2023 Target List

Tennessee will have several 2023 prospects on campus this weekend most notably forward Cade Phillips from Jacksonville, Ala. who will be on an official visit. Phillips is a high level athlete who needs to get stronger but has tons of potential.

Phillips will be joined 2023 guards Chase Clemmonsfrom Greenville, S.C. and mid-state native Isaiah Westfrom Goodpasture who will both be on unofficial visits.
-VQ

updated…

#4 Kwame Evans Jr.
#7 Omaha Biliew
#8 Justin Edwards
#10 GG Jackson
#18 Mikey Williams
#23 Kanaan Carlyle
#26 Sam Walters
#60 Cade Phillips-OV
#62 Blue Cain-UOV
#66 Jacolb Cole
#67 Cameron Barnes
#123 Papa Kante
#132 Amani Hansberry-OV
#134 Isaiah West-UOV
NR Wesley Tubbs
NR Jared Hall-UOV
NR JP Estrella

Tennessee is active in the ’23 class. The Vols are heavily involved with five-star forward Omaha Biliew. Point guard Elliot Cadeu from is currently the No. 6 ranked player in the 2024 class but there are some rumblings that he may reclassify into ’23. Tennessee is pursuing him hard. He was an AAU teammate of Zakai Zeigler and was in attendance Tuesday night at Madison Square Garden to watch the Vols in action.
Another northeast based prospect the Vols are chasing is big man Joseph Estrella from Portland, Me. Estrella has good genes. His mother played basketball at Boston College and his grandfather is 7-feet tall. Estrella and his mother are scheduled to make an unofficial visit when Tennessee plays LSU in Knoxville. Tennessee coaches will be in Houston next week to evaluate 2023 prospect Keanu Dawes, a long 6-foot-7 wing. Tennessee recently offered Dawes’ AAU teammate Jacob Cole, the No. 66 ranked player in the ’23 class.
-Vq

He’s probably going to Duke. That’s where Lebron would’ve gone if he hadn’t had the option to go directly pro.

Reactions: Ryno14
I would have thought it was a fore gone conclusion that Bronny would have gone to Duke if coach K was still there. However with him retiring it has to open things up.

I know the James family had ties to OSU but I wouldn’t consider them amongst the blue bloods in CBB.

I personally have always thought we would have a chance with Bronny. Despite the up/down feelings we as fans have with Rick Barnes at times. But in NBA circles and college basketball world he is highly regarded and respected for his basketball IQ, and development. Not to mention the relationships he build and develops as young men. All that to say I personally think Lebron would have a lot of respect for CRB and would gladly allow Bronny to play here.

That doesn’t mean he will come here. But I think we could legitimately be in play.

Reactions: Volfan1000
I would have thought it was a fore gone conclusion that Bronny would have gone to Duke if coach K was still there. However with him retiring it has to open things up.

I know the James family had ties to OSU but I wouldn’t consider them amongst the blue bloods in CBB.

I personally have always thought we would have a chance with Bronny. Despite the up/down feelings we as fans have with Rick Barnes at times. But in NBA circles and college basketball world he is highly regarded and respected for his basketball IQ, and development. Not to mention the relationships he build and develops as young men. All that to say I personally think Lebron would have a lot of respect for CRB and would gladly allow Bronny to play here.

That doesn’t mean he will come here. But I think we could legitimately be in play.
These comments are way better than what’s on Twitter. Hope the kid gives us a legit look.

Reactions: ERvolsfan
These comments are way better than what’s on Twitter. Hope the kid gives us a legit look.

Thanks. I have no idea if we stand a legit chance or not.

But under the context I listed above. As I really thought about it, with Roy Williams gone, Coach K gone, there arent too many coaches ahead of CRB in terms of respect in NBA and CBB circles. Maybe Mark Few at Zag, or Jay Wright at Nova but that's about it. In my opinion....

Some may bring up Cal but he's diminishing quickly at UK I'm not sure he will still be there in two years. (NBA Jump?? Fans growing tired)

So I at least think it's possible we have a chance.

Also I just thought about this as well, it may not mean much or translate but it's worth noting.

LeBron is very in touch with WNBA and knows several LVFLs, he is very close with Candace Parker and her family. We all know he is a huge historian of the sport, hes stated before his immense respect for Pat Summit and those teams back then.

Like I said doesn't mean much, but is worth noting.

I bring these all these points up over these past few posts, as these are just thoughts I've had from time to time about potential of Bronny Coming here.

I bring it up not necessarily to say he will come here but really to disuade those who laugh or scoff at the possibility.

VN Store

Back