and it lacks a wing I trust at the 3. Zeigler and Dilione are the guards, Nkamhoua and Aidoo as the 4 and 5, but who is the 3? Leaves guys like Mashack among the top option who I'm not sold on starting yet

Last edited:
To be honest, a transfer wing might be better. Looking at the potential lineup and it lacks a wing I trust at the 3. Zeigler and Dilione are the guards, Nkamhoua and Aidoo as the 4 and 5, but who is the 3? Leaves guys like Mashack among the top option who I'm not sold on starting yet
You include Nkahmoua but exclude Phillips?

PG - ZZ/Dillione
SG - Transfer Guard/Demary
SF - Mashack/Jefferson or transfer
PF - ORN/Tobe/Cade Phillips
C - Aidoo/Estrella/Uros

JJJ and Santi will be drafted, imo.

PG - ZZ/Dillione
SG - Transfer Guard/Demary
SF - Mashack/Jefferson or transfer
PF - ORN/Tobe/Cade Phillips
C - Aidoo/Estrella/Uros

JJJ and Santi will be drafted, imo.
Julian Phillips as well? There’s just so much unknown given the number of eligible COVID year guys on our roster, really hard to project next years team imo.

okay then place Santi back at SG, now we win the whole thing. Then, if Julian comes back for a 2nd year then we really winning it all.
I doubt Santi gets much of a shot in the NBA but I think he could make good money overseas. Assuming he has his degree, I would think he might go ahead and leave rather than play that extra year. JMO based on nothing.

Reactions: walkenvol
I doubt Santi gets much of a shot in the NBA but I think he could make good money overseas. Assuming he has his degree, I would think he might go ahead and leave rather than play that extra year. JMO based on nothing.
Same here. I really doubt he or JJJ stick around. Both can make six figures playing overseas, and in Santi's case, probably closer to home if that is his desire.

Reactions: Golf freak
Same here. I really doubt he or JJJ stick around. Both can make six figures playing overseas, and in Santi's case, probably closer to home if that is his desire.
If the NIL rules change for international players that could change things for Santi but I doubt we could compete with pro money. I agree he and JJJ will likely be gone.

Reactions: cncchris33
Silas Demary Jr. has emerged in recent weeks as one of the biggest targets on Tennessee basketball’s recruiting board.

The 6-foot-4 combo guard, out of Charlotte, N.C., is ranked No. 113 overall in the 247Sports ratings as a three-star prospect. He’s the No. 20 combo guard in the country and is the No. 6 overall prospect in the state of North Carolina.

Demary picked up an offer from the Vols on July 1 and took an official visit to Tennessee on July 26.

As his recruitment continues grow — Tennessee, USC and North Carolina State are three programs heavily in pursuit of Demary — he should continue to climb in the rankings, too.

247Sports national basketball analyst Travis Branham this week named Demary as one of 10 prospects in the 2023 class that could be in line to add another star next to their name:

“Silas Demary has really made a significant jump over the last year in his development and it's bound to pay off in the next batch of rankings,” Branham wrote. “He was one of the more consistent performers this July playing with Team Curry and his recruitment has paid off because of it. The 6-foot-3 combo guard impacts the game in a variety of ways from his instincts and IQ, to his playmaking and facilitating, to his defense and positional rebounding and of course his scoring.

“One big reason he has made a jump is the improvement in his athleticism where he can beat guys off the dribble, has the strength to shield off defenders and also has terrific body control when attacking the rim. He's improved as a shooter as well but is an area for him to continue improving in which will make him a nice splash for whichever school lands him.”

247Sports Scouting Report — Silas Demary Jr.
“Demary is a potential big lead guard in the making. He plays both on and off the ball right now, approaches the game with a scoring mentality, and does not yet create a ton of easy scoring opportunities for his teammates, but also is not especially turnover prone either. He is at his best scoring the ball from the mid-range and in. He is extremely shifty to the rim, able to maintain his balance while attacking low to the ground, and a crafty finisher with both hands. Hill pull-up game is a definite weapon and he also uses his body well to draw contact and get to the free-throw line. His three-point range is still inconsistent with a ball that is a little hard and flat, but does not have any other glaring mechanical problems. Defensively, he shows flashes of moving his feet but tends to open his toes too easily when defending dribble penetration.”Adam Finkelstein, 247Sports Director of Scouting
-Ramey

Updated target list, using On3 ranking…**On3 composite ranking because they have no On3 ranking**

#16 JP Estrella-OV taken & UOV
#23 Elmarko Jackson
#38 Bronny James
#50 Freddie Dilione-OV taken
#61 Silas Demary Jr.-OV taken & UOV

#66 Cody Williams
#91 Davin Cosby Jr.-OV scheduled
**#106** CADE PHILLIPS-COMMITTED TO UT

**#122**Cameron Barnes
NR Jared Hall-UOV

VN Store

Back